It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:32 am

Free Newsletter

What's your weakness?????

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

What's your weakness?????

Postby DD Diva » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:37 pm

What's your weakness????

Bread
Pasta
Chocolate
Potato chips

What??? "All of the above" I hear you say!!! :shock: Ok ok....fair enough.....I didn't specify it had to be just one weakness!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mine's ICE-CREAM!!!! Must be the big kid in me, I just love the stuff, all flavours, all types and generally wayyyyyyyy too big a serve!! :oops: I have to always opt for ice-creams in a control portion, like those little tubs (single serve size) or on a stick because if I were to make the mistake of buying a litre (or more) tub, I'd keep digging the scoop in too many times!!! :roll: :oops:

How do you get around the "cravings" for those foods that make you weak at the knees???
Do you buy substitutes for those foods, or do you simply avoid any for of that food product because it's just too difficult to control yourself???
DD Diva

Re: What's your weakness?????

Postby CronicBadger » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:12 pm

Bread. I hate it. I love it. I hate it. I love it.

But I manage my craving by not having a great variety of toppings on hand. I shudder to imagine what a predicament I'd be in should the twinned evils of Nutella and Vegemite ever grace the top of a thickly buttered slice of toast. It'd be something akin to a matter-antimatter explosion. The paucity of toppings stops me from going nuts on the bread.

But there is one bread for which I would gladly be a guts and consume a large part of a loaf: Black Rye. Hmm, that and a good homemade sourdough. Mmm. Sourdough and olives and olive oil throughout it, plus dried tomato bits. They do those at the local farmers markets in Newcastle.

And wine. Good quality heavy red such as a Hunter Valley Shiraz or Merlot.

Bread and wine. *sigh*
CronicBadger

Postby DD Diva » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:13 am

I'm not a wine drinker, or at least very little alcohol except for the very rare and special occasion cocktail like the one before dinner with the VIP guys, I had my favourite....a grasshopper (yumm!!!)

But bread....mmmm.....now that's a different story!! :oops: I love bread and the smell of freshly baked bread!!! OMG...kill me now...I cannot, and simply don't know how to resist!! :oops:

Nothing wrong with bread and wine! It's got a certain spirituality about this union. After all, if was ok for Jesus and his guys, it can't be all bad,right??? :)
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:40 am

CronicBadger wrote:
Bread and wine. *sigh*

I have this vision of Marc at a church service on a Sunday morning for communion - confronting his twin evils...Bread and Wine! :shock: :lol:

As for myself, I've managed to break out of all the old unhealthy cravings (coke/roast chickens/chocolate bars etc) - none of them have controlling power over me now....except one!...Dutch Liquorice! Most Australians if they had a taste of them would spit it out with disgust! A Dutchman (or an immigrant's son - such as myself) would kill for it.

I have cans of coke in my pantry untouched by me unless I need them for my magic show (I use them for a magic trick). They leave me totally unmoved now (I was once a litre a day guy). Roast chicken...I have a quarter serve once a week - in the old days I would have at least half a roast chook for lunch each day. I rarely have chocolate bars (Cherry Ripe/Flake/Bounty/Mars Bars etc) these days. Maybe once every three months I'll have one of those fun pack size bars...just enough to remind me that I'm not missing anything great. Not bad for a guy who would eat many of these bars daily...so much so that I carried Quik Eze always to ease the stomach flux caused by them.

But I can't handle eating Dutch Liquorice responsibly yet. If I buy a small pack of them I just can't have one and save the rest until the next day...the pack has got to be scoffed right then and there. So I don't buy them. I haven't broken the craving link for them so absence is the best policy. This is a very deep craving link for me...there is a lot of fond childhood memories and cultural linkage that will take a long time to retrain out of.
But it will happen...just not yet! :roll:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:23 am

CronicBadger wrote:Bread. I hate it. I love it. I hate it. I love it.

But I manage my craving by not having a great variety of toppings on hand. I shudder to imagine what a predicament I'd be in should the twinned evils of Nutella and Vegemite ever grace the top of a thickly buttered slice of toast. It'd be something akin to a matter-antimatter explosion. The paucity of toppings stops me from going nuts on the bread.

:lol: :lol:

This made me laugh so hard. Oh, do I love bread...but it has only really been recently and I mean ALL types of bread. I try to stick to wholemeal sandwich bread but I love even that! My ultimate weakness is Woolworth's hamburger rolls. And whilst calorie wise they aren't TOO bad...I need to steer clear of them!!! Strange considering I'm usually craving chocolate and ice cream (Josie, I feel for you!!!) but lately it has been bread and SUSHI. I love Sushi...this year is the first year I've ever been to a sushi train. I'm obsessed! :lol: The seared salmon and tempura prawn ones with sweet chilli sauce...oh boy. Probably a good thing that my pallet is starting to change, I'm certain a bit of sushi or bread is far better than a punnet of ice cream!

Oh, Josie, by the way...have you seen the new Connoisseur ice cream range? There is one called Nero and it's coffee ice cream with hazelnuts and hazelnut liqueur :shock: IT. IS. BREATHTAKING.
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:07 pm

ganymede wrote: This made me laugh so hard. Oh, do I love bread...but it has only really been recently and I mean ALL types of bread. I try to stick to wholemeal sandwich bread but I love even that! My ultimate weakness is Woolworth's hamburger rolls. And whilst calorie wise they aren't TOO bad...I need to steer clear of them!!! Strange considering I'm usually craving chocolate and ice cream (Josie, I feel for you!!!) but lately it has been bread and SUSHI. I love Sushi...this year is the first year I've ever been to a sushi train. I'm obsessed! :lol: The seared salmon and tempura prawn ones with sweet chilli sauce...oh boy. Probably a good thing that my pallet is starting to change, I'm certain a bit of sushi or bread is far better than a punnet of ice cream!

Oh, Josie, by the way...have you seen the new Connoisseur ice cream range? There is one called Nero and it's coffee ice cream with hazelnuts and hazelnut liqueur :shock: IT. IS. BREATHTAKING.

SHELLEY......YOU'RE KILLING ME, WOMAN!!!! :shock: :lol: :lol:

I know, they are to die for!!!! :D

My favourite ice-creams of late, believe it or not are everyday coles brands, nothing fancy....but that new one they recently advertised PEANUT BUTTER and there's another, a COFFEE CHOC CRUNCH....OMG!!!! :shock: :oops: They are soooooooooooooooooo yummy, and worse thing about the tubs, they're too small to feed a family but way too big for one person!!! Mind you, I could easily sit there and devour the entire container, without ANY problem!!!! Just pass me a spoon....!!!! :oops:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:33 pm

Put the spoon down now lady and back away from that ice cream or I will shoot! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh the things we put ourselves through! :wink: :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:55 pm

:lol: :lol: We just cannot help ourselves!!! :shock:

I do enjoy the Frozen yoghurt paddle pops as an alternative, so yummy and only 79 calories!! ;)
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Blitz » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:36 pm

That's it!...healthy alternatives...healthy alternatives! :shock: :lol: :wink:

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:57 pm

Adams apples,hairy chests,height,and a nice smile....:-) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby DD Diva » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:02 pm

tinkerbella wrote:Adams apples,hairy chests,height,and a nice smile....:-) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:

Interesting....Not sure if these weaknesses are in the calorie counter or points guide, either way they can be helpful to keep one motivated with their weight loss but sadly it may not do too well in keeping marriage healthy!!!! :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:24 pm

tinkerbella wrote:Adams apples,hairy chests,height,and a nice smile....:-) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:

But not on a girl...well maybe the smile! :lol: :wink:

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:25 pm

Blitz wrote:

But not on a girl...well maybe the smile! :lol: :wink:

Kim

well I don't know never tried it...
oh and I love a nice deep voice...and like a naughty side but only a naughty side with me,but u usually find the naughty boys arnt only naughty with one girl but enjoy being naughty with more...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby DD Diva » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:36 pm

Goodness, we'll be comparing 1900 numbers next!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:16 pm

DD Diva wrote:Goodness, we'll be comparing 1900 numbers next!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What's a 1900 number?...and how come you know about them? :wink: :lol:

Let's get back on topic...
One weakness that I've seen a lot (ie on this Forum) is the dwelling on foods (bread/chocolate/ice cream etc). What I've tried (with a lot of success) is to keep these foods at as much arms length as possible. When I shop I for example I just zap past these aisles without the contents of them registering. It's like the adage "out of sight - out of mind" or to re-phase it "out of mind - out of mouth!".

Kim
Blitz

Next

Return to Just Chatting