It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:24 am

Free Newsletter

Diva-licious!!! ;p

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Diva-licious!!! ;p

Postby tinkerbella » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:14 pm

You are a stronger person than me,i would have got very upset...It shouldn't b a fact of life,it shouldn't matter what size you are..
I never noticed anything like that happening too me whether im larger or smaller,im unsure whether its happening and I just never noticed.and as for woman not taking any notice of you well are they really the woman you want,they should be nice to you whether you are larger or thinner..
they don't deserve you if they don't love you for you..
I myself would love somebody for kindness and a smile before weight would be the issue...
too be honest I like men too have weight is that wrong...

when my husband and I first got together he looked like he had come from a Prisoner-of-war camp I soon changed that..hes not big just cuddly,does that mean im killing him with kindness??

anyways back too topic,people should be nice too each other and weight shouldn't even come in too it..

I do understand the shyness as when I was growing up I was always the tallest biggest girl at school,i wouldn't look at anybody let alone talk too anybody,my weight and height was a factor of my shyness...I think our childhood has a lot too do with our problems,i look back on my size as a young girl and there really wasn't anything wrong with me but as a young girl I could never see that..
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:18 pm

Yes people do relate to you differently.
As a fat person at best you were ignored (surprising how easy that is to do considering how much there was of you) while as a thinner person people are ready to push you forward.
It isn't fair that they treat you better than before but that is how it is in this image obsessed society.
People are judged (consciously or unconsciously) by their looks rather than the contents of their heart.

As a public performer I felt that uniquely. As a Fat performer I faced immediate judgement before I even began. I would see it in their fallen faces or worse still have a child loudly declare "the magician is fat!!!". I had to work twice as hard as I do now to win my audience over and even then I only had credibility as a kids magician and not a performer for adults. Since I've lost the weight I've done more performances for adults than the rest of my career combined - with less marketing in that area. Only being thin as given me that street cred!

Interestingly my performance style has changed. I'm more relaxed on stage knowing that I'm not as judged. I've had to change a few of my routines though because the audience couldn't relate to the thin man doing the fat man act.
There was one particular trick whose basic premise was "hippo in tutu"...where me the fat person would "re-enact" a young dashing David Copperfield. When I lost the weight this killer routine fell flat as a pancake. I had to re-jig it as an uncool old man trying to be like a cool young man. Wearing the mullet wig for it made all the difference! Did I say street cred? :roll: :lol:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:20 pm

Anyone who has ever carried A LOT of weight (and by that I mean 30+ kilos) can probably relate to where I'm at. I'm not saying that anyone carrying less than 30 kilos wouldn't understand, or has it easy, not at all. I'm just saying that the bigger you are, when you eventually take the weight off (or are in the home stretch of the weight loss journey) and you notice people treating you differently, even if that treatment is BETTER, it plays with your head!!! :oops:

I will admit, what happened with that dinner the other night (although lovely) affected me deeply. I had mixed emotions most of the evening, long before I even got to the restaurant, and I found myself questing everything "why did I get the flowers?", "why didn't (my boss) ask X to go instead of me", "why me anyway"? and the questions just didn't stop!!! I went from feeling on top of the world to feeling really low, like royalty one minute and prisoner (in chains) the next. :( It was the craziest most tormenting roller coaster ride I've ever been on!!! :shock: And all because I got treated as "special" for being thinner???? I know that's not the case, it's just how I felt.

Everyone has issues, most of which is due to baggage carried from their childhood. Some people will be fortunate enough to offload one or two items from their suitcases, but for the majority of travellers, we all carry those darn heavy bags with us all the days of our lives. :(

I think the biggest mistake I've made with my weight loss, is deluding myself into believing it would FIX all my life's problems; it won't!!! Sure it will (and has) fixed my health problems thankfully, and I've got renewed energy and confidence that's true, but the fear of being hurt is still there but now it's worse because I don't have the layers of fat to hide behind. :(
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:34 pm

DD Diva wrote: And all because I got treated as "special" for being thinner???? I know that's not the case, it's just how I felt.

Everyone has issues, most of which is due to baggage carried from their childhood. Some people will be fortunate enough to offload one or two items from their suitcases, but for the majority of travellers, we all carry those darn heavy bags with us all the days of our lives. :(

I think the biggest mistake I've made with my weight loss, is deluding myself into believing it would FIX all my life's problems; it won't!!! Sure it will (and has) fixed my health problems thankfully, and I've got renewed energy and confidence that's true, but the fear of being hurt is still there but now it's worse because I don't have the layers of fat to hide behind. :(

I say seize those special treated days. Probably makes up for all those days when you should have been treated special but wasn't.

Life is full of problems. Fat or thin. It is how we deal with those problems that is the test of character. As a thinner person you will be experiencing a different set of problems that's all. For example, as a married fat man no one ever tried to flirt with me but now that occasionally does happen. That's something that I didn't need to deal with before (no wonder you hear stories of a person losing weight and then running out of the marriage). Now that is something that I have to deal with and handle.

Don't sell yourself short. Success weigh loss has given you a boost in your confidence. That boost can be used and transferred to other areas of your life. You don't need the fat to hide any more! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:15 pm

That's very true, thanks Kim!! :)
Guess it's time for this female Linus (sp?) to give up her security blanket!!! :oops:
p.s ...you doing anything this Friday night?! :wink: :D
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:32 pm

Linus is my favourite 'Peanuts' character.
One of my favourite quotes comes from him. He developed a new way of dealing with life called "RUNNISM" - "there isn't a problem so small or too big that I can't run away from!" :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:58 pm

Blitz wrote:Linus is my favourite 'Peanuts' character.
One of my favourite quotes comes from him. He developed a new way of dealing with life called "RUNNISM" - "there isn't a problem so small or too big that I can't run away from!" :lol:

Kim

Fair enough too!!! Though I've never been a "runner" more of a meandering "go-slow-take-your-time-and-take-in-the-sights" kinda gal!!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:38 am

500g loss this week!! :D
I'd have liked a bit more given that I've pounded the pavement quite a bit this week, but alas...I can't complain; 500g is still respectable and I'm happy with that!!! :wink: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:10 am

DD Diva wrote:p.s ...you doing anything this Friday night?! :wink: :D

I missed that line the first time around...very funny! :lol: My wife won't let me go out with other women - she is a real spoil sport like that. :wink:
But seriously, usually on the weekends that is when I actually work. I know that most people reading the Forum figure that I post here so often that I couldn't be gainfully employed but they are wrong.

Friday night saw me doing a children's magic show at a major shopping centre for a book launch for an organisation that deals with teenagers/young adults with intellectual disabilities. There probably was twice the adults watching than kids so I jigged the show to make it more all family friendly. Sounds glamorous doesn't it? What the public didn't see was the poor magician driving through the heavy pouring rain, with his tails on dashing through the car park with his magic box, sound gear and rabbit - getting soaked...and not having time to have his dinner until much later than usual! :lol:

Josie a 0.5kg loss this week is good going after last week's result. It is the pointy end after all...each gram at this end is a tougher earn than the other end! Who knows? Next week could be a even better week! In the mean time, enjoy this loss and ride it's success to greater success! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:44 am

What a party pooper!! My hubby's a bit like that too!! :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, that's great Kim!! It must be very rewarding work and as a fan love magicians (magic acts) since I was a child, I don't doubt that you leave people mezmorised with wonder!!! :wink: Every time I see a magic act "I WONDER how they did X or Y"!!! :lol: :lol: But so glad they do!!! :D

Thanks Kim, yeah it's nice to be in below the mid 70's mark (finally!!!) Now I just gotta get myself into the 60's :roll: :D
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:39 pm

DD Diva wrote: Every time I see a magic act "I WONDER how they did X or Y"!!!

Funny every time I see a magic act I usually know how they did it and WONDER often whY!!! :shock: :lol:

DD Diva wrote:Thanks Kim, yeah it's nice to be in below the mid 70's mark (finally!!!) Now I just gotta get myself into the 60's :roll: :D

Don't let it get to you. Just keep putting one foot after the other down the path you are treading and you will get there.
Just look back to how far you have travelled so far. Doesn't it seem incredible how much you have done and how it doesn't seem that long ago that you were so big?
The secret is not in speed (which is how most weight loss products are sold with the promise of) but in steady progress.
The tortoise will always beat the hare in this game.8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:07 am

DD Diva wrote:Thanks Kim, yeah it's nice to be in below the mid 70's mark (finally!!!) Now I just gotta get myself into the 60's :roll: :D

Oh dear....that statement is a little over a week old, yet it seems that it's an eternity and many kilos ago!!!! :oops: :cry:

I'm back, and okay so I had a legitimate reason/excuse for being MIA, I had absolutely NO EXCUSE for being so lapse with my weight loss regime!!! :oops:

I've been away on business (as some of you may recall my posting about that lovely "new daddy" boss of mine; I had to step up again while he's off enjoying paternity leave) only this time it wasn't to attend a fancy restaurant entertaining overseas visitors, rather it was to attend a 2 day conference in NSW (borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring!!!) :roll: I should have logged in, but honestly after a full day of being "talked at" followed by mindless mingling and even more mindless nibbling, I would get back to my hotel room to pretty much, crash and burn, and fall into a deep sleep (waking up one morning around 3am to find myself still fully dressed!!!) :oops:

I guess I should have, but unfortunately before I left for this 2 day talk-fest, I didn't get a chance to weigh myself last Sunday because I was at my son's place on the weekend and he doesn't have a set of bathroom scales, which I wouldn't have bothered with as (we all know) other scales are "never the same" as your own!!!

Anyway, I didn't think it would be so bad, and I didn't bother to weigh myself on the Sunday night either thinking that (a) I'd be heavier at night, (b) I was about to head off interstate for 2 days and I was facing the unexpected, and (b) one week without an entry in my book wouldn't be the end of the world, now would it???!!!
WELL IT WAS....worse than the end of the world!!!! :shock:

I weighed in this morning and was horrified to see........78.5kg!!! :shock: :oops: That's a gain of 3.6kg!!!! :cry:

I guess I shouldn't act all surprised, with the hive of activity this last week I guess I didn't pay attention to all the "bad" stuff I was putting into my body!! :oops:

But in the words of Scarlet O'Hara in that classic GWTW "TODAY" not tomorrow!! "is another day"!!!

The buck....no bad behaviour....stops here!!! :roll:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:26 am

DD Diva wrote:Oh dear....that statement is a little over a week old, yet it seems that it's an eternity and many kilos ago!!!! :oops: :cry:

They say a week is a long time in politics...apparently it's an eternity in weight loss! :shock: :lol: :wink:

DD Diva wrote:one week without an entry in my book wouldn't be the end of the world, now would it???!!!
WELL IT WAS....worse than the end of the world!!!! :shock:

I weighed in this morning and was horrified to see........78.5kg!!! :shock: :oops: That's a gain of 3.6kg!!!! :cry:

Guess this is a good time for you to learn these lessons before you get to the maintenance stage. They will serve you well once you get to maintenance.

What are the lessons?
Firstly - your body is ready at a drop of a hat to regain big weight very quickly. I learnt this lesson near the end of my journey when I went to Sydney for a week for a magic convention. I had no scales and no idea how I was faring. At first I was diligent and kept things very strict but towards the end of the week I got slacker (not out of control - just lax). When I got back I had a small gain on the scales. It was only those good first few days that saved me from a major blow out. What did I learn?...weight loss doesn't take a holiday.
Secondly - it's all about vigilance. Once you let it slide...it will slide big time! So never let it slide. What did I learn? Vigilance is your watch word to success.

Okay...it is done but learn the lessons! Once you get them into you - they will be the guarantee for your future success. 8)

Josie, you know what your first order of business is - to re-lose that 3.6 kilos and regain that ground! Go get it girl! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:03 am

Blitz wrote:What are the lessons?
Firstly - your body is ready at a drop of a hat to regain big weight very quickly.

First and foremost!!! A hard lesson learnt, but one that won't be easily forgotten.

Everybody is different, but for my body, I've come to realise that a "treat" is okay if factored in, and even a "blow-out" can be negated IF it's restricted to just one sitting (ie.a meal such as a dinner out) BUT DAYS ON END without thought is a BIG NO NO!!!! :oops:

Anyway, back on the wagon and so far, so good. :D Down 700g already, so that 3.6kg gain has been shaved to 2.9kg (still not great, but it's a start)!!! 8)

Thanks Kim, I need to be reminded that although I've travelled a long way, I still have distance to go and if I'm being lax about it isn't going to get me to my destination any quicker or easier!!! :oops: I'm not ashamed of what I've allowed to happen, but I am disappointed in myself and as annoying as it is, I know that if keep chipping away I can undo the damage.
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:21 pm

DD Diva wrote: Down 700g already, so that 3.6kg gain has been shaved to 2.9kg (still not great, but it's a start)!!! 8)

Thanks Kim, I need to be reminded that although I've travelled a long way, I still have distance to go and if I'm being lax about it isn't going to get me to my destination any quicker or easier!!! :oops: I'm not ashamed of what I've allowed to happen, but I am disappointed in myself and as annoying as it is, I know that if keep chipping away I can undo the damage.

It's not what you want to be doing...but it is good for this timely reminder to be happening now.
Often at this stage of this journey we can become "cocky" and let complacency slide in.
You've probably seen it. Someone is approaching goal, really moving along and suddenly they blow themselves out of the water.
At least this way you've had reality give you a gentle tap on the shoulder and alerted you to that danger. All for the good in the end. 8)

0.7kg start is excellent...really go for it in the next few days - the body is in the place where effort now will pay good results.
Hit it hard before the body figures out what you are doing! :shock: :lol:
Good work! :)

Kim
Blitz

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting