It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:56 pm

Free Newsletter

Struggling...

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Struggling...

Postby tinkerbella » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:31 pm

I better not put any photos on here with her in her uniform but boy did she make a fine looking soldier,
she took me too the side and told me I looked really good,growing up I never wanted the kids too feel or know anything about weight lose or my struggles with weight on weight off weight on then off again,i never stopped them from eating anything in saying that we didn't have junk around the place and they got basically 3 meals and healthy meals there were never a lot of extras so the kids are all perfect..

anyways heres my daughter and I from the 4days away..
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Cackleberry » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:19 pm

ive been sitting out the back with Shane in the sun I think im very tired as I didn't sleep last night and I drove part of the way home with extreme weather,i think ive just had a big weekend..Shanes been so good and loving and has been saying too me when ever I want too get on a plane and go visit her I can,which I knew anyways..Also Courtney gets six weeks off at Christmas and I know all this,im just being a mum with a daughter that I love...I cant tell her how much ive cried as the only thing that upsets Courtney is when her family is upset...So I have too keep it too myself that's why this forum is great too be able too let out my feelings...

What a lovely hubby you have. I remember when my son, aged 13/14 at the time went to Noumea, New Calodonia with his french class. He was gone for a week and it was horrible. Missed him so so much. We were able to call him but each time I called the hotel, I had just missed him :( I managed to catch him once during that week which was nice. Being a typical teenager though, he never wanted to stay and chat for long lol.

I better not put any photos on here with her in her uniform but boy did she make a fine looking soldier,
she took me too the side and told me I looked really good,growing up I never wanted the kids too feel or know anything about weight lose or my struggles with weight on weight off weight on then off again,i never stopped them from eating anything in saying that we didn't have junk around the place and they got basically 3 meals and healthy meals there were never a lot of extras so the kids are all perfect..

That is so nice of her to pull you aside and tell you how great you were looking. Must have made it all worth it :) Even though, like you, I try not to mention anything about calories or weight loss etc around the kids. My third son, almost turning 12 has a bit of a pot belly which he is self conscious of at times, but we always tell him that he will go through a growth spurt soon and it will disappear again, which it does regularly. A bit of puppy fat never hurt anyone growing up. He does love his food, but he is a growing boy! I did have my daughter come up to me while I was doing my 7 minute workout the other week saying 'I need to lose weight so i'll do it with you'. :shock: I thought 'wtf'?? She is only 8 years old and in NO way fat at all. She is a string bean. I told her I was just doing it to keep fit, it had nothing to do with losing weight. So she then changed it by saying 'i'll do it with you to keep fit too'. We really have to watch what we say and do around them :?

Your daughter looked beautiful in all her photos, definitely a proud mumma moment for you.
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
Short Term GW 69kg (10kg loss)
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby tinkerbella » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:27 pm

My husband is very special and sometimes you need too remember how close you are we can tend too forget how lucky we really are..

My first son looked like the michelian man,now hes over 6 foot and a fine looking man,you son will grow out of it im sure,if hes doing everything right with eating and fitness im sure he will b fine..
our youngest as u will see in photos is 6 2 ish and a string bean ...lol
and Courtneys just perfect and like you I always tried too keep diet talk away from the family,but they would see me over the years cut back on food intake and see me walking more,but like you we are a family family and we would all head out for a walk weather it b the streets or the beach..

theres enough time to be adults without them having too worry at young ages...I so hate what the girls more so see these days its so upsetting with what they see and what they think they should look like,,its hard enough for us in our 30s 40s and 50s let alone being an 8 year old girl..

I believe the most important thing the kids need is love..
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:55 am

Two fine looking chickie babes in that photo there Natasha! 8)

Get over it Mum...your little baby is in the army now! :shock: :lol: :wink:
I'm sure she will miss you too...but she is young and right now life is an exciting adventure for her.
Good to hear that you will be able to catch up with her over Christmas. That time can be a real focus to drive you towards weight goal now...keep imagining what her face will look like when she catches the new slim version of you! Cool or what? 8)

Calling the scales a "lie detector" is very insightful. It is the honesty broker in our lives...no getting away from the facts there! Just remember that just like a lie detector is no good at catching out one lie on its own so too with scales...a set of numbers tells the whole story better than just one lone number. Weigh yourself tomorrow but understand that number is just part of Natasha's story - not the whole of it. :)

Looking forward to your continuing success...and I'll be there...cheering, supporting and cajoling you along! :)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:22 am

I love the lie detector most days but some days I might want too kick him...lol
but im always 100% honest whether it be good or bad the numbers never lie...

feeling a lot better after a good sleep,i hit the pillow and I was out like a light...

positivity not negativity im back on track and focus is my friend...

no more feeling down its all up up up.....

thanks guys lets get this party started..
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:33 pm

tinkerbella wrote:focus is my friend...

Oh I do like that mantra! 8)
Go for it Natasha!

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg