It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:42 pm

Free Newsletter

Diva-licious!!! ;p

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Diva-licious!!! ;p

Postby DD Diva » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:52 pm

How's that for a title???!!!! :wink: :D

Figured I needed a thread to post my progress and as my old one was really not indicative of my character, I need something that reflects my wilder side!!! :shock: 8) So I opted for a little spicy rather than sickly sugary, or worse that sound like you need to take a pee!!!! :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Re: Diva-licious!!! ;p

Postby Blitz » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:06 am

So...that begs the question - in what ways is the "old" you different from the "new" you? :)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:46 am

Blitz wrote:So...that begs the question - in what ways is the "old" you different from the "new" you? :)

Kim

For starters, a lot lighter, a lot more confident...

[Moderated]
Last edited by CronicBadger on Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: It's nicer without the other words, and flows better while still inferring "assertiveness".
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:34 am

OMG....my boss just sent me a text to say that he won't be in today, and wants ME to take our international visitors to dinner this evening (at the company's expense of course)!!! :D Geez, and I had my day's menu all planned, but will now have to tweak it to take into account that I'm going to be dining in style tonight!!! So excited, I love dressing up to the 9s these days; I've got a killer black dress which will work perfectly in this place!!! :wink: I try and behave..... :mrgreen:
http://www.regentclub.com.au/about_regentclub.php
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:40 pm

Well dinner (which didn’t get served up till 9.30pm) was very nice but I was green by the time it finally arrived. :mrgreen:
And on the note of colour, I was also a deep shade of red (with embarrassment) :oops: [Moderated] after I’d made the mistake of using this forum as a reference point of discussion with my dinner guests!!! :shock: I wouldn’t have bothered except (after showing them photos of our new lab, which is why I had the work iPad with me in the first place) :roll: the topic turned to forums/social networks and their correlation to long term weight loss and maintenance.
Needless to say the evening’s discussion about their research was very entertaining, but sadly the display in here (which albeit equally as revealing) was far from entertaining!!! :shock: :oops: :roll:
Last edited by CronicBadger on Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal reference deleted.
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:10 pm

You should have steered them to the more loftier heights of this Forum (like the Before and After Photos) than the lower cesspools of the hustle and bustle of daily Forum life! More of the case of "never mind the quality...feel the width!" :shock: :lol:

I hope the evening dinner was very rewarding to you personally and professional.

Hey Josie - walk us through your food management for the evening. When I go out I like to have plenty of warning before hands so as to come to the table pre-pared so to speak. This was something that was sprung on you at the last minute...what was your approach and management of the whole situation? Love to know! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:50 pm

Blitz wrote:You should have steered them to the more loftier heights of this Forum (like the Before and After Photos) than the lower cesspools of the hustle and bustle of daily Forum life! More of the case of "never mind the quality...feel the width!" :shock: :lol:

I hope the evening dinner was very rewarding to you personally and professional.

Hey Josie - walk us through your food management for the evening. When I go out I like to have plenty of warning before hands so as to come to the table pre-pared so to speak. This was something that was sprung on you at the last minute...what was your approach and management of the whole situation? Love to know! 8)

Kim

[Moderated]

Getting back to the food management....,

Strangely enough because these guys couldn't decide what to have, preferring to drink and look at photos and talk about each one at painstaking length :roll: it was late in the evening when we got to eat!!! :shock: In fact, I actually (only for a brief moment) forgot about being hungry!! :lol: :lol:

I was not pleased to be eating so late but I was nevertheless happy with what I ordered which was a delicious salmon dish!!! :)
Last edited by CronicBadger on Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: My Moderator's Baton makes the bad words go away.
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:56 pm

My apologies, both posts have been edited.

Feel free to do likewise to the above if moderators deem it necessary. :D
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:20 am

Woo hoo....I'm (surprisingly) over-the-moon at yet another good loss this week, even with having eaten so late on Friday night!!! :shock: I really don't like to eat beyond a certain time (ie. 7pm) food sits heavier and losses overnight tend to me small (generally) but it seems not this time.

I had a 1.1kg loss for the week leaving just 1kg left to meet my minimum 6kg loss I set for myself for this challenge!!! :wink:

Just goes to show, I don't back away (from a good challenge) easy!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:14 am

The Badger has been busy and edited those posts (and a few others)...unlike that slack Blitz character. We like not to interfere with people's posts too much...guess that is why we are called moderators...we like to be moderate in our actions! :lol:

But seriously...it is always good policy if people remember that another human being is at the other end of our posts. If you would be ashamed of saying something similar to your saintly grandmother (assuming that you like her) - then perhaps you should reconsider what you write before hitting the submit button. I know for me when I've been at that place and slightly hesitated and yet pressed the submit button...I've often regretted that I hadn't followed a more prudent path.

But on to better things!...1.1kg loss! Wow - great job...and you did it with a late night restaurant meal! Champion stuff or what? :!: 8)
Doing your weight loss with real style there lady! Excellent! :D :D :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:57 am

Thanks Kim,
You may find this strange (not sure) but I guess if anyone would know it would be you. But I still find it difficult to comprehend, or even accept people referring to me as "looking awesome" or (as an old friend I bumped into after not seeing her for over 12 months) "tiny" especially as I feel that I have such a long way to travel still??!!! :oops:
Did you find that???
I am closer to goal, yes BUT.....there is still kilos to go!! :roll:
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:55 am

Sorry, I meant to add (seems I'm having to add part 2 to a few posts this morning; brain still half asleep) :roll: :lol:

Even my GP who I visited a few weeks ago for a routine check up is saying I should only need to lose another 6-7 but definitely 10kg more MAX!!! But me, I'm thinking NO WAY!!! :o
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:32 am

That's why when people complimented me during the journey that I also clearly not only told them what I had lost - but in the same breath let them know just how much more I still had to go. That way the good fed back didn't lead me to complacency.

I love bumping into people who haven't seen me since I've lost my weight...really enjoy the slow recognition (sometimes they just fail to recognise me at all!) and then watching their jaws drop when the penny falls! :lol:

I had a similar experience with my GP. What are they teaching these guys about weight loss? They just don't seem to be on the right page. :roll:

Before I started losing weight I did the right thing and got myself checked out by my doctor. After all - you don't want to start losing weight only to drop dead exercising from an undetected heart problem.

Got my asthma prevention medication sorted out. Asked about getting my belly hernia mixed (figured if it was repaired then exercise would be more possible)...was told that I need to lose weight for the operation. So the hernia became just one more reason to lose weight and that I would have to lose weight by working around the hernia. Had a whole lot of tests done just to make sure that the old body was up to the task to lose weight. All the tests came back as passable (I was super obese after all). I was very surprised that it showed a pass for diabetes - I was sure that I had crossed that line...but apparently not yet! My doctor knew I was doing all this in order to prepare to lose weight.

Six months down the track I visit my doctor again. I had lost over 50 kilos then and figured that I better make sure that my body was holding up okay. She eyes me carefully and says "I can see that you have lost a lot of weight...is this on purpose or are you sick?" :shock:
Well I tell that it was all very deliberate. She asks me what my secret was - I answer; no secret - just eat healthier, eat proper portion sizes and exercise like a mad fool! She asks me how much I weigh...and when I tell her she says that is enough and that I don't have to lose any more!
I couldn't believe my ears! I was obviously still obese...I didn't have the heart to tell her that according to all the health/height charts around I had at least 35kg - 40kg to lose. Where was that medical training she was suppose to have?

At the time she was overweight...maybe my weight loss was to confronting for her on a personal level. Interestingly, shortly after I succeed to lose all the weight I needed to lose - my doctor started to lose weight too. She is quite trim these days with great new energy levels (she use to be slow moving but now she bounces around her practice). Maybe I inspired her! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:49 pm

I'm not sure what it is that's going on for me at the moment, you'd think that with a new (or at least better) body, and with a lot more confidence EVERYTHING would be better??? But surprise surprise, I'm finding it's not!!! :oops: Now don't get me wrong, health-wise, I have lots of energy and I can run up stairs, unlike previous times when after a few steps I'd be red faced, and huffing and puffing and literally fearful that I was about to meet my maker!!! :shock:

But things have really changed!!! And it's not just me!!! Or is it????????

Take for example the other day, it was sooooooooooo special!!! I was treated like royalty and spoilt with flowers, picked up in a limo to be driven to a very opulent restaurant and although I should have accepted it for what it was in the back of my mind I kept wondering "I bet if I was still 126kg or (at my heaviest) 136kg" I would never have been asked to step in; my boss probably would have asked someone else!!! But since losing so much weight, I've noticed people's attitudes have changed almost as much as I've lost in weight (abundance!!!).

It's a huge adjustment, and even things like posing for photos (which I've always shied away from in previous year) hasn't altered. I may be more confident, and not afraid of how I'll look in them, but I'm finding my newfound "attention" a little scary!!! :oops: It's been such a long time since I was a normal weight, and I'm not there YET but even getting to this point, I've seen people treat me like I'm someone that finally should be included in events, or asked to join in, etc....

Losing weight isn't easy, but coming to terms with how people behave when they see how much you've changed, is unsettling.

Do others feel like that too??? KIm??? Marc??? :?
DD Diva

Postby CronicBadger » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:47 pm

Losing weight isn't easy, but coming to terms with how people behave when they see how much you've changed, is unsettling.

Yes, I noticed that too. Attention from women who would have otherwise ignored me, and (even more noticeable) the simple act of people automatically including me in activities.

I think it is that when you're fat you withdraw from activities due to shyness and unfitness, and people learn to just quietly discount you from their plans, partly because you're slow and not much fun, but also because of the lower social value (sounds harsh, but I think it's true).

But when they see the new thin and healthy person they automatically think "Oh, yes, he can do that and keep up with us", and you become available for the activity, be it helping at a sporting event, going out on the town, and any number of other social activities.

I never got upset about it though. Just accepted it as a fact of life.
CronicBadger

Next

Return to Just Chatting