It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:20 pm

Free Newsletter

What did you do today????

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

What did you do today????

Postby DD Diva » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:16 pm

Wasn't it a glorious day today? The sun was shining (so nice to see blue skies, and no clouds)!! :D

Day off from work today, and spent the day with a girlfriend (she doesn't work; is a sweet lady and I always tease her about being a "kept woman"!!!) and the two of us were "ladies of leisure" today!!!

She reckons I'm always so mega-stressed because I work long hours, but I have to keep reminding her, that's only for 3 days!!! I don't work a full week at the moment. But she says I do more in 3 days than most do in a full week (though I don't agree, it does feel that way sometimes) so when I do have the day off, it's nice to relax!!! And having weather like today, makes it even easier to kick back and enjoy all that life offers.

I sooooooo love the warmer weather!!! :wink: :D
DD Diva

Re: What did you do today????

Postby Blitz » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:40 pm

Got two new tyres and a new brake light for the car.
Did the Jumble Word and the Sudoku at the shopping centre while waiting for them to put them on.
Then took my mum out for a coffee and bought bananas (that's all I could afford after the $328 for the tyres and light!
Another tough day! :lol: ).

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:58 pm

You must be making a bundle Kim,
bananas we cant get them for anything less than $3-50 a kg....

I love a good banana,
can you remember what you paid for them,just out of interest?
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby ganymede » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:07 pm

I spent the majority of my day working hard for the money at work :P Nice to get off at 3:30 though then went and saw my ridiculously attractive chiropractor :lol: So got my back pain sorted out, came home, chucked on some music and danced the afternoon away ;) Nothing like a good ol' dance to make you feel good!

Glad you had a nice day off Josie, it certainly sounds very relaxing! :mrgreen:
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:37 pm

Blitz wrote:Got two new tyres and a new brake light for the car.
Did the Jumble Word and the Sudoku at the shopping centre while waiting for them to put them on.
Then took my mum out for a coffee and bought bananas (that's all I could afford after the $328 for the tyres and light!
Another tough day! :lol: ).

Kim

Man, tyres are costly aren't they??? :roll: My hubby got new tyres (though I can't recall how much exactly; it was a few months ago) it sure was a costly exercise!!! :shock: Suppose it can't be helped avoided, it may be difficult to cough up that kind of money but it'd be even more difficult (umm...no....impossible) getting the vehicle moving without those babies!!! :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:43 pm

ganymede wrote:I spent the majority of my day working hard for the money at work :P Nice to get off at 3:30 though then went and saw my ridiculously attractive chiropractor :lol: So got my back pain sorted out, came home, chucked on some music and danced the afternoon away ;) Nothing like a good ol' dance to make you feel good!

Glad you had a nice day off Josie, it certainly sounds very relaxing! :mrgreen:

Hey Shelley,
Glad you got yourself straightened out?!! :lol: :lol: And It seem Dr RA not only straightened out the kinks in your back, he put a spring in your step that made you dance the afternoon away!!! You should asked him to join in!!!! :wink: Seriously, glad you're feeling better. :D

It was a lovely afternoon, my girlfriend is a talker (and as you know) so am I, and between us...we nattered away like a set of old dentures!!! :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:16 pm

The banana cost $4.40kg but the fruit and veg had them at $3.99kg but they were too green.
Queensland is the cheapest place for bananas.

As for tyres. I've had a bad run on them lately. Three flats in the last few months. I live the end of a cul de suc and every screw on the road ends up at my drive way (my neighbour had a house fire and a lot of tradies have been coming and going from there). Managed to get them all repaired but one of the tyres gave up the ghost last Monday night and the trend came away. I was stranded by the freeway waiting for a tow track (my spare was at home - repaired but with no air in it). Here's the lesson...when handed a lemon - make lemonade! I use the time waiting for the tow truck to jogging for an hour up and down that section of the freeway. :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:33 pm

But Kim, you could have got the same amount of benefit from a HIT (High Intensity Training) job and not risked get run over on the freeway!!! :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:35 pm

jog!!!
Sorry HIT jog (not job!!) seriously, can we puleeeeez add a spell-checker feature to the forum (I'm desparate....desperate....errr) I'd really like one!!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:22 am

What a glorious day outside (well it is here in sunny Melbourne) and I hope it is wherever you are too!! :D
Seems that spring (which is just around the corner) has put in an early appearance, and it is such a nice change to the dreary, icy cold mornings of late!!

I'm off to work today (no hanging about being all "leisurely" today)!!! :oops: But for those of you who are fortunate enough to have the day off, do make the most of this weather, get out there and take in some of that wonderful Vitamin D. :wink:

ENJOY THE DAY!!! :wink: :D
DD Diva

Postby CronicBadger » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:02 pm

I spent the morning at a meeting to organising an upcoming speech contest and showing someone how to update the content of a website. Near the end of the demonstration my laptop computer's backlight switched off without warning. Arrgh! I suspect a broken connection. Unfortunately laptops are finicky and time-consuming things to repair and I'm not looking forward to opening it up.
CronicBadger

Postby DD Diva » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:03 pm

CronicBadger wrote:I spent the morning at a meeting to organising an upcoming speech contest and showing someone how to update the content of a website. Near the end of the demonstration my laptop computer's backlight switched off without warning. Arrgh! I suspect a broken connection. Unfortunately laptops are finicky and time-consuming things to repair and I'm not looking forward to opening it up.

ARRRGGHHHHH....that must have been soooooooooo frustrating!!! I feel your pain Marc, truly I do!!! :cry:
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:05 pm

I had a fantastic day, although at work, I went out for a walk around the uni campus with a group of girls from the office and we walked and talked for what seemed like minutes but turned out to be over an hour!!! :shock: The weather was just glorious, and thankfully no one noticed we had gone passed our hourly lunch break because they too were outside soaking up some of that wonderful sunshine!!! :wink: 8)
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:47 pm

Another gorgeous day in Melbourne today; foggy start, but soon turned into an early spring sensation!!!
I did it again, went for a walk with the girls from the office, which is just as well because one of them was finishing up today to go on maternity leave and there was lots of stuff for her morning tea; cake, biscuits, chocolate....oh dear!!! :shock: :oops:
Nevertheless, it was a real fun morning tea, you could say a lot of "natter on baby patter" and thankfully not too much reaching for the goodies filled platter!!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:50 pm

More walking and talking and not so much of the eating...sounds like a good mix to me! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Next

Return to Just Chatting