It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:46 am

Free Newsletter

Goodmorning topic..

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Goodmorning topic..

Postby Blitz » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:03 pm

DD Diva wrote:So that's how you lost all that weight, you made it disappear!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:

When Perth's Today Tonight did a story on me two years ago - that's the angle they went with too.
"Blitz the Magician lost almost half his body weight in just over a year" and "his best vanishing act" to quote snippets.
Surprisingly they undersold the story...I lost OVER half my starting body weight (56%).

One of my pet peeves is reading an article in a magazine or someone's book and the bold claim is that they "have lost half their body weight"...
and then you do the maths and discover that they had lost NEARLY half but NOT half. It's a good claim and it sells books etc but if it isn't true then it isn't true! The test is simple really...halve your starting weight - if you weigh less than that number THEN you can make the claim...anything less is dishonest. One guy on the internet laid claim to losing half his body weight...yet the maths was way out. It was only by reading the fine print that he actually was talking about half his body FAT and not his body weight! :roll:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:18 pm

If they are being dishonest they are being dishonest too themselves...one thing I hate is dishonest people,i would rather say what people don't want too hear than talk bull beep....

have you got the interview Kim,i would love too see it it would be very interesting and im sure it would be interesting for everybody too see...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:40 pm

I'm pretty sure that it is on my facebook page somewhere. Check it out...the footage of me running up and down my street in my Superman t-shirt is worth the price of admission! :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby Blitz » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:29 am

I've had a ferret around my facebook page (I'm not very good with facebook) and found the video in my photo section under the "albums" tab.

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:37 am

Blitz wrote:I've had a ferret around my facebook page (I'm not very good with facebook) and found the video in my photo section under the "albums" tab.

Awesome!!! Thanks for asking Tink, I wouldn't mind seeing the interview either! :D

Funny about your lack of confidence with facebook Kim, must be an "over 50's" aversion to that aspect of social media; I have a facebook account but am not real good at using it at all, and in fact, prefer older forms of cyber-communication networks like this forum!

p.s. By the time I get to goal, I WILL have definitely lost half my body weight.
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:06 pm

DD Diva wrote:Awesome!!! Thanks for asking Tink, I wouldn't mind seeing the interview either! :D

Funny about your lack of confidence with facebook Kim, must be an "over 50's" aversion to that aspect of social media; I have a facebook account but am not real good at using it at all, and in fact, prefer older forms of cyber-communication networks like this forum!

p.s. By the time I get to goal, I WILL have definitely lost half my body weight.

I've tried sending it via email a couple of times - but most times it just bounces back...even the smallest version I can make of it is too big for a lot of inboxes. I'll message you my facebook details Diva.

I would be okay with facebook - if they stop updating it all the time. The new format is far too "big brother" for my liking. I generally hate updated software anyway...just as you've got a handle on the buttons - they change everything around and usually what is missing is your favourite feature. Had that with firefox with their last update! I liked the buttons where they were - don't like them where they are now! Yes you can customise it - but not back to the old way. And don't get me started on Windows 8...that saga nearly drove me around the bend! :roll:

When you get to your goal - you will be stunned and amazed by the idea that more of you has gone than what is in the here and now. It really brings home that philosophical question "what makes an individual person - that individual"? Every cell in our body is replaced many times during our lifetimes and yet we remain in essence who we are...losing more than half your weight really brings that point home! The same; yet different!

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:53 pm

START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby tinkerbella » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:57 pm

How proud of yourself must you be....
That is extraordinary,you are extraordinary...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby DD Diva » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:43 pm

Oh pooh!!! I can't get the link to work!!! :cry:
Am I doing something wrong???
I'll see if I can work my way around it (via facebook) but I ain't makin' any promises; I'm tech savvy but when it comes to fb, I'm as dumb as dog do-do!! :oops:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:49 am

tinkerbella wrote:How proud of yourself must you be....

That's the point...I'm not...and my story shouldn't be!
What I've done is very very possible for anyone who really wants to change.

I couldn't get the link to work either. Went to facebook...well...couldn't find anything there...but that isn't to say it isn't there!
Maybe you will have better luck finding it Josie. :roll:

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:27 am

Good morning all,
as you would know I had the best few days away,
totally enjoyed my husbands attension's and affections,
its great just too have the time together..
my daughter looked great and I could tell
she had a lot more confidence and was so
nice too meet the people she is living with,
a top group of young Australians...

now back on the bacon wagon...lol
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby DD Diva » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:32 am

Blitz wrote:
tinkerbella wrote:How proud of yourself must you be....

That's the point...I'm not...and my story shouldn't be!
What I've done is very very possible for anyone who really wants to change.

I couldn't get the link to work either. Went to facebook...well...couldn't find anything there...but that isn't to say it isn't there!
Maybe you will have better luck finding it Josie. :roll:

Kim

Sadly not, I'm afraid that even with my limited knowledge of fb, I couldn't get the link to open. It said something along the lines of the link was not available or had expired? Is that right? Postings expire? Anyway, I'll try again this evening when I get back from work.
Thanks (for trying) Kim.
xx
Diva (aka Josie)
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:36 am

I thought that facebook was the monster that kept every post it could. I got the same sort of message.

Kim
Blitz

Postby Blitz » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:39 am

Welcome back Natasha...things were quiet here without you around!
Glad you had fun and that you are back into the swing of things. :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:40 am

Blitz wrote:I thought that facebook was the monster that kept every post it could. I got the same sort of message.

Kim

Kim ,its not in your photos its in your video links...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting