It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:27 am

Free Newsletter

Da Diva is back in da house!!!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Da Diva is back in da house!!!

Postby DD Diva » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:18 pm

ganymede wrote:
DD Diva wrote: Yeehhhhaaahhhhh!!! Josie, congratulations hunnie! I'm so proud of you!!! :D

Thanks Shelley. :D

Hope you're going well too, and I'm really looking forward to your weigh in this Thursday; BRING IT HOME, GF!!! :wink: :D
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:25 pm

That's the peril of the daily weigh in!
But rather that than those Biggest Loser moments when they weigh in and have gained 3 kilos! Mind you - a gain like that you gotta have some sort of inkling that it was coming down the pipeline!

A very good effort Josie...keep it coming! :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:49 pm

Blitz wrote:That's the peril of the daily weigh in!
But rather that than those Biggest Loser moments when they weigh in and have gained 3 kilos! Mind you - a gain like that you gotta have some sort of inkling that it was coming down the pipeline!

A very good effort Josie...keep it coming! :D

Kim

Thanks again Kim,
Yes better a small/reasonable loss than a huge gain. :oops:
Not sure what happened though, I was pretty shocked to see a huge drop midweek but then, it was straight after the 12km walk to the shops so maybe that's why??!! :? Sad part was that within a few days the body obviously regained some of what I suspect must've been fluid loss from the long walk hence the increase in the days that followed!!! :(. I know it definitely wasn't food related, I'd been vigilant all week!! Never mind, it's still an 800g loss for the week (though a 1.5kg would've been nicer!!!) :roll: Geez there's just no pleasin' some people huh??!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:48 am

Sweat loss for sure...followed by liquid retention to get the system back on line with a dash of muscle making just to cover it in case you decide to do that again. If you had muscles soreness a day or two after, you will know the muscle making is happening. All good anyway you look at it! 8)

Ah...the weekly weigh in. Never as good as we hope but never as bad as we fear (so long as we did the right things). :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:00 am

Geez pretty dead in here!!

Seems like a lot of the nags have lost control of the reigns and bolted in the opposite direction to the finish line!!! :oops: Can't say I'm surprised, as I've said all along eating right and exercise alone won't do it; it's the head space PLUS that stuff that will guarantee victory!!! :roll:

I'm quietly plodding along on my journey (as I know Shelley is too) but just wanted to say to those nags (if you're reading this; and I know you are) if this triggers an anger In your belly to draw you back to the right path.......then my post will have achieved what I intended it to!!

Unlike Kim, I am not one to sugar coat it; I call a spade a spade, but then that's probably why he's glad I don't post as it can be unhelpful to people who only want wind blown up their butts!!! Well, I don't do wind-blowing either sorry, and for what it's worth (and I seriously don't even know why I'm bothering but here goes)
Natasha, you COULD NOT have sustained your journey, I've seen sparrow's eat bigger meals!!! :shock:
Karen, your diet is one of the most nutritionally unbalanced sugar-loaded I have ever seen, keep that up and you'll end up a diabetic (and worst, and at best) when you crash it will be HARD!!! :oops:

Do yourselves a favour, both of you, stop kidding yourselves; this isn't a game....YOUR HEALTH is important! I sound like a broken record but....it's not just about fitting into that little black dress, or making it to an event, or a season.......it's about REACHING AND MAINTAINING A LIFESTYLE and if they way you're doing that now isn't sustainable YOU WILL (as you both appear to have done now) DROP THE BALL!!!!!!!! :shock:

Ok....rant over (back to the important topic.....ME!!!) :lol: :lol:

Loss for the week: 700g
May not sound as impressive but it's about par on what I do most weeks, and have been for the last year and a bit!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Cackleberry » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:54 am

Haha yep....helpful. :shock: :roll:

For what it's worth, I don't prefer having wind blown up my a$$, sorry if the world doesn't stop still and listen to the almighty Diva. I am following a program the Diabetes Association recommended of making small changes. My husband lost 20kgs eating same food as me on the program and shock horror, the Diabetes Association did a story on him. He has kept the weight off too.

This is the last post I will bother typing to you, what a negative attitude you have. No wonder it is quiet around here!!
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
Short Term GW 69kg (10kg loss)
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby DD Diva » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:59 am

Cackleberry wrote:Haha yep....helpful. :shock: :roll:

For what it's worth, I don't prefer having wind blown up my a$$, sorry if the world doesn't stop still and listen to the almighty Diva. I am following a program the Diabetes Association recommended of making small changes. My husband lost 20kgs eating same food as me on the program and shock horror, the Diabetes Association did a story on him. He has kept the weight off too.

This is the last post I will bother typing to you, what a negative attitude you have. No wonder it is quiet around here!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:22 am

Thanks for posting your weekly weigh in...I've missed your presence here.
Another good steady loss...keep them coming! :D

I think your last post is wrong...I sugar coat? I've been accused often of blunt posts too...besides - I try to avoid too much sugar these days - I'm trying to lead a healthy lifestyle! It must also be noted that I often have called a spade a shovel when the occasion calls for it! :lol:

Your post reminded me of that classic definition of what a diplomat is: a person who has the ability to tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the journey! :shock: :lol:
In Dorothy L. Sayer's book "The Nine Tailors" there is a school girl character in it that most biographers agree is a thumb sketch of her as a girl. In it the character observes 'But that's just what the girls say at school. How did you know?...Though they're all idiots - mostly, that is.'
To which her detective/hero Lord Peter Wimsey answers;
'Most people are,' said Wimsey, gravely 'but it isn't kind to tell them so. I expect you do tell them so. Have a heart; they can't help it'
It is believed that this is advice that the older Sayers wished that her younger self had learnt...would have made life a lot easier for her.

People are where they are on their journey. It is always a source of frustration to see people taking wrong turns, heading to dead ends and making unwise choices. As parents...seeing our kids repeat our old mistakes of the past are probably the most frustrating examples of that. We can do what we can do...and be there to help pick up the pieces when they fall down and encourage them towards the right path. In your own life there had been many attempts to lose weight that have not been successful. But each of those attempts grew you closer to the successful path. You understand better than me who only had to attempt weight loss the once how difficult it is "getting your head in the right place" is. You want it easier for them that strive. That is why you have a heart for those here...just try to make it a kind heart.

Kim
Blitz

Postby Cackleberry » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:16 am

People are where they are on their journey. It is always a source of frustration to see people taking wrong turns, heading to dead ends and making unwise choices. As parents...seeing our kids repeat our old mistakes of the past are probably the most frustrating examples of that.

So in saying this, your way is the right way?? I have followed a 1300-1500 calorie eating plan before and lost 10kg. It worked. Doesn't sound like wrong way to me. I think you need to be a tad less close minded.

Meh, why am I wasting my time....
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby Blitz » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:16 pm

Cackleberry wrote:
So in saying this, your way is the right way?? I have followed a 1300-1500 calorie eating plan before and lost 10kg. It worked. Doesn't sound like wrong way to me. I think you need to be a tad less close minded.

Meh, why am I wasting my time....

I've never talked about one way, that has been your construct. I've often posted here warnings that a cookie cutter approach to weight loss (one size fits all) doesn't work. For true success you have to take ownership and work out an individual healthy lifestyle that works in your life. What I do believe is absolutely needful is getting the right mind set - that is the essential for success. Once that is in place the rest of weight loss will fall into place as you make individual changes to make your unique lifestyle a healthier one.

You say that you have followed a 1300-1500 calorie plan before, lost 10kg and that it worked. But you are wrong...it DIDN'T WORK. The experts measure success as reaching your goal weight and keeping it off for a year or more. That you have not managed to do. Many people do manage to lose weight but fail miserable to keep it off and often regain more because they fail in one key aspect...they look at weight loss as a temporary process not as a permanent lifestyle change.

Cackleberry wrote:I am following a program the Diabetes Association recommended of making small changes. My husband lost 20kgs eating same food as me on the program and shock horror, the Diabetes Association did a story on him. He has kept the weight off too.

I wish you were following the Diabetes Association recommendation by making small changes. I've seen little evidence of it here. Indeed you seem to be making an effort to not to be making any changes at all. It is great that your husband has lost 20kgs but I suggest to you the reason he has is not because he followed the program but because he decided to change his lifestyle. His commitment to going regularly to the gym is an example of that. Bet he didn't do that before he lost that weight...and notice how he continues to do that AFTER he had lost that weight. I'm sure a forensic look at his life would uncover other fundamental lifestyle changes that he has under gone...he is not doing the same things as you are...don't fool yourself into thinking that.

It is nice that your husband has had success, it is cool that the Diabetes Association did a story on him. I've had some success too, I've had a newspaper story done too (and a TV story as well)...but none of that really matters. What matters is that we continue to live healthy lifestyles.
As for yourself...you can't live by someone else's success...mine or your husband's...you have to find the right mind set first and then find the changes to build your own healthy lifestyle that works for you or you will be doomed to the endless cycle of boom or bust.

Kim
Blitz

Postby Cackleberry » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:52 pm

You say that you have followed a 1300-1500 calorie plan before, lost 10kg and that it worked. But you are wrong...it DIDN'T WORK. The experts measure success as reaching your goal weight and keeping it off for a year or more.

I suspected you were going to say that. I have tried doing it the way you have as well. I lost 8kg and regained it. I was eating healthy, exercising, had the right mindset for a changed lifestyle but didn't stay off in that situation either.

I wish you were following the Diabetes Association recommendation by making small changes. I've seen little evidence of it here. Indeed you seem to be making an effort to not to be making any changes at all.

I don't mean to be rude, but how do you know what I ate before and how do I know if i've made the changes or not?? I didn't post a food diary before I began making the changes I have.
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby Blitz » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:30 pm

Then may I suggest that perhaps the mind set wasn't right. Don't confuse determination (some call it will power) with a real willingness for lifestyle changes. One of my bug bears is when people say to me that I must have had tremendous will power to lose the weight that I did. They couldn't be more wrong...and worse...that statement lets them of the hook. By allowing me super human will power that means that success can still be beyond their reach and they don't have to deal with the necessity of real change.

When I talk about getting the right mind set I'm talking about changing your character. Who you are fundamentally...basically the you that you are when no one is looking. So you can understand why this sort of change is scary and difficult for most people. This sort of change can turn your whole world upside down. Most people aren't willing to pay the price for such a change to occur in their lives.

You are right I don't know what you were eating before (I dread to think!)...but my observations are based on what you report that you are eating now. There seems to be a complete unwillingness to healthy suggests made that I'm sure that the Diabetes Association would concur with too.
These suggestions are made to help you unfortunately you seem to be bent on going it alone...re-inventing the wheel can be a lonely experience. :cry:

Kim
Blitz

Previous

Return to Just Chatting