It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:05 pm

Free Newsletter

Best thing thats helped you lose weight?

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Best thing thats helped you lose weight?

Postby Blitz » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:44 am

The game I played with those stories was to see how many lost less or more than I had!...towards the end of my journey I was constantly the winner. Indeed when I saw that I had lost far more than their Weightwatcher of the year and saw their prizes - I kicked myself that I hadn't signed up - it could have been me! :lol:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby CronicBadger » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:29 pm

Aside from the AWL forum, I'd say simply getting outside and walking around the various walking tracks. I've now seen a lot of Newcastle and Lake Macquarie that I'd never have known existed otherwise, thanks to just heading out and hitting the pavement. It has helped me socially, helped my fitness levels, kept me away from the cupboard and fridge.

Another benefit is that the people I walk with benefit too - from the walking of course, but also knowing by the encouragement they get when they see how I lost so much weight. If I ever ballooned out again I think there would be quite a few people disappointed in me. I can't let that happen.
CronicBadger

Postby hanney882 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:40 pm

tinkerbella wrote:my daughter and I did zumba when she was here and I think I just pissed everybody off because I was so out of time,all I did was laugh,i totally enjoyed it but I couldn't stop laughing...
im so not good at anything like that,we even went and did another dance class I totally enjoy myself but I cant stop laughing,im better off too walk the beach as I cant get that wrong....

when summer gets here I know I will get back into my beach walking I cant wait for that..

Actually, I'm a bad dancer but I really enjoyed Zumba, I burned lots of calories and it tone and sculpt my body. I also do it alone because I can't help but laugh because I'm too late to beats and dance.
hanney882

Postby DD Diva » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:35 am

hanney882 wrote:
tinkerbella wrote:my daughter and I did zumba when she was here and I think I just pissed everybody off because I was so out of time,all I did was laugh,i totally enjoyed it but I couldn't stop laughing...
im so not good at anything like that,we even went and did another dance class I totally enjoy myself but I cant stop laughing,im better off too walk the beach as I cant get that wrong....

when summer gets here I know I will get back into my beach walking I cant wait for that..

Actually, I'm a bad dancer but I really enjoyed Zumba, I burned lots of calories and it tone and sculpt my body. I also do it alone because I can't help but laugh because I'm too late to beats and dance.

Well I did my first Zumba class last night, and I was like you both, I was always at least a step behind AND I couldn't stop laughing (mostly at myself)!!! :lol:
The class was an hour long, and I sweated ten times more than I would have in half the time on the treadmill and exercise bike combined!!
But I thoroughly enjoyed it, and will definitely be attending the class each week!!! I'm hooked, it's the most fun I've had with exercising in ages!!! :wink:
(Though I have to admit this morning, EVERY muscle in my body hurts)! :shock: Thank goodness it's my day off from work today; I'd have been walking around like an invalid!! :oops:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:25 am

DD Diva wrote:Well I did my first Zumba class last night, and I was like you both, I was always at least a step behind AND I couldn't stop laughing (mostly at myself)!!! :lol:
The class was an hour long, and I sweated ten times more than I would have in half the time on the treadmill and exercise bike combined!!
But I thoroughly enjoyed it, and will definitely be attending the class each week!!! I'm hooked, it's the most fun I've had with exercising in ages!!! :wink:
(Though I have to admit this morning, EVERY muscle in my body hurts)! :shock: Thank goodness it's my day off from work today; I'd have been walking around like an invalid!! :oops:

The things we do to ourselves in the name of weight loss! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hobble with pride Josie - hobble with pride! :lol: :wink:

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:31 am

Blitz wrote:The things we do to ourselves in the name of weight loss! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hobble with pride Josie - hobble with pride! :lol: :wink:

Kim

Trust me Kim, I'm definitely hobbling!!! :oops: But I'm doing it with my back straight and head held high!!! :wink: If I wasn't so pleased with myself, reckon I'd curled up on the couch today wallowing in self pity (with my poor aching joints)!!! :cry:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:39 am

All for the greater good Josie!

You've done well and deserve praise for trying something new and challenging. 8)
Just think...a year or so ago you would never imaged yourself doing a class like that - let alone actually enjoying it! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:48 am

Blitz wrote:All for the greater good Josie!

You've done well and deserve praise for trying something new and challenging. 8)
Just think...a year or so ago you would never imaged yourself doing a class like that - let alone actually enjoying it! :D

Kim

Thanks Kim,

Yeah I think the laughing was a combination of several facts:

1. that I was (at least) 2 steps behind everyone else
2. glancing in the mirror, I saw how un-coordinated my movements looked
3. how un-coordinated the movements of others looked (relief that I wasn't alone)!
4. remembering how much of an effort it was to get from the couch to the fridge (just a few metres away)

I was going to go back to the gym today, but I just can't; I HURT way too much.
But I will definitely go back tomorrow evening, as there's another (similar to Zumba) style dance class that I can torture myself with!!! :wink: :lol:
And for the warm up, I'll do a workout on the treadmill, cycle and free weights to kick off the dance session!!! :shock:
DD Diva

Previous

Return to Just Chatting