It is currently Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:41 pm

Free Newsletter

Diva-licious!!! ;p

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Diva-licious!!! ;p

Postby Blitz » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:05 am

It will be an interesting weigh in.
You've lost a lot of weight catching back up very quickly so your body may demand a bit of a breather soon so your system can steady up and process itself. Whether that happens before or after your weigh in we will wait and see...but it isn't anything to get too concerned about...it will just be part of paying the piper out for the blow out. It is just a matter of time before your Herculean effort will bring it all back in. 8)

Remember fat is converted into two things when being removed from the body - carbon monoxide and water.
Every drop of sweat means less fat - embrace the sweat Josie!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:14 am

Hey Kim,

I know what you mean, and believe me, I'm expecting an equally Herculean go-slow as a result of these losses. I'm thinking that the "go slow" will hit with the last 5kg!!! :cry:

I'm plodding on with another (small) 300g down this morning (thankfully 1.7kg to make up now) but things will definitely slow down especially once I get to the even pointer end of this journey. :?

As for the sweat, it doesn't bother me too much; though I suspect those around me wouldn't be too impressed!!! :shock: eeeeewwwwwwwww
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:12 am

Oh yes there most probably will be a slow down for you at around 5 kilos to go (but if you play it smarter it won't take 2 months for you to knock it off)...but I wasn't referring to that. More like the "good week" / "not so good week" scenario where it doesn't do so well following a good week because the body is making muscle and/or adjusting itself to the new work load. You might come up short at your next weigh in (please prove me wrong!)...so don't let that get to you if it does because it is only an apparition - and a reflection of how much you have managed to move that blow out in a very short time already. :D

It will slow down at that pointy end but I reckon forewarned is forearmed.
I have every confidence that you'll do those last few kilos with real style! 8)

Sweat is good. Funny how those around you don't see it! :lol:
When I get off the exercise bike I'm dripping buckets!
I try and get a hug from my wife and daughter but they run away from me with cries "Look out - it's the Sweaty Monster!" :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:44 am

Blitz wrote:More like the "good week" / "not so good week" scenario where it doesn't do so well following a good week because the body is making muscle and/or adjusting itself to the new work load. You might come up short at your next weigh in (please prove me wrong!)...so don't let that get to you if it does because it is only an apparition - and a reflection of how much you have managed to move that blow out in a very short time already. :D

Yes I expect this too!! :?

I certainly don't expect 2 mammoth losses in a row (though initial gains tend to come off quickly as they are mostly fluid retention).

I don't want to speak too soon, lest my body hears and has a change of heart, but so far this week and with only today+tomorrow before weigh in, I'm down 2.2kg (or 66.4kg) just 400g short of my 66kg pre-cruise weight!! I would settle for that, with no further losses until Sunday, but I will push to return to rid myself of that last 400g blowout!!

I have been working so hard at the gym, I'm exhausted!! Seriously, after my workout yesterday I was about ready to collapse in a heap and I decided to give myself a "day off" from the gruelling regime today (my poor body is screaming for a rest) :roll:
I'll let you know how I get on, but for now.....it's going to be a restful day with "cat naps" in between the rest of the day's activities (which will be pretty tame)!! :roll:

By the way, I can understand your daughter and wife's reluctance to indulge you in a hug when you're looking like "sweaty teddy" because feeling how saturated I get after a workout, I wouldn't want to hug me either!!! :shock: :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Tams » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:15 pm

I've been wondering all week if it is possible to sweat when you exercise in a pool? If so, then I don't like to think about what we're swimming in :shock: (Yeah, I know, there are probably worse things in a public pool!!)

What do reckon? Does the coolness of the water prevent sweat even if the exertion is high??
Tams

Postby Blitz » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:01 am

Sweat is all about cooling the body down so I don't think that will be a factor when you are in a pool surrounded by water that will naturally keep the body's temperature cool. So swim with comfort and assurance! :D

Josie - within 0.4kg?...that's an amazing result so far. No wonder you need a rest day!
You are doing very well. Listening to your body yet pushing it as far as you can.
Who knows?...maybe you might reach it by next weigh in - any way you slice it...you'll be darn close that's for sure! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:54 am

In the word of Maxwell Smart "I was thissssssssssssssssss close" :roll: Doh!!! :evil: Soooooooooo close......I managed to get down to 66.1kg and only needed a teeny weeny 100g loss to return to my pre-cruise weight of 66.0kg or better still a 200g loss to break into the 65's, but alas it wasn't to be! :cry: Though disappointing, what really ticked me off however (and this is what really confused me) I gained 200g yesterday for absolutely no reason (I didn't eat anything bad, AND I did a workout that would have exhausted a horse)!!! So go figure...... :roll:

But I really shouldn't be complaining, my loss for the weight was still a very impressive 2.3kg (from 68.6kg to 66.3kg) :D

Okay so I didn't make it back to 66.0kg but I'm hoping that I can at least do that, and (fingers crossed) get into the 65's by next weigh in! :roll: Not only would that be great, but it would be a lovely birthday gift!! :D
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:39 pm

Moving forward is always better than the alternative! A goal is for the aiming at...achieving it fully is just the bonus. :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby Divalicious » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:13 am

Hi all,
It's me........I've been overhauled??!! :lol: :lol:
DD Diva is gone (in more ways than one) and Divalicious is here to stay!!! :D
Had a few problems with my log in, and when I tried to fix it, couldn't log in, soooooooooo...........I decided to re-register, and seeing as the "DD" part of my old DD Diva moniker no longer applied, figured why not drop it altogether in my new moniker.......so here it (and here I) is again!!! I'm back!!! :wink:
Only downer, is my post count has restarted from scratch!! :cry:
Never mind, onward and downward........ :D
Hope you're all doing really well on your weight loss journeys. :wink:
xx
Josie
136.0kg - Heaviest weight (1/1/12)
126.6kg - Starting weight (1/1/13)
60.0kg - Goal weight
63.3kg - Current weight

Divalicious

Postby Blitz » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:54 am

Hello newbie! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The new improved Diva eh? Good to see! :D

A little bird told me why you had trouble logging in...sorry about that but it gave you a chance to launch "Diva0.2" which is all for the good as I know that old name has been bugging you for a while now. 8)
Can we expect a new profile picture soon was well? I hope so...I want people to see how very well you have done so far!

Looking forward to an update on how your weight journey has been going. :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby Divalicious » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:30 am

Blitz wrote: Hello newbie! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The new improved Diva eh? Good to see! :D

A little bird told me why you had trouble logging in...sorry about that but it gave you a chance to launch "Diva0.2" which is all for the good as I know that old name has been bugging you for a while now. 8)
Can we expect a new profile picture soon was well? I hope so...I want people to see how very well you have done so far!

Looking forward to an update on how your weight journey has been going. :D

Kim

Ahhhh yes, that "little bird" is a sweetie, my thanks to her if she's reading this!! xx :wink:

I'm working on a new profile pic, though I gotta tell ya....it's tough trying to get the thumb size right to add a compliant sized pic....it is a doozey!! :roll: Oh and don't worry, I will definitely be posting "before and after" shots soon-ish!!! Though I'd like it to be in about another 5.7kg when I'm at goal!!! :wink:

In the meantime, here's proof that I'm still working (and sweating) my butt off 6 out of 7 days a week at the gym!! :shock: (Note, photo may be a tad blurry but I think my t-shirt is a clear picture of the intensity of my recently finished workout)!! :lol:
Attachments
20150219_164014 (480x640).jpg
20150219_164014 (480x640).jpg (58.17 KiB) Viewed 2065 times
60.0kg - Goal weight
63.3kg - Current weight

Divalicious

Postby Divalicious » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:50 am

Blitz wrote:Can we expect a new profile picture soon was well?

Done!
But geez louise :roll: .....the 6KB size restriction makes it a tough job fitting a viewable image into the avatar space for it!! :shock:
60.0kg - Goal weight
63.3kg - Current weight

Divalicious

Postby Tams » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:30 pm

AMAZING!!! YOU GO!!
Tams

Postby Blitz » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:33 am

Yeah the 6kb size is a throw back to the days when all downloads from the web were slow to load up.
I remember the old days when downloading a file of 250kb was a commitment of your metered download allowance and could take between 5 to 10 minutes to download to your computer. :roll:
Anyway...good to see your new profile avatar up and running. 8)

Sweat is good! Great to see you working it hard. :D

Kim
ps...I like the shoes!
Blitz

Postby Divalicious » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:51 am

Well, then you'd love the t-shirt that I normally wear with them too!! :wink: :lol: :lol:
Both btw are men's!! I've noticed the popular (and gorgeous) fluoro green is more common in men's runners and sports tee's, but are being snapped up faster by women!! :lol: :lol:
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (42.46 KiB) Viewed 2056 times
60.0kg - Goal weight
63.3kg - Current weight

Divalicious

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting