It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:32 pm

Free Newsletter

Diva-licious!!! ;p

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Diva-licious!!! ;p

Postby DD Diva » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:21 am

I'm soooooooooooooooooooooo sore!!! :cry:

I biked, walked, rowed, lifted and then Zumba-ed for 2.5 hours last night, stood on the scales this morning and (although down for the week, so far) went up 100g from yesterday!!! Hardly seems a fair exchange for all that hard work!!! But I know it's muscle build up, it has to be, I ain't eatin' much for it to be anything else!!! :oops:
I know I'll make it to goal, but seriously by the time I get there, I'm going to new a whole new body; this one will be completely stuffed!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:38 am

DD Diva wrote:I know it's muscle build up, it has to be

It's also very character building as well! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Ease up a bit and let your body show you what you've been up to...when it has rested from making the new muscle you are demanding it to...it will give you the numbers you crave. Remember - push but don't break. Rest is important too.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:58 am

Thanks Kim,
Yes I'm taking the "night off" from my gruelling work out sessions!! Actually it's a forced break, got a work dinner function on and so won't make the Danzika (similar to Zumba) class which normally runs on a Friday night.
My body is aching and I need the rest, and still quite sore (especially in the legs) so the relax will ease much of that aching!!
Just have to make sure not to order anything unhealthy for dinner, and to be honest, I've studied the menu so much I could recite it from memory. It's probably one of the worst menu selections I've ever come across!!! :shock: There's not a lot of healthy options, and certainly (as a mostly vegetarian) not much to my liking. :cry:
Nevertheless, I'm going to be VERY VERY picky, I've worked damn hard this week and there's NO WAY that I'm going to let one night out undo all my hard work!!!
So far, I'm done 1.4kg for the week and with only 2 days to weigh in, I desperately want to stay under 74kg (currently at 73.7kg). :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:02 am

Sounds like you've got it all in hand there Josie. 8)
Limited healthy menus are a hassle...the only way through them is eating moderately and just chalk the evening up to "just one of those things".

You may relax but I think that you will find that the muscle ache won't go away.
It is when you stop that it truly hits you (2nd day after is the worst).
You probably find that you have been keeping most of the pain at bay by continuously exercising. :lol:

Danzika?...gosh and I thought Zumba was a silly enough name!
What's the criteria for making up these names?
Got to be dance related and contain the letter "Z" in it? I've thought of one...Waltz! :shock: :lol: :wink:

I'm very eager to see how you end up at the scales with all this effort...it's been an interesting experiment between exercising for weight loss and creating muscle for fitness. 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:27 am

Blitz wrote: I'm very eager to see how you end up at the scales with all this effort...it's been an interesting experiment between exercising for weight loss and creating muscle for fitness. 8)

Weigh in this morning was a BETTER result this week, at least it was in the right direction - a loss of 1.1kg :D

Sounds impressive??? I should be happy??? Yeah I am KINDA but not 100% As the reading on the scales not quite last week's low of 73.9kg (off by 100g) and in the words of Maxwell Smart "missed it by THAT MUCH"!!! :roll: :lol: :lol:

Nevertheless, it's good to have a loss, and at least I'm back below my Challenge Start Weight of 74.4kg again!!! Woo hoo!!! :wink:
So far for this challenge I'm down 400g.....goodness at that rate, I'll be lucky to achieve a kilo loss for the entire 12 weeks!!! :cry: This "pointy end" is razor sharp!!! :oops:

By the way, Friday night was (in one word) DISASTEROUS!!! There was absolutely nothing that even came close to being a "healthy" option. Everything on the menu was either full of fat/grease or smothered with cream and/or plain (pan/deep) fried!!! :evil: I think someone should buy the chef a griller or steamer for Christmas, and then I may return!!! :roll:

Even the drinks, not a "diet" anything on the drinks menu. Except for one alcoholic raspberry ale (a light beer) that had me intrigued and I simply had to try it, I stuck to water for the rest of the evening. I had a zucchini salad (must admit the noodles looked more like pasta than real noodles!!) with (wait for it, yes) deep fried zucchini flowers stuffed with cheese!!!

It turned out to be a gain for the evening on the scales, and my 1.4kg loss was reduced to my 1.1kg loss on the scales this morning; so I guess OVERALL not too bad an effort. Though if I had not had the ale, it might have ended up breaking even??? I don't know how anyone can have alcohol and not gain weight?!! It's shows up worse than a block full of choccie or a full cream cake on the scales!!! :shock:
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:39 am

Grrrr.....completely forgot to respond to your "quote" Kim!! :roll:

I think if it not had been for the fact that I've near KILLED MYSELF in the gym this passed week, Friday night's damage would have been far worse!!! :oops:

I don't doubt for a moment that I've built muscle, clothes that I was a way off getting into now fit better, though not perfect definitely roomier and I think after another week or two of gruelling gym sessions, I'll be able to do a victory dance in them!!! :lol: :lol:

Oh and BTW.....I'm STILL sore as all heck!!! :cry: But I've had 2 days off (Friday and Saturday) but alas today/tonight....it's back to the torture chamber!!! :shock:
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:44 am

Blitz wrote: Danzika?...gosh and I thought Zumba was a silly enough name!
What's the criteria for making up these names?
Got to be dance related and contain the letter "Z" in it? I've thought of one...Waltz! :shock: :lol: :wink:

Ohhhhhh yes, the Waltz.....that would be soooooooooooooo much nicer, and so less physically taxing on this poor ol' bod of mine!!! And I wouldn't be walking around like one of those Zombies in Michael Jackson's "thriller" clip!!! :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Rocca » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:36 pm

Congrats on the loss Diva!! You put in the hard work and it paid off! You lost your gain and then a whole heap more. Now let's hope all that muscle you've built kicks into fat-burning gear :)
Rocca

Postby Tams » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:02 pm

Well done DDDiva! You're doing well - and yes, rest is important too, as with no rest, muscle does not get built. I reckon the immediate weigh in after exercise is often water retention (something to do with muscle building/body recovery), so don't ever worry about the immediate or even day after weigh-ins.

I've actually had 3 days enforced rest - trying to prevent my ankle from flaring into 'get off your feet for 3 months' stage, as I was not weight bearing at all one day last week. And I need it to hold to get through my crazy crazy month. Had another twinsy moment with you this week...I was at a party, desperately hungry, horribly cold, and not a good food choice in sight - the best I could do was deep fried cheese (it was horrible)!!! Combined with a migraine week, and really just general gluttony - inspired by the 4 day migraine, but I could/should have controlled it - I'm happy to read your fortitude and determination to inspire me to better behaviour this week. :)
Tams

Postby DD Diva » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:39 am

Thanks Tams,

It's a bummer I know, and even though I should understand what's happening, it's no less disappointing to see a rise in the scales (especially when you're ticking all the RIGHT boxes)!!!

Nevertheless, my determination not to let it demotivate me, but to push on, has indeed paid off. This morning I've broken through the 74kg mark (again) and hopefully it will stay there by the end of the week, for next Sunday's weigh in??!! :roll:

Hey, I feel your pain.....I know when I twisted my ankle months ago, even though (at the time) I wasn't exercising anywhere near as much as I am now (come to think of it, I may not have been doing much activity at all) I was itching to get back on my feet unaided by weight bearing apparatus!!!

Take care of yourself; you need to heal, so make sure you take the time to get better (and stronger) and then you'll be back on your feet, dancing up a storm (I'm sure)!!! :wink: :D

With regard to gluttony, heck yeah.....been there a few times in the past, and no doubt will have the odd "fall from grace" day in which I will heed my body's call for extra fuel, but when it happens I'll be sure to compensate with a gruelling workout to counteract any possible damage!!! :wink: Whatever you do, don't beat yourself up about these "sessions" rather enjoy and then move on.....no point crying over stuffing :oops: :lol: time to make amends....not only with your actions, but with forgiving yourself for the slip up, and basically just putting it behind you and doing a better job with the days ahead of you!!! You go g/f......you can do this!!! xx :wink: 8)
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:09 am

I think that you should have a much better week this week. I believe that your exercise should show up and reward your next weigh in. 8)

Have a good week...just remember to pace out your exercise. The idea is to push it hard and then ease back a bit and then push it out again. This way less muscle is produced but more calories are burnt.

You are doing very well. :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:55 am

Blitz wrote:I think that you should have a much better week this week. I believe that your exercise should show up and reward your next weigh in. 8)

Yes it is finally paying off ON THE SCALES as well as in how my clothes are fitting!!!
All that sweat, oh soooooooooooooo much of it (bucket loads) :? and everyday for 5 (sometimes 6) days straight for weeks now!!! :shock:
But persistence has finally paid off!!!
Weigh in this morning, the scales were very kind!!! :wink:

Last Sunday 26/10 = 74.0kg
This Sunday 02/11 = 71.8kg !!! Woo hoo!!! Happy dance....I'm stoked that not only have I broken through the 74kg but the 73 & the 72kg marks to boot!!! 8)
Total loss this week - 2.2kg Still can't believe it, and still can't wipe the smile off my face!!! :D
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:10 am

Rocca wrote:Congrats on the loss Diva!! You put in the hard work and it paid off! You lost your gain and then a whole heap more. Now let's hope all that muscle you've built kicks into fat-burning gear :)

Hey Rocca,

I'm sooooooo sorry, I omitted to thank you last week. :oops: Thank you for the kind words, and for the continued support!! :D

I hope you're going well on your holiday, that you're enjoying yourself (but not too much - that is, food wise) though I'm quietly confident that you'll come back with minimal (hopefully) nil to make up!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:44 am

Very happy for you Josie.
You did the hard work and it paid out.
Wont be long now and you'll be kissing off the 70's! 8) :D

Blitz wrote:I think that you should have a much better week this week. I believe that your exercise should show up and reward your next weigh in. 8)
Kim

Feeling fully vindicated right now... :lol: ...told you so! :D :wink:

Kim
Blitz

Postby Rocca » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:00 pm

Look at you go!! Smashed through the 73s and 72s!! What a trooper for hanging in there and keeping up the exercise when it didn't seem to be showing up on the scales. So happy for you that it finally paid off! You'll be into the 60s in no time! You've just given me a whole new spark of motivation to reach the 70s. Can't wait.
Well done!! :)
Rocca

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting