It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:05 am

Free Newsletter

Bowel Movements....

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Bowel Movements....

Postby tinkerbella » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:21 pm

What do you eat too get it moving,
ive always had troubles, what do you do too get it happening??
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Re: Bowel Movements....

Postby Metalcharm » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:48 pm

Lots of veges (and not much dairy) work for me :shock: :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby CronicBadger » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:11 pm

Constipation is a sign that the bowels are not functioning correctly. This can usually be corrected by a change of diet. The usual advice is to drink plenty of water and eat foods with both soluble and non-soluble fibre.

CAUSES
Some foods seem to promote constipation: red meats, milk and cheese, wheat products, sugary treats.
Some drugs may also cause problems, such as pain killers and perhaps calcium supplements.
Some medical conditions can cause constipation, such as IBS and food allergies.

ALLEVIATION
Minimise processed foods. You want roughage, and lots of it.
Swap plain white bread for wholemeal.
Move around more. Walking is good.

Check with your doctor too, if it persists.

As for me, I used to suffer before I decided to lose weight by changing my eating habits. since then I've been fine and attribute it to less processed foods, more water, vegetables and fruit.
CronicBadger

Postby admin » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:11 am

A suggestion is have 1 glass of Metamucil each day, i think it is psyllium husks ground up, not sure but the smooth orange just tastes like tang. You can buy this in the supermarket around the vitiman section and tastes good. It is a powder, mix a teaspoon into a glass of water and have 1 or two a day. I have to take iron pills and they clogg you up but since taking this 6 months ago i have been ok and no issues.
Hope that helps.
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby tinkerbella » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:17 am

Thank you all,

Always interesting too see what others think on issues..
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby tinkerbella » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:28 pm

any more ideas ive always had problems in this area??
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:33 pm

Liquorice! A good dose of liquorice will get movement at the station. You can get some low sugar (lower sugar than the regular kind - it still packs a punch) at most chemists.

Keep your cereal roughage up and meals at regular times. I also find that it helps if you don't force the issue. Keep off the toilet until you really got to go. Forcing it does no good...let the body build critical mass and make the movement count! :lol:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Tams » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:27 pm

Ok, so first up, let's assume that everything is just fine and dandy with your body - because if it is NOT, NONE of these ideas will help, and many will make it worse. If anyone cleans up their general diet and things are still not working, then I highly, highly suggest a chat with your GP. And possibly another chat with another GP -too many times functional bowel health is dismissed, and one, it does not need to be dismissed as there is help out there, and two, too often a life-threatening condition is being dismissed by a Dr not quite up to speed.

So, with that caveat, here's the best tip: Magnesium. It's a good supplement for muscles in general, with the added bonus that it makes you go - Drs recommend it in particular if a woman needs calcium supplementation, as the calcium blocks things up, and the magnesium offsets this.
Tams

Postby tinkerbella » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:38 pm

Thanks Tams,
ive had a few Dr's tell me everythings fine but I can not go for over a week,and have been like this since I can remember...
I feel so much better once ive gone,
my tummy has always been puffy all my life....

its a terrible way too live.....
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Tams » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:05 am

Absolutely it's a terrible way to live.

Keep searching, keep trying, and keep asking. I just wanted to encourage you that you DO have a right to be treated seriously by Drs- there will be an answer somewhere, somehow. Sometimes it is the non-medical set who can give you solutions (and funnily enough, medicine often catches up with these 'alternatives' and prove how they work!)

But give the 'simple' answers a go first. A relative of mine swears that if she has 2 pieces of fruit a day, everything is great, if not, it's not - like you, she's always had this propensity. Her little boy had terrible issues too, but he seems to have grown out of it (I think for a while he couldn't have bananas or cheese...it's a while ago).

Wouldn't it be great if the magnesium helped you out?

Probiotics help some people too, but it can be a bit trial and error to get one that works for you (expect some BAD reactions), and also believe it if you are advised to go on a tapered increasing dose - a very very little bit at first. Same approach with psyllium - if you jump straight in, it can make you worse. But just try one thing at a time, over time, so you know what is causing what :)
Tams

Postby Tams » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:09 am

Oh, and did you know that there are such people as 'gut hypnotists' out there? Wierd. Like I said - there are many paths to explore! Help is out there!
Tams

Postby Blitz » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:32 pm

Oh yeah...there are many ways to help people to part with there money. :shock: :lol:

Look into my eyes Natasha...you are getting sleepy...sleepy...you are under my powers...give me all your money! :lol: :lol: :lol:

disclaimer: I've read many books on hypnotism. While hypnosis many help with the mind (most times only for a little while) - it many be dangerous to use in situations like this as it may end up masking a serious bowel condition.

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:37 pm

I would love too poo P everyday and im sure my weight would be so much better.....
am I really asking a lot....lol
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:57 pm

One of the biggest mistakes people make is to force it. Let it get to "critical mass" and eat regularly. Do these things and your body will find it own rhythm.
Sooner or later - it will come out! :shock:

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:01 pm

what are your thoughts on laxetts?
eg ford pills??
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80