It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:24 am

Free Newsletter

People,yes no differ !!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

People,yes no differ !!

Postby tinkerbella » Fri May 23, 2014 1:07 pm

Do you find people treat you different at different sizes,or is it we are different at different sizes....

I know when im watching what im eating I feel happier with myself,so that shows on the outside,but I also feel when im very over weight I feel people are different with me...

I feel when im thin and sexy I more so strut my stuff and when im fat and unhealthy I get depressed....

So is it I am different when im bigger or is it people think shes a big slob and doesn't need attension???

Whats you way of thinking???
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Re: People,yes no differ !!

Postby JP1 » Fri May 23, 2014 1:16 pm

Definately feel better about myself when I know I look better but not really noticed people treat me any different to be honest.. that's just me and I've never been seriously over weight..
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby tinkerbella » Fri May 23, 2014 1:40 pm

I think its more so in my own mind,i just think im more confident when im on track.....

maybe I have more I don't give a censored attitude lol.... :twisted:
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby DD Diva » Fri May 23, 2014 1:44 pm

I look better, so feel better, and am treated better because I just AM better. 8)

Since getting the weight down to double figures (mind you, still a ways to go!) :oops: people have definitely started taking notice of how I dress, what I say and basically I have stopped being "visible" in crowds where the opinions of these people doesn't matter, and "invisible" amongst people that it does (if that makes sense?).
DD Diva

Postby tinkerbella » Fri May 23, 2014 1:50 pm

yes DD,
we feel better and we expect more of people,we dress with more style and just more confidence....

you are better DD..:-) im hearing you...and like what I hear...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Sat May 24, 2014 3:33 am

Oh yes people do treat you differently.

As a kids entertainer it is really uplifting hear a child announce at the top of his voice at a party "The magician is FAT" when you first walk in. That I could cope with...it's the judgement in the adults' eyes I hated. He couldn't be any good if he is that size. Before I began my performance I was starting miles behind a regular bodied performer. I had to work twice as hard to get the audience on my side. Since I've lost the weight I find the audience more "there for me" when I begin. Also adults are more friendlier and talk to me more at kids parties. I'm also taken more seriously by adults - my adult party bookings have greatly increased...I guess the skinny guy is more acceptable as entertainment (same act...different size!). The only down side is that some kids are more afraid of the magician now (adults telling them "he will make you disappear" :roll: )...fat people are viewed as less threatening.

In "civilian life" I'm taken more seriously as well. I'm not "invisible" to the public. People tend it discount those that don't look "normal". Someone in a wheel chair was commenting about that on TV yesterday...how people would address his wife a question about him rather than talk to him - yet he is right before them.

Also the way people put you in a box is awful when you are very large. I remember being seated in a plane once (aisle seat) and an older couple were shown the seats next to me. Boy, you should have seen their faces...eyes rolling and brows knit...this lump of lard was going to take up all the space. As it was I crunched myself into the smallest place that I could - keeping as still as I could yet the man without a second thought took up all the space he could (including our shared armrest and more!). In the end he fell asleep with his head pushed near mine and his arms and legs sprawled all over my seating area - and he snored!

I dress much more stylish now than I use to. Finding good clothes that look decent on you and don't cost an arm and a leg probably helps matters along. People are very superficial...they much rather judge a man by his clothes rather than the content of his heart.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Just Chatting