It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:20 pm

Free Newsletter

When Things Aren't Going Your Way

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

When Things Aren't Going Your Way

Postby Blitz » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:41 pm

When life isn't going how you want it what do you do?

Is this the time to grasp these things and use them to dive out of our responsibility towards living a healthy lifestyle? Is there something in the back of your head that actually celebrates when something is going wrong in your life so you can feel fully justified to hit the fridge and pig out? How honest are we with ourselves about these situations? Life is full of troubles. They will always be there...whether or not you choose to pig out and surrender the good fight should not be dependent on whether things are going your way or not.

At the moment my life has a full plate. Apart from the usual financial hassles we all go through, I've had a severe toothache resulting with an urgent visit to the dentist to have it removed, followed by a major fevered cold, my mother has started having conversations with people who aren't there; so she has been put into hospital to get assessed for permanent care, I'm looking after her spoilt dog who has disgraced itself from both it's ends in my lounge...and will not eat regular dog food and one of my oldest friends is going through a bitter divorce and has been charged with 23 counts of child abuse...and the child abuse unit wants to interview me about him. Not a bad week eh? Even with this plate before me...no excuses. My weight is a separate issue...it will not be compromised.

How about you...what was your excuse again? :wink:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Re: When Things Aren't Going Your Way

Postby admin » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:24 pm

Oh Dear Kim. What a load to deal with all at once. Even dealing with one of them at a time would be enough....and to top it off even the dog is making sure he is not forgotten.
Keep strong, only worry about the things you are in control of as everything else is out of your control, even the dog!

Just remember what seems bad today, will not seem as bad in a couple of months time..if your mother needs care then she needs care. I think we all come to a stage when we have to deal with that issue as hard as it might be.

And I might be out of place in saying this but your oldest friends issues are not your issues. Just deal with it the best you can and don't make it another thing on your plate. You can listen and support without getting toooo involved, you have other things to deal with.

I will all turn better soon just get through this without any health issues.....

Thanks for sharing and look forward to some positive outcomes next week for you.

Cheers

Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Blitz » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:28 am

Hey - I'm ok...the only thing that really got to me was being short changed $100 on a job I did that week! :(

The tooth is out, the fevered cold is nearly finished (in the old days a cold would have me laid out for weeks coughing up my lungs!), my mother is still having her mind tested in hospital (my sister is copping the worst of my mum's ire...somehow I've remained her golden boy!), her dog is spending more time outside than he is used to (he can't be trusted inside!) and the police interview with the child abuse unit was relatively painless. :lol:

Everything has a silver lining if you look for it. The fever supercharged my metabolism. Usually I do 90 minutes of exercise a day to keep on an even keel...but lately I've been doing none or just 30 minutes and losing weight! I've gone from my upper limit to mid-range without any real effort thanks to my fevered cold. Not really recommended as a permanent weight solution but it is better than a poke in the eye! :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby admin » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 am

Glass half full kind of guy, good on you.
Being short changed is a bummer....but we learn lessons when dealing with the public.
Great to hear your health is on track, have a great week.
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby CronicBadger » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:56 am

On those occasions when my life seems a mess, nothing goes right and I just feel like giving up and reach for the coffee and biscuits - I remind myself that diet-induced poor health will just exacerbate the problem by making my mind feel groggy, my body less reactive, and overall lethargic. In other words, less able to weather the storm.

Good physical health aids the mind to stay flexible, keep perspective and a maintain a positive attitude.
CronicBadger

Postby Blitz » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:31 pm

I think that life problems and emotional binge eating aren't as connected as people like to think. What I believe goes on in the mind is that we use our problems as a convenient excuse to cheat on the promises we have made ourselves. If you think about there is no logical connection between overeating and our problems. No one ever ate away a life problem forever! :shock: :lol:

The bottom line for me is that life's problems and a healthy lifestyle are two separate things.

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sarah91 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:02 pm

Meditation and relaxation are best way to cope life's struggles and problems. It is antidote to stress and worries. Stress causes illness so we really need to relax and meditate. These are ways to eliminate toxins from our bodies.
Sarah91

Postby Blitz » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:19 am

I find a good old fashion run helps. While I run, I pray and meditate on life...and feel mighty fine afterwards...not to mention I'm usually tired enough after to sleep the sleep of angels! :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby That Guy » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:15 pm

I don't know...sometimes I slice/chop things up.
I find it somewhat therepeutic.
I don't know if this is the right thing to go on about here.
That Guy

Postby Blitz » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:11 am

As a therapy...I think it might be a little too food orientated! Probably not a great idea for those who want to lose weight! :shock: :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Return to Just Chatting