It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:46 am

Free Newsletter

Diva-licious!!! ;p

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Diva-licious!!! ;p

Postby Blitz » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:54 pm

DD Diva wrote: 74.9kg again and under the 75kg mark!!! :D
Now to lose the other 500g to meet my challenge target of 74.4kg!!! :wink:

Now don't go over it again okay? It's too much hard work otherwise! :wink:

0.5kg? No problem - surely you can lose a 100 grams a day?
...I have every confidence that you can smash it if you get your focus on that goal and really go for it! 8) :)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:17 am

Blitz wrote:
DD Diva wrote: 74.9kg again and under the 75kg mark!!! :D
Now to lose the other 500g to meet my challenge target of 74.4kg!!! :wink:

Now don't go over it again okay? It's too much hard work otherwise! :wink:

0.5kg? No problem - surely you can lose a 100 grams a day?
...I have every confidence that you can smash it if you get your focus on that goal and really go for it! 8) :)

Kim

Made it!!! :)
Reached my challenge goal target of 74.4kg exactly; a little more would have been good, but its 700g loss for the week so can't complain especially after 2 x 1.7kg losses for the last 2 weeks!! :roll:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:04 am

Blitz wrote:0.5kg? No problem - surely you can lose a 100 grams a day?

Boy you took my challenge literally...100 grams a day!
Good work Josie for completing the challenge successfully. 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:11 am

After reaching my challenge goal LAST WEIGH IN (Sunday) my body has gone up and down (radically) :shock: as high as 75.9kg one day and then back to 74.4kg come the morning; that's a whopping 1.5kg loss overnight!!! WTF?? :shock: Did someone crazed lunatic break into our house in the middle of the night and saw off one of my limbs while I slept (and so silently that I didn't notice)??!! :roll:
Honestly, this week the readings have been all over the place, and I'm thinking.....either my body is flipping out or my scales are on their last legs??!!!
Either way, on a positive note :roll: thankfully at least I can report my weigh in result for the week is.....wait for it......
74.4kg!!! That is......
Loss: 0
Gain: 0
So I guess I've had a week of NOTHING!!! :oops: :cry:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:19 am

DD Diva wrote: Did someone crazed lunatic break into our house in the middle of the night and saw off one of my limbs while I slept (and so silently that I didn't notice)??!! :roll:

As a magician, I'm the master of the misdirection...it was I that sawed off the limb! :twisted: :wink:
BTW...resent being described as a "crazed lunatic" - just "lunatic" will do! :shock: :lol:

But in all seriousness...that is how it is with the body sometimes. A bit of water retention and sudden clearance can skew the weigh ins radically. That is why you have to take a long view of it if you are weighing yourself daily (or if you are really obsessive...oftener).

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:20 am

Well even though this morning's weekly weigh in was a positive one, with the numbers actually going down this week, I was somewhat disappointed!!! Earlier in the week I was tracking along nicely and it looked like I was heading for an impressive 1.3kg loss but last night I went out with a girlfriend (for coffee) and we both ended up having a couple of Bailey's Irish creams each instead!! :shock: Not exactly the end of the world I know, but I was soooooooooooooo disappointed this morning as throughout the course of a few days (intense gym workouts) and then last night's 2 drinks (and if anyone's ever had a Bailey's they'll know, you pay an arm and a leg for about splash of the actual drink; most of it was ice!!!) so to only register a 500g loss for the week, I was happy yet peeved at the same time!!! :evil:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:33 am

Hopefully your system will deal with the Bailey's swiftly and your numbers will return to even keel and show better progress.
Just goes to show you that you can't let your guard down for a moment...or your body will get ya!

Should all show up at next week's number if all goes well. :)
In the meantime, let's acknowledge that at least you've put a score on the board and that you weren't out for a duck. 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:23 am

Blitz wrote:Hopefully your system will deal with the Bailey's swiftly and your numbers will return to even keel and show better progress.
Just goes to show you that you can't let your guard down for a moment...or your body will get ya!

Thanks Kim,
Actually it all came out in the wash last night, I took a sneak peak of the scales just before going to bed and low and behold....they registered a figure LOWER than the morning reading!!! :shock: A very rare occurrence. :D I was 300g less than the morning!!! :wink:
And this morning, I was down a further 600g making yesterdays loss a whopping 900g down!!! :D
If I can manage another 100g loss today, I'll break through the 73s!!! Woo hoo!!!! Here's hoping..... :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:13 am

I thought that might occur. Alcohol tends to encourage the body to hold on to water. Once that passes - so too should the water! :lol:

Great to hear that things are looking good for you - keep it up and don't let up! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:53 am

Weigh in today, and well.....not a happy camper!!! :cry:
During the week I managed to break through the 73s (got as low as 72.8kg) but it was only temporary, next day back to 73.4kg and by today jumped up to a staggering 75.1kg Sooooooooooo not happy!!! :evil:
A gain of 1.2kg for the week!!! :shock:
You know, it really grates on my nerves that I can manage to lose over 50kg with virtually little (and sometimes NO exercise)!!! BUT....I pick up the pace, work my ass off, sweating bucket loads and hobble stiff and sore for days (but still pushing on, mind you!!) only to find that for all my hard work, the scales reward me with A GAIN!!!!! WTF???? :?
I know I know, muscle (which weighs more than fat) has been built up. I've been warned about this!!!
But it's little comfort when you know you've worked soooooooooooooooo hard, and eaten all the right stuff only to see a 1.2kg gain!!! :oops: :roll:
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:58 am

AND.........to add insult to injury......I'm heavier than my Challenge Goal Start Weight of 74.4kg by 700g!!! :cry:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:42 am

Welcome to the pointy end of the journey! This is where everything you have learnt so far comes into play.

I believe a big gain like that (which isn't due to a binge - I'm sure you would have mentioned it) isn't going to be too long lasting.
This is mostly made up of fluid retention.
Unless you are coming down with a cold, that fluid retention is almost certainly linked with your exercising efforts.
When it comes up to our weekly weigh in day we often up the exercise thinking it will give us a smashing result but if we work it too hard what often happens is the body goes into muscle making mode and the fluid retention gives us a less than satisfying number at weigh in.

Frustrating? Yes...beneficial down the road? - you bet!
Look forward to next week's weigh in...should be a better result. 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:48 am

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr......this is SOOOOOOO FRUSTRATING!! I've been going to the gym so often my husband jokes that I must be "seeing someone"?!! Yeah right, if it ain't wriggling and giggling is saturated in perspiration, very attractive (not!) that'll turn heads!!! :shock:
I've managed to lose 200g which is crazy, as that STILL puts me up by a whole 1kg for the week!!!!
I'm going nuts here!!! :twisted:
I know I should be patient, this will eventually show up, and the best thing to do is measure but honestly I can't be bothered.
I'll just battle on, and keep going.....I'm eating right and working out hard so it HAS TO come out in the wash (along with my sweaty clothes)!!! :roll:
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:54 am

Blitz wrote:Welcome to the pointy end of the journey! This is where everything you have learnt so far comes into play.

I believe a big gain like that (which isn't due to a binge - I'm sure you would have mentioned it) isn't going to be too long lasting.
This is mostly made up of fluid retention.
Unless you are coming down with a cold, that fluid retention is almost certainly linked with your exercising efforts.
When it comes up to our weekly weigh in day we often up the exercise thinking it will give us a smashing result but if we work it too hard what often happens is the body goes into muscle making mode and the fluid retention gives us a less than satisfying number at weigh in.

Frustrating? Yes...beneficial down the road? - you bet!
Look forward to next week's weigh in...should be a better result. 8)

Kim

Hahaha....we must have posted at the same time!! :lol: :lol:
Thanks Kim, I know it would be (as you said) hard but you didn't say I had to like it :roll: or did you???!!! :lol:
No no binging, food wise all good....lots of veggies, good size meals (portion control) and absolutely next to no snacks of any description!!
No sign of ill health, unless you could sore joints from all the strain I'm putting myself through.
One thing I have noticed (not sure if this is a sign of anything) but the minute I get home after a workout, if I sit on the couch for (even a few minutes) I fall asleep!!! :shock:
Do you suppose my body is telling me I'm knackered??? I just can't stay awake. :roll:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:29 am

Tell your husband that there isn't anyone else at the gym...it's just you've developed a fetish for inflicting pain on yourself! :shock: :lol:

Going nuts eh? That is why all those things you've learnt doing your weight loss journey are now going to be vital for you to get through the toughest part. All those skills and insights arm you for the sheer slog of the last bit.

I know what you are going through. Towards the end of my wait loss journey, I said to my wife that I just wanted it to be over. She took it to mean that I was thinking about quitting and started to comfort and encourage me to continue...but I corrected her misunderstanding. What I had meant that I wasn't thinking of quitting but that I was just tired of the constant jogging to that finishing line...yet the closer I got (with more and more effort) - the slower the progress.

Nearing the end of my journey I was usually exercising for at least three hours a day (one hour exercise bike, one hour jogging and one hour swimming), it felt as if I didn't have a life apart from weight loss. The last two months was a virtual stand still weight wise. I would shift a few kilos and then put them back on. I was tired and worn (know all about falling asleep after exercise - not helpful as it burns less calories!). I knew that in the end that I would have to dig even deeper and finish it off with all I have. I was able to identify that my snacking had increased too much (I was so tired that the body was craving the energy/sugar of the fruits)...so I cut them right down and worked my butt off. Within a fortnight I managed to knock off the last 3 kilos.

When I stepped on the scales and it registered my goal weight...I didn't jump for joy or cheer...all I said was - "finally".
I was well and truly over the weight loss journey by the time I had hit goal.
The good news is that maintenance is such an easier caper compared to reaching goal. :)

I know it is hard...but as you have discovered...it is worth it! 8)

Kim
Blitz

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting