It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:08 pm

Free Newsletter

Annual WLF event

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Annual WLF event

Postby DD Diva » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:11 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm not sure how this will go down, but it's just a thought (so be gentle with me okay?) :oops:

I was thinking that it would be a great idea, if once a year, we had an actual face-to-face catch up of forum members, maybe a weigh in followed by a lunch (all healthy of course) in one of our home cities, which could be rotated each year so that we have one in everyone's city at some point???

What do you think???? :D I figured we all seem to "go on holidays" and "weekend get-aways" so why not an interstate trip once a year, to catch up with other WLF members at an annual gathering???? It could be posted on the forum page, and we may even get some of lurkers to attend as well; wouldn't that be great???!!! :D

Who's in????????
:wink:
DD Diva

Re: Annual WLF event

Postby Blitz » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:39 am

Sounds like a great idea...for you guys at the wrong end of Australia. :wink:
I would love to catch up with you all face to face but Perth is a long way from the rest of you guys unless you all fancy a trip over this way I don't think I could manage it currently. :(

I do like the idea in principle, it would be a great motivator and team building exercise (who knows may be able to get in some real group exercise in as well :shock: ). 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:45 am

Blitz wrote:Sounds like a great idea...for you guys at the wrong end of Australia. :wink:
I would love to catch up with you all face to face but Perth is a long way from the rest of you guys unless you all fancy a trip over this way I don't think I could manage it currently. :(

I do like the idea in principle, it would be a great motivator and team building exercise (who knows may be able to get in some real group exercise in as well :shock: ). 8)

Kim

Cool!! First meeting can be in Perth!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:12 am

In that case count me in! I have no excuse! :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:46 am

Blitz wrote:In that case count me in! I have no excuse! :lol:

Kim

Great!! :D But we'll see what the others think, and of course, it has to be well in advance, we can't expect people to just up and fly interstate. If everyone agrees maybe we can make it a pre-Christmas gathering???
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:59 pm

It would be great to get together face to face.
Someone once said to me that I was inspiring to them because they actual knew me personally (rather than seeing someone in the media and like) who had lost a huge amount of weight. It made the possibility of succeeding more possible to them.
I would love for you guys to actually step into my old pants (literally) and see the vastness of the waist around you and look at me standing before you - surely that would inspire you. Or to flick through my weight loss book and see each daily entry of my weight loss journey to understand how each small step brings you closer to victory. 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:54 am

DD Diva wrote:
Blitz wrote:In that case count me in! I have no excuse! :lol:

Kim

Great!! :D But we'll see what the others think, and of course, it has to be well in advance, we can't expect people to just up and fly interstate. If everyone agrees maybe we can make it a pre-Christmas gathering???

pre Christmas,
I don't no about you guys but December is busy busy busy,
im sure Kim would be the same with his line of work also,all the party's im sure Kim would be fully booked...my Decembers gone..
I sure would be in for a meet and greet but I think you have too think of a better time of year..
and also a lot more thought has too be put into a middle location..
or a vote re location ..

would be so nice too meet the 6 posters ....so in saying that where is everybody ?? theres two from the coast nsw lol so maybe it might be a better idea having it on the coast :lol: :lol: I would be only two happy too put a few up out of the 6...would you put up a few DD Diva and your toy boy??
no what a great idea DD Diva your right on the money with that one...
just hope its somewhere warm.... :lol:
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby DD Diva » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:59 am

"Toy boy" and I would be more than happy to put up anyone willing to come down under!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby tinkerbella » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:00 am

its ever so interesting too meet people from forums :lol: :lol: :lol:

they sound so interesting and you think these people are great in most cases,then you meet them and you go oh boy...I use too chatter with a person on a forum,and when we meet it was like censored do you even have a voice,i chatted away and was nice and she had nothing at all too offer.was even hard for her too say hello...yet she was a card on the forum and full of life...I thought this girls so lovely and funny and in life she didn't have a bloody thing...was extremely interesting,i said too my husband can you believe that..we both cracked up and couldn't believe how she sat there and said not a bloody thing,her husband was lovely and chatted away but she was like knock knock any personality???

so could be the same if we all meet we might sit there looking at each other going hello,anybody home??

oh wouldn't that be fun too fly too WA for lol..
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby tinkerbella » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:01 am

DD Diva wrote:"Toy boy" and I would be more than happy to put up anyone willing to come down under!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:

ok count me in for 6 :lol: :lol: :lol:
I better keep my eye on my husband wouldn't want him running after the cougar.. :D :wink:
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:43 am

After Christmas is always better for me than before Christmas.

I think that Perth will end up getting out voted by the eastern staters...darn that ternary of distance! :wink:

Kim
Blitz

Return to Just Chatting