It is currently Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:50 pm

Free Newsletter

Diva-licious!!! ;p

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Diva-licious!!! ;p

Postby DD Diva » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:17 am

Tams wrote:Good going DDDiva!!! I'm so impressed with your hard work, discipline and determination. Keep at it!!

Thanks Tams, appreciate that!!! :D

It's taking all my strength to push through this stretch no matter how long it takes (and trust me, it feels like it will be an eternity at the rate I'm going)!!! :cry:

Another loss this week: 200g (huge huh?!) :roll:

It peeves me off something fierce, I reckon one gym workout alone produced a bucket of sweat that would have weighed more than that!!! (Sigh) Seriously.... :(
Never mind, a new week begins........
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:21 am

What would you rather have - a gain? :shock: :wink:
Losses are always better! :)

Something you might want to check on is your snacking or portion sizes.
I know during weight loss that I found myself about where you are on your journey exercising like a mad fool only to waste all that effort by snacking too much.
In essence I ended up exercising to snack - and snacking to exercising.
The increased exercise made me crave for more food and then I had to exercise more just to stay the course. :roll:

Just a thought...worth checking out.

All said and done - it is good to see you continuing in the right direction. 8)
Keep going!

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:50 am

Hi and thanks Kim,

Yes the "snacking" had crossed my mind, but it isn't excessive, in fact any little "extra" has always been healthier options for example instead of say I serve of salad I may have two, or when I'm cooking myself up a stir fry I'll add a few more vegetables and really load it up. That's about the extent of it.

I had my 8 week "assessment" last night at the gym, and BOY!!!! What a shock....:shock:
Although my loss over the 8 weeks was (pretty poor IMHO) at 1.8kg :cry: the PT seems to think it's more like 2.8kg because of body fat/muscle discrepancy
Waist = from 99cm to 95cm
Hips = from 113cm to 106cm
Shoulders circumference = 14cm (apparently the PT said visually she's noticed me each time I've gone into the gym, that I've been "shrinking inward"???) Isn't that what you do everywhere when you lose weight anyway???? :roll: :lol:
Pecks (apparently up about 1.5cm) which is indicative of muscle mass build up

I don't remember all the stats but the PT was over the moon; she kept telling me I had done an AMAZING job and that (her) scales which showed the body fat ratio clearly proved that though I may not have lost a lot of weight, I've shrunk in size but really done well in building muscle and reshaping!!! :wink: Mind you, this didn't come as a complete surprise, over the past 2 months, I've had to buy new clothes almost weekly!!! I'm happy (reading on the scales not ideal) but I'm swimming in even my smallest sized clothes AND my size 12 jeans (I still can't believe I wear even that small a size again) are looking baggy!!! :D

I'm being a tennis ball!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:51 am

My snacking was healthier options...but it was excessive.
It didn't seem to me so until my wife have me a gentle "hint".
Not that I needed it - deep down I knew it any way...just needed it voiced to confront myself about it.

I'm not saying this for you - you and yours are in a much better position to make that call.
Also you are going through a period that is about changing the make up of your body.
Turning flabby into muscular fitness. 8)
Your assessment is bearing that out!

That picture you sent me the other day also says the same thing.
My first gut instinct said that you didn't need to lose any more.
Which is what everyone was telling me at a similar stage in my weight loss. :roll:
Clothes hide a lot of the "sin" which they can't see but also at this stage a lot of subtle changes are happening.
During our rapid weight loss a lot of muscle went west as well...at this stage of the game that is being rebuilt.
Much of the weight loss that is occurring is being masked by this muscling.
The weight that is being lost is also coming from the small areas right around your body.
That weight adds up but because it isn't in one big lump it is less noticeable.

Doing very well - stay the course! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:06 am

Thanks Kim,
Yeah the "snacking" does concern me, and I have scrutinized it to death!!! "Was that too much??" and "maybe I should have had one less X" and such other thoughts but in all honesty, if you actually see what I eat you'd know my meal sizes are hardly anything to write home about. I tend to eat most vegetables not because I have to but because I am in love with them!! :lol: My vegetable stir fries can be on the "larger" side only because I pack in soooooooooo many veggies that the pan almost overflows!! :roll: I fill it with mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, cabbage, capsicum, chilli etc etc etc
As for my weight and people's view.....yeah, I've been told on many occasions that "that's enough" and that I should "stop"!! :roll:
I'm still plodding along, and my determination grows with every once of my being and every gram that the scale display rewards (or punishes) me with!!! :shock:
I WILL GET TO GOAL or die trying I reckon!!! :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:28 am

DD Diva wrote:I WILL GET TO GOAL or die trying I reckon!!! :lol: :lol:

Often during my weight loss journey I thought that dying was a real option.
One of the great comic ironies would have been dropping dead from excessive exercise in the attempt to get fit! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep your mind tough...and you will achieve your goals. 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:31 am

Blitz wrote: Keep your mind tough...and you will achieve your goals. 8)

It's definitely been "tough" and although I still have a way to go I'm pretty chuffed at the fact that I've made it into the 60's (at last)!!! :D

My loss this week: 1.2kg (from 71.0kg down to 69.8kg) and I'm elated!!! :D

It feels sooooooooooooooooo awesome to finally be in the 60's plus less than 10kg (or single digits) to goal!!! :shock: I'm officially "overweight" (I thought I had to be at least 68kg for this (hence my challenge goal) but it seems anything in the 69's for my height/age is considered this too). It feels good to be "overweight" instead of "obese" and certainly better than being "morbidly obese"!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:09 am

Congratulations Josie...all credit for your success!
Now that you are in the single figures stage...zero in on that final goal number! 8)

Do you know that you are only half a kilo heavier than I am? Soon you will be lighter than me! :shock: :D

What is your height Josie? I've got a couple of charts that I use to judge what range of weight people should be sitting around at.
Don't forget that loose skin has weight but skews "normal" readings of charts (loose isn't fat - just it's legacy!).

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:24 am

Thanks Kim,

Yes I will definitely keep the final goal in mind, and yes, that figure is taking into account an extra 1-2kg of loose skin. :oops: Basically I think for my age and height I should be around 58kg but I'm guessing that I have a couple (at most) that will be hanging about (as a reminder of what I've done to my poor body over the years) :cry:

My height is 153cm (a smig over 5 feet, by about a 1/4 inch) :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:47 am

I've checked your numbers and they seem to be about on track.

Like myself you may find that you will want to revise your maintenance weight once you get close to your goal.
By then you will be able to gauge more accurately how your body is going.
A lot of the charts around reflect old thinking about weight/height ranges.
The latest research believes that all these weights ought to be a few kilos heavier in any case.
So you may want to factor that in as well as the loose skin.

Before I got to goal I knew that sitting around that weight was too low for me even though chart wise it was on the conservative side.
I continued to goal because that was what I had set (and there was still a big safety margin from being underweight) but the very next day I climbed back up to travel in my maintenance range (3 kilos).
My upper maintenance range is just within "normal" limits for my height.
I probably should be sitting just over that but the idea of being in the overweight section is just a label that I couldn't live with.

Keep pressing forward - try to back a good weekly weigh in with another one! :)
Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:05 am

Thanks Kim,

Yes I will review my goal when I'm closer to it; but for now 60 is a good round number, it matches most BMI charts and it's achievable!!! So (for now) I'll keep plugging away!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:08 am

So how you going?
Have you bridged that 0.5kg gap yet and weigh the same as me? 8)
It will be good to follow a good result with a reasonable one...so go for it! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:16 am

Blitz wrote:So how you going?
Have you bridged that 0.5kg gap yet and weigh the same as me? 8)

hahahahahaha puleez..... :roll:
Sadly no! Though I can't complain, went out for dinner on Sunday night for my daughter's 21st (and although I made a healthy choice for my main, ended up having a rich ooey gooey dessert) and was up by about 500g the next morning!! :oops: Nevertheless, it came off easily enough (worked my a$$ off at the gym even harder to ensure it) and have returned to 69.8 since.

Problem is, this time of year is a real challenge. There are pre-Xmas bbqs, lunches and dinners planned at every turn and trying to keep things in check is tough!!! :?

Tomorrow we have a Xmas bbq and on Friday night a Xmas dinner with two separate work units that I'm part of!!! :roll:

So if at this week's weigh in I can manage to remain the same, I won't be just happy, I'll be AMAZED!!! :shock:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:38 am

But if you can get through the mad Christmas season in one piece - then you are laughing...nothing the other months throw at you can be so hard.
Raise to the challenge and swim against the stream! :shock: :wink:

Well...you fought back to 69.8kg after a 0.5kg gain...just another 0.5kg and you will be there! :wink:

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:08 am

Blitz wrote:But if you can get through the mad Christmas season in one piece - then you are laughing...nothing the other months throw at you can be so hard.
Raise to the challenge and swim against the stream! :shock: :wink:

Well...you fought back to 69.8kg after a 0.5kg gain...just another 0.5kg and you will be there! :wink:

Kim

Don't worry, I'll be fighting all the way!!

I've got a strategy; tomorrow's bbq I'm allowing myself JUST ONE sausage in a slice of bread, with a dash of sauce and a drink (water, diet coke, something low in sugar) and I'll sip on the drink while chatting and mingling with work colleagues.

At the dinner on Friday night (I've already studied the menu to death!) I'm going to order the grilled fish BUT ask them to hold the chips and tartare sauce, and up the amount of salad that comes with the fillets!!

If I can get through both of those unscathed, to even stay the same (only because my losses some weeks are woeful) I'll be a happy girl!!! :wink:
DD Diva

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting