It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:16 am

Free Newsletter

What's your weakness?????

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: What's your weakness?????

Postby DD Diva » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:23 pm

Blitz wrote:
DD Diva wrote:Goodness, we'll be comparing 1900 numbers next!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What's a 1900 number?...and how come you know about them? :wink: :lol:

Let's get back on topic...
One weakness that I've seen a lot (ie on this Forum) is the dwelling on foods (bread/chocolate/ice cream etc). What I've tried (with a lot of success) is to keep these foods at as much arms length as possible. When I shop I for example I just zap past these aisles without the contents of them registering. It's like the adage "out of sight - out of mind" or to re-phase it "out of mind - out of mouth!".

Kim

Sitting up late at night, flicking channels and seeing those cheesy sleezy ads (husky voice) "Hi my name's.....why don't you call me? Call me now...!!!" :shock: Anyhoo... :roll:

For me personally, I do factor in the "naughty" stuff (the kind that won't cost me my marriage) :oops: and because I do I find I don't "crave" it/them as much (still talkin' food here people; let's keep it clean, shall we??!!) :shock: :lol: :lol:

As time has gone on, I find that what I really enjoy more than most things is a plate piled high with vegetables!!! Is that bad??? I mean, I know portion control and all that, but I can't get enough of them....I can easily devour a plate full of broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, brussel sprouts and squash, like it was going out of fashion!!! And I don't put anything on them, I just steam them, sprinkle a little salt and pepper to taste, and dig in!!! :D
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:35 pm

I think what happens as we lessen fat, sugar and salt from our food intake we start to appreciate the more subtle complex tastes of other foods...and start to lean towards them more.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:38 pm

Blitz wrote:I think what happens as we lessen fat, sugar and salt from our food intake we start to appreciate the more subtle complex tastes of other foods...and start to lean towards them more.

Sooooooo true!!! :wink:
Years ago, I wouldn't have been seen in the same room with a brussel sprout let alone consume them by the kilos!!! :shock: :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby JP1 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:07 pm

Pizza
Bread - especially crusty and exotic breads, Naans, Middle East etc
Ice Cream
Chocolate

Savoury and Sweet tooth..
:mrgreen:
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby DD Diva » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:07 pm

JP1 wrote:Pizza
Bread - especially crusty and exotic breads, Naans, Middle East etc
Ice Cream
Chocolate

Savoury and Sweet tooth..
:mrgreen:

Definitely, bread seems to be most people's weakness!! All types of breads, there's just nothing it especially when just freshly baked!!! :D

Pizza is yummy, though I now like to make my own using (yep pita bread!) and pile on lots of veggies like caramlised onion, mushrooms, olives, capsicum etc
Chocolate, well....what can I say??? It's well one of life's pleasurable indulgences!!
But ice-cream.....OMG.....cannot resist!!! :oops:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:21 am

What's your weakness?????
Here is the short list:
FOOD!
:shock: :lol:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!