It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:16 am

Free Newsletter

Night tooooooo Day !!!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Night tooooooo Day !!!

Postby tinkerbella » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:42 pm

how much does your weight fluctuate from night to morning??
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Re: Night tooooooo Day !!!

Postby Blitz » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:52 am

Very much depends on how well and long you have slept.
For me if I've only slept an hour or two I may only have lost 0.2kg but a really good nights sleep I usually find that I can lose between 0.7kg to 1.0kg worth.
Also remember this weight loss is reflecting what your metabolism is like with your body at rest. For different people it is different rates. It also doesn't reflect what the metabolism is like when not at rest.
Best not to get too hung up on night losses...that area is too much out of our control - let it be.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Tams » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:34 pm

Lol! Well, you can see all of mine - I record both PM and AM weights. For some people, it will be affected by certain medical conditions (which is why I track it).
Tams

Postby tinkerbella » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:19 pm

Tams wrote:Lol! Well, you can see all of mine - I record both PM and AM weights. For some people, it will be affected by certain medical conditions (which is why I track it).

yes Tams,its very interesting seeing your night and day,weights...
you are doing a very good job,keep up the good work...:-)

keep posting as I find it very interesting too see everybodys views.its sort of like you get little bits out of everybodys journey,and im happy too learn alittle from all different ways to work out what works for me..
once again thanks for your input.
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby DD Diva » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:57 pm

tinkerbella wrote:
Tams wrote:Lol! Well, you can see all of mine - I record both PM and AM weights. For some people, it will be affected by certain medical conditions (which is why I track it).

yes Tams,its very interesting seeing your night and day,weights...
you are doing a very good job,keep up the good work...:-)

keep posting as I find it very interesting too see everybodys views.its sort of like you get little bits out of everybodys journey,and im happy too learn alittle from all different ways to work out what works for me..
once again thanks for your input.

Yes Tams, your views are just as valuable as those of anyone else here, the only thing I found objectionable (not necessarily offensive) was the inference about counting calories as an obsession.
Just as I don't see people who weigh themselves more than once, do I see a problem with that behaviour.
On the other hand.........
People who take delight in having a "dig" do so merely because the passive aggressive nature is something they cannot control, but thankfully maturity (when/if) it comes into play, they grow out of it!!! :roll: Then again, maybe not!!! :oops:
DD Diva

Postby Tams » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:03 pm

Thanks guys.

the only thing I found objectionable (not necessarily offensive) was the inference about counting calories as an obsession.

Glad it wasn't offensive DDiva. I'm also NOT inferring calorie counting as an obsession (just to be clear :)). I'm saying that for the people inclined toward obsessiveness or control, this can just be another avenue for it. I know I have a small dose of the control tendency in my nature -it's not a bad thing, but it can be a thing that predisposes you toward certain unhealthful behaviours/thinking. And with awareness of this, I can choose more helpful strategies/methodologies/activities in whatever arena. (Just recently I have started some medical treatment that works with/on this aspect of my nature, and I'm finding it really interesting!)
Tams

Postby Blitz » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:22 am

I personally admire anyone who has the discipline to count calories (or points) or manages to keep a food diary (my food diary lasted an extensive 3 days! :shock: :lol: )...the only thing I've managed to do obsessively was record my weight each morning. :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:04 am

Tams wrote:Thanks guys.

the only thing I found objectionable (not necessarily offensive) was the inference about counting calories as an obsession.

Glad it wasn't offensive DDiva. I'm also NOT inferring calorie counting as an obsession (just to be clear :)). I'm saying that for the people inclined toward obsessiveness or control, this can just be another avenue for it. I know I have a small dose of the control tendency in my nature -it's not a bad thing, but it can be a thing that predisposes you toward certain unhealthful behaviours/thinking. And with awareness of this, I can choose more helpful strategies/methodologies/activities in whatever arena. (Just recently I have started some medical treatment that works with/on this aspect of my nature, and I'm finding it really interesting!)

I'm glad YOU had the maturity (and intelligence; it's minimal in some around here :lol: ) to understand my post Tams! :D I was by no means shooting you down, I was slightly taken aback but I wasn't offended, though I was concerned that I may have reciprocated the inference of disrespect in my follow up post to you!!
I see your new strategy/methodology/activity is of a psychological/behavioural nature; ie. delving into the reasons for why you do (or for the sake of this forum) eat a certain way???
Sound very interesting (hence the book you're reading???) You have sparked my curiosity Tams, I am a psychology (double major) graduate from way back :roll: so understanding human behaviour (especially brain function) I'm somewhat quick to identify infantile players of "mind games" like trying to play posters against each other by getting them to "follow" the childish leader!!! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: You'd do well to not get embroiled in that Tams, seems to me you're maturity is eons beyond that sad level!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Tams » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:44 pm

I think psychology is interesting too! It seems the older we get, the more we can 'see'. (And it's good to be able to 'see' without getting stuck in an emotional reaction!)

I'm not actually reading a book, but seeing a psychologist - a good one, because from an initial encounter with a psychologist decades ago, I would never have gone near one again! But this one is very human and very, very knowledgable, and very applied. I have homework every day, and it is bringing new insights to many areas of my life (some of them dietary),and the brain-body connection. The primary focus is to help a medical condition though...it just so happens that certain personality types are more represented in this illness than others, hence the 'new' branch of medicine that goes down the psychological path.

Again, glad I didn't offend (or say anything objectionable once explained!)
Tams

Postby DD Diva » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:58 pm

Tams wrote:I think psychology is interesting too! It seems the older we get, the more we can 'see'. (And it's good to be able to 'see' without getting stuck in an emotional reaction!)

I'm not actually reading a book, but seeing a psychologist - a good one, because from an initial encounter with a psychologist decades ago, I would never have gone near one again! But this one is very human and very, very knowledgable, and very applied. I have homework every day, and it is bringing new insights to many areas of my life (some of them dietary),and the brain-body connection. The primary focus is to help a medical condition though...it just so happens that certain personality types are more represented in this illness than others, hence the 'new' branch of medicine that goes down the psychological path.

Again, glad I didn't offend (or say anything objectionable once explained!)

So you're seeing a psychologist to treat a medical condition, related to your weight or is (any weight gain) a side effect of the emotional state of play???

BTW....you've explained yourself with impeccable style!! Thank you. :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:25 pm

DD Diva wrote:I'm somewhat quick to identify infantile players of "mind games" like trying to play posters against each other by getting them to "follow" the childish leader!!!

Darn!...I've been caught out! :shock: ...and here I was thinking that I was doing it all so subtly! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

I have a personal theory about psychologists which I've held for years...I think they get into this field not so much to help other people figure themselves but to figure their own selves out! :lol: :wink:

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:56 am

Blitz wrote:
DD Diva wrote:I'm somewhat quick to identify infantile players of "mind games" like trying to play posters against each other by getting them to "follow" the childish leader!!!

Darn!...I've been caught out! :shock: ...and here I was thinking that I was doing it all so subtly! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

I have a personal theory about psychologists which I've held for years...I think they get into this field not so much to help other people figure themselves but to figure their own selves out! :lol: :wink:

Kim

our old next door neighbour use too say too my husband and I
but im thinking the question was more so too Shane but too give me a
laugh,
if you ever figure them out (woman)
let me know....

it amazes me how everybody is different,yet we are all the same.. :D .
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Tams » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:19 pm

Lol Blitz, I do share somewhat of that sentiment!

But I am learning, as in everything, that there are a few good ones...
Tams

Postby Tams » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:34 pm

Oh, and no, my visits with the psychologist aren't related to weight directly or as a side-effect.

But I have a theory after these couple of visits, that some interesting ramifications may be revealed for how I eat - becasue how we eat is so entwined with our emotions, and our emotions so very much directed by events and our personality type. It's going to be interesting long-term, as a side-note to the main health focus.

The thing I have so far 'discovered' is related to relaxation. Earlier, in my 'personal progress', I made note of how I'd noticed my need to relax had become linked to eating naughty 'foods' (junk really). Of course I hadn't found a way to move forward with this observation. BUT...the very first session I had with the psychologist was focussed on me being ABLE to relax. So I have been given some more tools on how to calm and relax my mind and body. It is yet to be revealed as to whether a new ability to relax will circumvent (even a little) the junk cravings!
Tams

Postby DD Diva » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:52 pm

Tams wrote:Oh, and no, my visits with the psychologist aren't related to weight directly or as a side-effect.

But I have a theory after these couple of visits, that some interesting ramifications may be revealed for how I eat - becasue how we eat is so entwined with our emotions, and our emotions so very much directed by events and our personality type. It's going to be interesting long-term, as a side-note to the main health focus.

The thing I have so far 'discovered' is related to relaxation. Earlier, in my 'personal progress', I made note of how I'd noticed my need to relax had become linked to eating naughty 'foods' (junk really). Of course I hadn't found a way to move forward with this observation. BUT...the very first session I had with the psychologist was focussed on me being ABLE to relax. So I have been given some more tools on how to calm and relax my mind and body. It is yet to be revealed as to whether a new ability to relax will circumvent (even a little) the junk cravings!

Hey Tams,
The relaxation you're referring to, is that through meditation, either in a group session or learning to meditate on your own??? Or is your homework from the psychologist, set techniques to use to get you into a meditative state (of relaxation)???
Either way, there is a great deal of benefit in "meditating" as it relaxes the mind, body and spirit, and even if you end up (like myself at times) :roll: fall asleep, leaves you feeling refreshed and re-energized!!! :D
DD Diva

Next

Return to Just Chatting