It is currently Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:35 pm

Free Newsletter

Diva-licious!!! ;p

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Diva-licious!!! ;p

Postby DD Diva » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:31 pm

Thanks Rocca,

That's very sweet of you to say, and I have to admit, it's lovely to think that anything I (could ever) do would be enough to inspire (or "spark") someone else's motivation!! I'm chuffed (and very humbled)!! :D

It's tough going, but I feel I've come so far, I simply HAVE TO get to the finish line and then (join Kim) in Camp M (maintenance). Only regret, that I didn't do this YEARS AGO!!! :oops:

As for you, my hat off to you!! You've jumped straight back on the wagon, and I know you'll shed that 900g holiday gain off in next to no time!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:21 am

DD Diva wrote:It's tough going, but I feel I've come so far, I simply HAVE TO get to the finish line and then (join Kim) in Camp M (maintenance). Only regret, that I didn't do this YEARS AGO!!! :oops:

I've got the tea brewing for your arrive in Camp M...by the time you get here you'll be wanting it. :lol: :wink:

It is so true what you wrote about regret. I have the same thing...if only I had done it years ago. :roll:
The irony is that once you you get close to goal or reached it you truly appreciate just how much better life can be.
If people could understand that...they wouldn't waver so much along the journey and really push themselves along.
I know that if I had the full vision back when I started - I would have pushed harder and reached goal quicker.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:54 am

That tea's going to be brewing for a longggggggggggggggggggggg time Kim!! Looks like I've taken another step backwards (again!) this week!! :cry:

Gained 700g this week!! :shock:

This "pointy" section of the journey is REALLY getting to me; I work my a$$ off at the gym, only to have stuff like (almost a kilo) gain happen!! :evil: Admittedly, Friday night was "a bit" naughty; we had a family dinner together and I did indulge a little too much but hardly enough to feel guilty. Anyway to try and undo any damage I went to the gym yesterday to try and work some of it off, and guess what?? I did!!! But low and behold this morning (weigh in day) I'm up 700g!!! :cry:

Seriously though, I can't say I'm shocked!! I did indulge, and yeah yeah, I paid with over an hour's workout at the gym (with a MAJOR SWEAT session) but guess it wasn't enough to compensate. I'll have to keep it on the straight and narrow the rest of the week, and make sure I don't do a thing out of line!!! :roll:

Though my son (a PT) said that gains will happen from time to time, even without a blow out, because I'm building muscle; so I'm hoping the gain is a little of that too (and not just me "indulging"). :oops:
DD Diva

Postby Tams » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:03 pm

Yeah, they do happen from time to time. I just realised from all the numbers I'm keeping on a sheet, that after a 'significant' loss (you have greater losses than me! But still for my body, significant), then next week is a slight gain - never the full amount, never over that loss amount, and the next few weeks are spent whittling away that small 'bounce-back' gain. So to achieve the full loss of that significant one, actually takes me 3-5weeks (and I'm pretty certain its a true stable measurement by then!).

Maybe, when we are at the stage of lots of exercise and pretty good eating with just the last bit to go, the body is a bit shocked by a significant loss and does a bit of 'bounce back'?????

Just keep at it. The loss is real. The gain but part of confirming the loss.
Tams

Postby Blitz » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:16 am

A bit of a bounce after a big loss is one possibility.
After losing a good bit the body does pull it back but usually surrenders it in the end.

However I think other reasons for it are more likely in this case.
A food "blow out" may take a little longer than you suspect to show it's full number on the scales.

The most likely reason I believe is the hard exercise you did on Saturday.
When you really push hard on exercise you move away from just burning calories to making muscle.
This extra weight isn't muscle (not yet) but the body retaining additional fluid so that it can use it to make muscle.

This water retention looks bad on the scales but as we know it soon passes and water has virtually no calorie content anyway (just weight).
The bottom line is: your cure for the blow out probably caused the weight blow out! :lol:
It will sort itself pretty quickly so don't despair. 8)

Keep at it and the body will show the result...eventually! :D
Meanwhile I'll keep the tea brewing. :wink:

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:02 am

Another gain this week!!! :cry:
Although not as much as last week (700g) this week's 300g gain is still disappointing (and frustrating, to say the least)!!! :evil:
What's worse is I have been soooooooooooooo good, eating healthy and exercising like there's no tomorrow!!! :roll:
I know (in fact, I'm probably 99.9% confident that) it's muscle build up because there were days when I burned way more calories than I ate!!!
One of the PTs at the gym told me I was "looking good" this week, she actually stopped what she was doing and to tell me that she could see a remarkable difference!!! It was lovely of her to do that, and though I felt great about it, the fact that my weight kept creeping up literally daily, was driving me NUTS!!! :roll: :?
I told her what had been happening and she just laughed and told me to relax, the body will surrender the (so far 1kg) gain with interest!!! Good....I can't wait!!!
My clothes are getting baggier, and clothes that were tight a fortnight ago are now sitting comfortably.....so a reshape is definitely happening; just wish the scales would be as positive!!! :roll:
The only good thing this week is that my gain was less than half of last week's; so I'm kinda happy with that (geez....never thought I'd be pleased with a gain of any sort)!! :shock:
Oh well......onward I go, this pointy end of the journey is a KILLER!!! :oops:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:19 am

Josie, it is hard and discouraging when you work your guts out for such a little result or (such as these last weeks) worse!
This is when character really kicks in. You just have to grit your teeth and say..."I WILL WIN OUT NO MATTER WHAT"!...and then do it!

I thought I would encourage you with my weekly figures for the amount of weight you still have to go to reach goal.
You will see that I too struggled...but that I did win out...just like you are going to win out!
week 43 - 1.8kg loss
week 44 - 1.2kg loss
week 45 - 0.7kg loss
week 46 - 1.2kg loss
week 47 - 1.4kg loss
week 48 - 1.6kg loss
week 49 - same (no loss/no gain)
week 50 - 0.5kg loss
week 51 - 0.3kg gain
week 52 - 1.9kg loss
week 53 - 0.7kg loss
week 54 - 0.6kg loss
week 55 - 1.0kg loss
week 56 - 0.2kg gain
week 57 - 1.0kg gain
week 58 - 0.1kg loss
week 59 - 1.3kg loss
week 60 - 1.8kg loss (reach goal)

You can see that I too managed to string two gains back to back as well and many of my losses also very poor.
Take heart...I reached goal even with this happening - and so will you! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:44 am

Thanks Kim,

That's kind of you to put up for me; and yes, it does help (I feel that I'm not alone)!! :D

I'm okay, really....I have noticed a huge changes:

I am fitting into jeans the same size as my daughter (that's NEVER happened before) when I was that size previously she was a toddler!!!
I pulled out a few clothes that I purchased on my last overseas trip (to the US) one which was a youth's t-shirt (purchased by mistake, believing it was an adult size). When I got it home I couldn't even get over my shoulders, BUT this weekend I put it on and albeit a tiny bit snug, IT ACTUALLY FITS!! :wink:
I can see my legs have reshaped, and although there's loose skin right at the top, the rest of them look GREAT!!
My arms have reduced in size, and tops which were tight last few weeks are now swimming on me!!! :D
I read somewhere that at times like this you have to think of balls....beach ball and tennis ball. Compare their size; the beach ball (full of air) is large and light, yet the tennis ball is much smaller but dense and heavy. Which would you rather be.....my answer.....the tennis ball!!!
I WANT TO BE A TENNIS BALL!!! :lol:

I'm going to preserve, and I'm going to win!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:47 am

DD Diva wrote:I'm going to preserve, and I'm going to win!!! :wink:

Errrrr.......rather, I'm going to persevere NOT preserve!!! :oops: (still waiting on that edit button!!) :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:22 am

DD Diva wrote:(still waiting on that edit button!!) :lol:

We all have our dreams! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, this is the exciting time when old clothes now fit again (or are too big! :D ).
I remember buying a whole lot of Bowie t-shirts on sale at Target..super bargains at $3 each!
There were medium and small sizes. Figured that once I reached goal I would definitely fit the mediums and maybe the smalls. If I couldn't fit the smalls then I would let my wife have them. During the journey I would try them on. One day I just managed to fit into the mediums. Then one glorious day towards the end of my journey I managed to squeeze into the small ones. Soon after the smalls were a perfect fit and the mediums were too big!

Keep this great feeling close to your heart...it this kind of stuff that keeps you going when the going gets tough!

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:53 am

Finally!!!! :roll: A loss this week (after two disappointing gains back to back)!
Down 1.6kg which is great because it means that I've not only lost the 700g +300g gains of the last weeks, but a further 600g giving me a lower reading than my previous "lowest" of 3 weeks ago!!! So I'm very happy!!! :D
I still wanna be a "tennis ball" but I'm so glad the relationship between myself and the scales has been reconciled!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:01 am

Great to see progress again on the scales for you.
Keep pressing forward and you'll soon get there! 8)

I know it is tough...but it is soooo character building! :lol: :wink:

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:05 am

Blitz wrote:Great to see progress again on the scales for you.
Keep pressing forward and you'll soon get there! 8)

I know it is tough...but it is soooo character building! :lol: :wink:

Kim

Thanks Kim,
It's definitely a slog!! :roll: Truly, I'm exercising my a$$ off in the gym, 5-6 days a week!!! :shock:
It's taken me about 18 months with steady losses, and this last stretch is going to draggggggggggggggggg out so long I reckon it'll take another 6 months of miniscule losses all the way!!! :cry:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:24 am

Know the feeling well.
At the beginning I was belting along with a good ten kilos a month losses...and the last few months that came to a screeching slow down.
My averaged weekly loss went from 2.4kg to 1.4kg...largely due to the last two months minuscule results.
But it was the frustration of languishing in these month that rallied me into a fortnight herculean effort that finally got me over the line.

Just keep pounding at it and you too will win through! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby Tams » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:13 pm

Good going DDDiva!!! I'm so impressed with your hard work, discipline and determination. Keep at it!!
Tams

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting