It is currently Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:40 pm

Free Newsletter

Diva-licious!!! ;p

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Diva-licious!!! ;p

Postby DD Diva » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:02 am

Blitz wrote:66.7kg is a special number for me.
That was my goal weight target number for me.
I ended up overshooting it by one gram (66.6kg). 8)

Congratulations on hitting (and exceeding) your these targets along the way to victory! :D

May the new year bring greater success!

Kim

Thanks Kim,
Yes I remember that, because your goal weight is my total loss figure!! :lol:
May I say also, that your support and encouragement throughout 2014 (since joining) has been instrumental Kim, and I'm grateful for your kind words and (above all) your unwavering patience; you've been AWESOME!!! :wink:
May 2015 bring you (and yours) a wonderful year filled with love, laughter, good health, and that is it truly MAGICAL for you!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:27 am

DD Diva wrote:.
May 2015 bring you (and yours) a wonderful year filled with love, laughter, good health, and that is it truly MAGICAL for you!!! :wink:

Every year is magical for me - it has to - it's my job! :lol:
But seriously, since losing the weight life has indeed been very wonderful as well as magical.
I truly believe that if I hadn't lost all that weight I wouldn't have been around now...so each year is a real gift and one I don't take for granted.

It is hard to believe that on this day in the year 2011, I started on this remarkable journey.
I stood on the scales and gulped at the 153.7kg it showed and figured out that I needed to lighten the load by 87kg (it seemed a large number...but in my ignorance I hadn't even considered that I was embarking on losing more than half what I weighed! :shock: ).
It is incredible to think that in just 60 weeks I achieved success and changed my life dramatically.

I've been in the shoes of the fat person and know the benefits of losing the weight and wish for the same success for others.
I gladly hang out at this Forum and cheer you all on...I know the race...and the battles but more importantly I know that there is a better future waiting for each one of you who dare to believe and change! 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Blitz » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:48 am

Hey Josie...here is my first post to you...and now you are going on another cruise. :lol:
I hope this cruise works out better than that one...you had to put in a few hard yards to get back some ground and into double digits again. :wink:

Hi Diva

Good work getting into two digits! 8)

This forum is a great aid in helping you become accountable (mostly to yourself) and a good place to find help and encouragement. :D

The good thing about events like the cruise is that it reminds us in very strong terms just how unforgiving our bodies are about "blowouts". Every chance it gets that body wants to return to it's former "glory"! :shock: Remember all that hard work you did just to take back that ground you gave up and use it to keep you "on the straight and narrow".

Wishing you a better future and great success.
Kim

Enjoy your cruise and come back with your head held high and your girth just as skinny (if not more so)!
Bon voyage! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:37 am

Wow!!! Thanks for that Kim, a priceless reminder!! :D I checked my weekly weight chart (which btw I've kept since 1/1/2005) and that particular weekend cruise alone cost me a 2.5kg gain, so if I were to "relax" the same this time, I shudder to think how much this 8 day cruise would cost me??!! :shock:

I haven't ever used the gym whilst on a cruise, or on any holiday for that matter, so this will really be a "first" for me; and I'm hopeful that by doing so it will help to keep any possible gain well enough at bay (pardon the pun!!). Anyhow let's see how things pan out....

So far my numbers look like this:
New Years Day - Thursday 1/1/15 = 66.7 kg
Pre-cruise Day - Friday 2/1/15 = 66.0 kg
Post-cruise - ??? :?:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:14 am

6 kilos to go...to reach goal! 8)

Wow - keeping a weekly weight chart since 1/1/2005...bet those numbers tell a story and a half. And there I was thinking my daily weight recording since 1/1/2011 was something! :lol:

Keep it moderate and keep your weight on track so that you can reach goal pronto! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:06 am

Blitz wrote:6 kilos to go...to reach goal! 8)

Ahhhhh so close, but alas.....holidays has widened this gap to goal!!! :cry:

I'm still here, and though not happy with myself I haven't been staying away because of it (just been really really busy since our return last week from the cruise). This has included working out even harder to undo some of the cruise damage!!

Anyway, tomorrow is my official weigh in day and I will post some interesting figures which (although a loss from my return figure) sadly won't be anywhere near 6 kgs from goal!!! :oops:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:50 am

Feared that it would be so. :(
Many a mere mortal has been undone by the temptations of a cruise smorgasbord! :shock:

Oh well...had the cruise - now it's time to pay the costs...time to work your butt off and regain the territory so that you can continue on your way to the finishing line.

Looking forward to your weigh in and get a sense of where things are.

Now forwards to victory! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:01 am

Blitz wrote:Feared that it would be so. :(
Many a mere mortal has been undone by the temptations of a cruise smorgasbord! :shock:

Oh well...had the cruise - now it's time to pay the costs...time to work your butt off and regain the territory so that you can continue on your way to the finishing line.

Looking forward to your weigh in and get a sense of where things are.

Now forwards to victory! 8)

Kim

Yes, and this mere mortal (even though frequented the ship's gym daily, often 2-3 times per day) still made to many trips to the buffet and indulged in wayyyyyyyyy too many temptations especially from the sweets counter!!! :oops:

Anyway, as promised here's how my holidays looked (warning: it ain't pretty) :shock:

Friday (pre cruise): 66.0kg
Saturday (post cruise): 74.9kg :shock:
Sunday (weigh in day): 74.6kg :oops: hmmm...ok a good start with 300g down already but still a longggggg way back to 66kg!!! :(
Sunday (today's weigh in): 68.6kg :roll: A good loss for the week, but still 2.6kg of cruising to undo!!!

This cruise/holiday WAS definitely different, I went to the gym EVERY and SEVERAL times a day, and walked around the ships deck in between too!! So I shudder to think how bad it could have been had I not done that!! :shock:

The one thing I have learnt from this, as well as my last holiday........I CAN have ONE day of excess and survive, but anything beyond a day, and the body goes into overdrive and holds onto every (naughty) morsel of food!!!

Well enough belly-aching, time to move onward and downward.......I have a 66kg target to reach and surpass, and (by goodness) I'm gonna make it!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:55 am

"tell the truth and shame the Devil" - Shakespeare
Good to see this level of accountability at this time. 8)

I tell people all the time that if I don't watch myself that I can put on a kilo or more a day real easily. They think I'm exaggerating but your cruise results illustrate that point in spades. Our bodies are desperate to reset themselves back to "normal settings" (in reality - morbidly obese) that given any quarter it will seize the opportunity to put as much weight it can back on as quickly as it can. That is why there are no holidays in weight loss. :(

Can you imagine what the result would be if you hadn't exercised? :shock:
You have done very well to have knocked off 6.3kg of the blow out so fast. :)
The good thing about this sort of weight gain is that if you lasso it quickly enough then it is relatively easier to lose it again compared to your regular weight losses. This fat isn't as entrenched as your regular fat so it is more readily able to be converted into energy.

Now work like a demon and shift that other 2.6kg so that you can continue to move into new lower numbers - and ultimate victory! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:25 pm

Blitz wrote: Now work like a demon and shift that other 2.6kg so that you can continue to move into new lower numbers - and ultimate victory! 8)

You have no idea how much!!! :lol: :lol:
I'm at the gym and refuse to leave until I'm saturated almost from head to toe!!! eeeeewwwwww
6.3 down, 2.6 to go.....and there'll be no rest until it's gone.....with interest!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Tams » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:24 pm

YAY!! You're back!! Hope you had a really refreshing holiday none-the-less.

I need you around to 'feed' off your determination!!
Tams

Postby DD Diva » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:50 am

Tams wrote:I need you around to 'feed' off your determination!!

You kidding me??? :roll:

Your determination to exercise in the face of (your) real physical challenges far surpasses even my best efforts!!! It is I who is both in awe and inspired by YOU Tams!!! Thank you xx :D

p.s. Yes thank you, I had a lovely time (indulging in way too many treats that sadly I must now pay for)!! :cry:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:54 am

Tams wrote:I need you around to 'feed' off your determination!!

If you go to Josie's gym you'll be able to see that determination just dripping off her! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good to hear that you are working it real hard Josie...keep going girl and grind it down! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:57 am

Blitz wrote:If you go to Josie's gym you'll be able to see that determination just dripping off her! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And it ain't a pretty sight!!!
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (12.15 KiB) Viewed 2058 times
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:59 am

Down 600g so far, 2kg exactly to go (to pre-cruise weight of 66kg) Sunday's weigh in will be interesting, I'm hoping for the 2.6kg but I'll take anything I can get right now!!! :wink:
DD Diva

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting