It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:10 pm

Free Newsletter

Da Diva is back in da house!!!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Da Diva is back in da house!!!

Postby DD Diva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:49 am

Yo peeps..... :lol:

DD Diva is back!!! :D Did you miss me???? Go on fess up.....I know some of you did!!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:

I'm really disappointed in myself, in just a few short days away from this place I did the unthinkable.....daa daa daa I comfort ate :oops: I was trying to down my hurt with food (something that I haven't done for over a year) and all over the actions of one hurtful and spiteful person. :cry: I realise now that by withdrawing I was letting that person win, well surprise surprise....I've come to my senses....and realise that I'm so much better than that!!! 8) I'm done feeling sorry for myself, and thanks to the very kind words of some of those in here (who reached out to me) I know that it was silly of me to stay away from a place I enjoy participating in simply to spare the feelings of those who don't appreciate (among other things) my sense of humour!!! 8) :roll:

So.....DIVA'S BACK....watch out forumites....the stakes are high and I'm here to win.....Iet challenge and the games begin!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:

p.s. It's MY own thread this time, so if you don't like my (posts) don't visit this thread, it's that SIMPLE!!! :mrgreen: :wink:
DD Diva

Re: Da Diva is back in da house!!!

Postby tinkerbella » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:13 am

Good for you Diva,
Its so true,
It is your thread,you write what you like....

Great,get back on that wagon and watch the numbers go down,
all the best,you can do it..... :D
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby DD Diva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:17 am

tinkerbella wrote:Good for you Diva,
Its so true,
It is your thread,you write what you like....

Great,get back on that wagon and watch the numbers go down,
all the best,you can do it..... :D

Geez.....do you know the Myers store at all Tink???
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:44 pm

DD Diva wrote:Yo peeps..... :lol:

DD Diva is back!!! :D Did you miss me???? Go on fess up.....I know some of you did!!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:

I'm really disappointed in myself, in just a few short days away from this place I did the unthinkable.....daa daa daa I comfort ate :oops: I was trying to down my hurt with food (something that I haven't done for over a year) and all over the actions of one hurtful and spiteful person. :cry: I realise now that by withdrawing I was letting that person win, well surprise surprise....I've come to my senses....and realise that I'm so much better than that!!! 8)

Welcome back...I did miss you. 8)
I don't know about that house rapper title though...from your photo and writings I always imagine you more prim and proper - certainly not gangsta! :wink:

Gosh sounds like you've learnt something new about yourself. Don't waste it...grow from this experience! This thing about linking eating food with what life throws at you is something that has to be dealt with.

With me that key moment was in an argument with my wife one night. The old me would have grabbed the car keys, stormed out of the house, go buy a newspaper and some takeaway and feed my face. It was getting towards the end of the argument and time for me to make my grand exit when I suddenly realised that I'll have to play it different...feeding my face wasn't an option this time. So while arguing I put on my jogging shoes and gear, turned to give my wife one last piece of wisdom that I could ill afford to part with and then headed into the night. That night I jogged my heart out...tripled my usually run! I felt so good for it. Calmed myself down, gained perspective on the situation...and maintained the healthy lifestyle choices. The link between food and problems was broken.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:25 pm

Blitz wrote:
DD Diva wrote:Yo peeps..... :lol:

I'm really disappointed in myself, in just a few short days away from this place I did the unthinkable.....daa daa daa I comfort ate :oops: I was trying to down my hurt with food (something that I haven't done for over a year) and all over the actions of one hurtful and spiteful person. :cry: I realise now that by withdrawing I was letting that person win, well surprise surprise....I've come to my senses....and realise that I'm so much better than that!!! 8)

Welcome back...I did miss you. 8)
I don't know about that house rapper title though...from your photo and writings I always imagine you more prim and proper - certainly not gangsta! :wink:

Gosh sounds like you've learnt something new about yourself. Don't waste it...grow from this experience! This thing about linking eating food with what life throws at you is something that has to be dealt with.

With me that key moment was in an argument with my wife one night. The old me would have grabbed the car keys, stormed out of the house, go buy a newspaper and some takeaway and feed my face. It was getting towards the end of the argument and time for me to make my grand exit when I suddenly realised that I'll have to play it different...feeding my face wasn't an option this time. So while arguing I put on my jogging shoes and gear, turned to give my wife one last piece of wisdom that I could ill afford to part with and then headed into the night. That night I jogged my heart out...tripled my usually run! I felt so good for it. Calmed myself down, gained perspective on the situation...and maintained the healthy lifestyle choices. The link between food and problems was broken.

Kim

This play on words for the thread title is about as gangsta as I'd ever get, I'm too much of a grammar (and spelling) nazi to ever really communicate like a rapper for more than a sentence or two! :lol:

Yes I learnt that comfort eating is a temporary fix and albeit feels good with every mouthful of food you're shovelling down with your emotions, the feeling is negated pretty quickly and hits like a bomb when the reality of your deed is evidenced by the numbers on the scales!!! :shock:

But what really blew me away was the perpetrator's post in response!!! Goodness me, I don't think I've EVER encountered such hide, or maybe it's more dense matter than tough exterior, either way....it's tragically amusing!!! :oops:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:42 pm

Don't worry about it...look else where for comfort - BUT NOT FOOD! :shock: :lol:

Hang with those you feel supported by...I've got a thick hide and broad shoulders (actually since I've lost the weight they don't look as broad!) - I can handle anything you can chuck my way! :wink: :lol:

Finally worked out what the "D D" part of you user name means Josie!...
DAWG DOGGIE DIVA! Good name for a gangsta rapper or what? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:54 pm

Blitz wrote:Don't worry about it...look else where for comfort - BUT NOT FOOD! :shock: :lol:

Hang with those you feel supported by...I've got a thick hide and broad shoulders (actually since I've lost the weight they don't look as broad!) - I can handle anything you can chuck my way! :wink: :lol:

Finally worked out what the "D D" part of you user name means Josie!...
DAWG DOGGIE DIVA! Good name for a gangsta rapper or what? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kim

Doh!!! I've been unmasked!!! I feel sooooo exposed!!! :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:36 pm

YAY!!!! *throws confetti and does a strange interpretive dance* :lol:

I'm so glad you're back, Josie! *hugs*

You were understandably hurt and I know when I feel like that it's Iced Vovo's, chocolate... :| But to admitted your mistake, you took ownership of it and you came out kicking! ;) I am very happy you have decided to stay, it wouldn't be the same without you! :mrgreen:

Bring it on, I say!! ;)
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby tinkerbella » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:43 pm

Iced VoVo's ,
I love iced vovo's,
theres a great recipe in this weeks "yours"
magazine but I wont make them till I hit goal as
I wont be able too stop at just one,or two.... :lol: :lol:
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby DD Diva » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:02 pm

tinkerbella wrote:Iced VoVo's ,
I love iced vovo's,
theres a great recipe in this weeks "yours"
magazine but I wont make them till I hit goal as
I wont be able too stop at just one,or two.... :lol: :lol:

Why don't you focus on something more beneficial to your health like looking for healthier recipes??? :roll:
You need to stop worrying about things like iced vovos and anything (everything) else that you obviously feel you're deprived of in this "temporary stage" of your weight loss journey.
You're totally food obsessed, and although that's what got most of us to this stage in our weights, the only way to break the cycle is to reprogram your thinking!!!
EAT TO LIVE not LIVE TO EAT!!!
If you want to lose weight and keep it off FOREVER you need to make permanent, lifestyle changes that will you will be committed to for life.
Though I can't see you committing to reading the actual content of this thread, let alone something as detrimental to your well being!!! :oops:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:54 pm

I have a confession...I don't even know what the heck "iced vovo's" are! It sounds like some sort of desert...am I right? :oops:

Keep yourselves focussed on the important stuff guys...don't let life's little issues distract you from what really matters.
Weigh loss is a stressful thing to do. Sometimes it gets to us and puts us on edge. Kiss it all off...
the journey is worth more than the distraction - stay the course! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:07 pm

:arrow: Please note: The contents of this post has been removed as it may have contained material not helpful to the Forum or the poster and may also breach Forum guidelines :!: edit by BLITZ :cry:
DD Diva

Postby tinkerbella » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:08 pm

:arrow: Please note: The contents of this post has been removed as it may have contained material not helpful to the Forum or the poster and may also breach Forum guidelines :!: edit by BLITZ :cry:
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby DD Diva » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:11 pm

DD Diva

Postby tinkerbella » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:16 pm

START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Next

Return to Just Chatting