It is currently Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:54 am

Free Newsletter

reasons behind your user name..

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: reasons behind your user name..

Postby tinkerbella » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:39 pm

My husband doesn't like too dance,so he always says if I get asked too make sure I go and enjoy myself,so when I get asked im up and into it..as ive got older I do a lot more of the asking and I tend too go straight too the younger ones....

I probably frighten the censored out of them,think look at this old girl wanting some fresh meat...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby DD Diva » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:48 pm

tinkerbella wrote:My husband doesn't like too dance,so he always says if I get asked too make sure I go and enjoy myself,so when I get asked im up and into it..as ive got older I do a lot more of the asking and I tend too go straight too the younger ones....

I probably frighten the censored out of them,think look at this old girl wanting some fresh meat...

No I don't believe that's what they're thinking at all. I think there are plenty of young men who like to dance, and the girls their own ages are too busy giggling or fussing about to enjoy themselves, so when someone actually asks them (regardless of age) many of them are quite chuffed about it. Good for you!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby spanishgirl » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:54 pm

Hey Diva and Tinkerbella thanks for making me feel welcomed and I love being asked questions at least it keeps the forums alive :D

My father is from Uruguay and my mum is from Spain and I was born in Melbourne.

I have a few Argentinian friends too which we go out to dance on the weekends (latin clubs) and we have great fun. My mother also loves to go out with us and dance its just in our bloods.

I was wondering if there is an alert email system when I receive a message on the forums because is hard to keep up with so many threads.

Thanks for being patient with me as I am new to this site.

Has anyone also heard about calorie king site. Not many chat on there anymore for some reason
Height: 154cm
Was: 45kg
Goal Weight: 55kg
Current Weight: 72kg
spanishgirl

Postby DD Diva » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:00 pm

spanishgirl wrote:Hey Diva and Tinkerbella thanks for making me feel welcomed and I love being asked questions at least it keeps the forums alive :D

My father is from Uruguay and my mum is from Spain and I was born in Melbourne.

I have a few Argentinian friends too which we go out to dance on the weekends (latin clubs) and we have great fun. My mother also loves to go out with us and dance its just in our bloods.

I was wondering if there is an alert email system when I receive a message on the forums because is hard to keep up with so many threads.

Thanks for being patient with me as I am new to this site.

Has anyone also heard about calorie king site. Not many chat on there anymore for some reason

Hey Natalie,

Sorry to hear things are quite at Calor King site, but don't worry about it, we're a nice bunch here anyways!!! :wink: :lol:

What a fantastic background, with that much Spanish in the family, no wonder you have a natural love of dancing!! Good for you!! Dance away, it's not only good for keeping you fit, but music is great for the soul and keeping you young (even if at my age, it's only at heart)!!! :oops: :D

Not sure about the email alerts, I don't know if this forum has that feature, maybe Kim (aka Blitz) will be able to shed some light when he logs in and reads this post.

Anyway, welcome again, and we hope you enjoy it here!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby DD Diva » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:01 pm

Ummmm......that's "quiet" over at Calorie King!
My typing is atrocious today; I can't seem to get my words right or finish them!!! And one of the downsides on posting here, you can't go back and "edit" them which is a bit of a pain!!! :(
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:40 am

Well...you can have an edit button but you got to be a moderator to get one!
Keep working at it Josie one day you never know you might get one! :wink:

Welcome spanishhgirl! :D

The easiest way to keep track of new posts is to click on 'unread posts' after you have logged on. You will then be able to keep on top of the new posts - that's what I do...and get my nose into everyone's threads :lol: . If you go into you 'User Control Panel' you will be able to custom a few of your settings - like notifications of pm's. Also you can view just your posts in the heading aptly titled 'view your posts' if you just want to deal with threads that you have posted to.

I've got a friend who recently has taken up rock n roll dancing big time. He has lost kilos of weight and has gotten real fit. Dancing is a marvellous way to go. 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Blitz » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:08 am

Found a picture of my rabbit Wish today.
Since he was mentioned in this thread I thought you might want to see a picture of him - he is the one on the left. :wink:

Kim
Attachments
blitzrab03.jpg
blitzrab03.jpg (78.3 KiB) Viewed 603 times
Blitz

Postby admin » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:42 am

OMG - what a cutie pie....love Wish....why Wish if you don't mind me asking.

Now I have to share mine.....Bunny (yes original)
Attachments
Bunny3.jpg
Bunny3.jpg (21.17 KiB) Viewed 603 times
Bunny2.jpg
Bunny2.jpg (23.01 KiB) Viewed 603 times
admin
Site Admin

Postby DD Diva » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:49 am

OMG!!!!!!!!!! They are both gorgeous bunnies; Sharelle and Kim.....your little furry friends are just tooooooooooooooo cute!!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby kezzstar24 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:58 pm

I've had the same username all over the internet since I was about 9. I've always been Kezza at school, but being the hip 13-15 year old I was, I signed my name with a star at the end instead of an A. That turned into Kezzstar, which became Kezzstar24 when I got a new favourite Lions player.

I can't believe my username has stuck for so long, I feel a bit old now!
kezzstar24

Postby Blitz » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:53 am

admin wrote:OMG - what a cutie pie....love Wish....why Wish if you don't mind me asking.

Now I have to share mine.....Bunny (yes original)

Your Bunny reminds me of a rabbit I had for a little while (a "loaner" rabbit from my rabbit breeder while I was waiting for Wish to be born). Nordic had beautiful markings like your's. He too had a wonderful nature and quickly stole our hearts. Indeed when it was time to give him back we nearly didn't. But a magician is expected to have a white rabbit...so a white rabbit it had to be.

My first rabbit's name was Bliss and my second one was called Blitzen. I was going to call Wish a name starting with the letter "B" as well but couldn't think of one magical enough. Came very close to calling him either "Harry" (lots of famous magicians who's first name was Harry) or "Houdini" but the magical name Wish suddenly entered my head.
Why "Wish" for a name? Because every time a kid comes to pat him they say " I WISH he was mine!" :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby Blitz » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:05 am

kezzstar24 wrote:I've had the same username all over the internet since I was about 9. I've always been Kezza at school, but being the hip 13-15 year old I was, I signed my name with a star at the end instead of an A. That turned into Kezzstar, which became Kezzstar24 when I got a new favourite Lions player.

I can't believe my username has stuck for so long, I feel a bit old now!

Thanks for sharing that "Kezza". It is interesting to read such stories as your's. What seems such a random and on the spur thought up name actually has very deep roots. 8)

I don't know about feeling a bit old...the internet isn't that old. :wink:
I had my 23rd wedding anniversary last Sunday (I was a child groom). My wife remarked on the card she gave me that she was 46 years old and now had spent exactly half her life married to me (I'm not sure she meant that to be a good thing or not :shock: )...now that makes you feel a bit old! :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby admin » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:36 am

Wish is a great name....I have to take our rabbit to the vet on Sat...he goes every 1/4 for a pedicure and manicure, anyway that's what I tell him....just to cut his nails as they grow so long and his yearly calicivirus vaccination ... boy is there drama and carry on as he hates it.
Give Wish a big kiss from us in Melbourne!
admin
Site Admin

Postby Blitz » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:09 pm

admin wrote:Wish is a great name....I have to take our rabbit to the vet on Sat...he goes every 1/4 for a pedicure and manicure, anyway that's what I tell him....just to cut his nails as they grow so long and his yearly calicivirus vaccination ... boy is there drama and carry on as he hates it.
Give Wish a big kiss from us in Melbourne!

It's not easy cutting the nails. Wish however is real easy - doesn't move a muscle but the other rabbits I had have turned it into a major operation to achieve. I'm still gun shy from the experience and put it off as long as possible.

Wish a little while back had a cyst on his neck that had to be cut out. Cost me hundreds of dollars. Vets aren't cheap. Good thing the "little boy" is part of the family (and much loved) or the economics of buying another $50 rabbit as a replacement would come into play! :shock: :wink:

Rabbits rule! 8)
Kim
Blitz

Previous

Return to Just Chatting