It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:58 pm

Free Newsletter

reasons behind your user name..

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

reasons behind your user name..

Postby tinkerbella » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:03 pm

why did you pick your user name??

Tinkerbella

I felt it sounded just like me tinky and also sounded like a ballerina ..
giving myself a little stick as I could never have been a ballerina...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Re: reasons behind your user name..

Postby Blitz » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:10 pm

Mine was a no brainer...I'm known professionally around Perth as Blitz the Magician.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:10 am

That's good to know, Kim, I didn't realise that! :)

Well, mine is pretty self explanatory. It's a moon of Jupiter, one of my favourites, I love astronomy...and I think my usual username I use elsewhere of "shelltree" may have already been taken :P
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby CronicBadger » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:56 pm

Mine is part of the name of a computer game I was writing 20 years ago but had to shelve it due to technical difficulties and a shrinking market. I use it in several forums just as a reminder that one day I will have to go back and complete it.
CronicBadger

Postby admin » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:46 pm

In this forum I use admin but I play words with friends and my username is prince bunny...due to our pet rabbit thinking he is the prince of the house...funny when people play words with friends they tend to think I am a male....
admin
Site Admin

Postby DD Diva » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:40 pm

DD was my former bra size!! No longer, which is just as well, as just "Diva" will do!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:15 pm

CronicBadger wrote:Mine is part of the name of a computer game I was writing 20 years ago but had to shelve it due to technical difficulties and a shrinking market. I use it in several forums just as a reminder that one day I will have to go back and complete it.

I thought it was because you like rambling in the bush and like. What was the setting and aim of the computer game?

Kim
Blitz

Postby Blitz » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:25 pm

admin wrote:In this forum I use admin but I play words with friends and my username is prince bunny...due to our pet rabbit thinking he is the prince of the house...funny when people play words with friends they tend to think I am a male....

You really do like rabbits! :)
In the old days of newsgroups I use to hang out on a group of house rabbit obsessed people. It was a delightful group full of the wonderful antics of their rabbits! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:45 pm

Shhhhhh....hush now, don't speak ill of the beloved bunnie.....there's bound to be one lurking in the shadows!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (6.35 KiB) Viewed 912 times
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:38 am

Let's get the whole picture in there! What a fabulous movie it is too!

Kim
Attachments
harveyandjimmy.jpg
harveyandjimmy.jpg (53.81 KiB) Viewed 906 times
Blitz

Postby Blitz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:55 am

ganymede wrote:Well, mine is pretty self explanatory. It's a moon of Jupiter, one of my favourites, I love astronomy...and I think my usual username I use elsewhere of "shelltree" may have already been taken :P

Do you know that I knew that you loved astronomy but it took me ages to link your user name to it? It happened to me the other day - I was driving along and then the connection was made with a "doh"! :lol:
Don't know why it took so long...my second favourite science fiction book of all time begins it's story on Ganymede ('The Runaway Robot' by Lester del Rey).

So why "shelltree"? Please tell me so it won't take me another six months to work it out! :wink:

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:01 am

Yes indeed Kim, I loved that movie too. Though I was torn between my love of the character and his sidekick, the fictitious giant bunny!!! :D
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:20 am

:lol: Don't you worry, Kim, I think I've done the same thing with my own user name. I always forget it's Ganymede because I'm so use to using shelltree.

Anyway, the story behind shelltree is that when I was first dating my ex, we use to talk on MSN a lot (actually we spoke a lot on MSN before we started dating and that's when we decided to meet up and hang out again) and one particular time he called me shelltree and I dunno, you know when you're first with someone and everything they say is nice and affectionate? :P Well, I really liked that name and it just stuck I guess. He probably doesn't remember that :roll: and I SHOULD really change it but...all my accounts are the same now, would be a pain to change them! :lol:
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Blitz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:56 pm

DD Diva wrote:Yes indeed Kim, I loved that movie too. Though I was torn between my love of the character and his sidekick, the fictitious giant bunny!!! :D

Fictitious? I thought the whole point of the movie was that he was really real! The crazy man actually was the only sane (and truly at peace within himself and the world) person in the whole movie. He's real I tell you (he said as the men with the white jacket drags him away)! :lol: :wink:

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:58 pm

Oh but of course he's real!!! :D :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Next

Return to Just Chatting