It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:32 am

Free Newsletter

Belief

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Belief

Postby Blitz » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:48 am

I think the biggest reason why people don't succeed in weight loss is a lack of belief.
As the late Howard Hendricks put it "Those that think they can't - can't and those that think that they can - can...and both of them are right!"

Here are some propositions. How many of them do you believe are possible for you?
    Proposition 1: Could you lose 87 kilos in 14 months?
    Proposition 2: Could you lose 6.21kilos in a month?
    Proposition 3: Could you lose 1.45 kilos in a week?

If you answered "no" to these propositions maybe it shows lack of belief in yourself.
They are possible results...I know...they are my weight loss results.
87 kilos in 14 months averages out to 6.21kilos monthly and 1.45 kilos weekly.
"But I'm not you" I hear you cry out. Yes, that is true - and you're not me.
Each of us have our own unique strengths and weaknesses.
We need to learn to play up our strengths and deal with our weaknesses.
It is easy to dismiss what I'm saying by making me out as some freak of nature.
If you make what I've done superhuman then you can comfort yourself in unbelief in your own ability to have a similar result.

Let me list some of my weakness which could have kneecapped my belief in achieving success if I had let it:
    1.) Lack of knowledge; I had no previous experience in trying to lose weight - I was clueless.
    2.) Embarked on the weight loss journey 27 days shy of my 52nd birthday.
    3.) Huge belly hernia; any violent exercise could land me in hospital or even kill me!
    4.) Chronic asthmatic; walking from the front door to the letterbox literally would require medication to easy my lungs.
    5.) Had bad back; only a short period on my feet would set it off severe pains.
    6.) Ingrown toe nails; literally making walking very painful.
    7.) Running a business with unpredictable hours - especially weekends.
    8.) Couldn't afford fancy sports gear, gym membership or personal training and the like.
    9.) Full family commitments; husband and father as well as doing the right thing towards my mum and dad (who need special care that year).
    10.) Full church commitments; being an Elder of my church means doing a host of duties that are unsung.
That is just a few of them. I could have used them as excuses why I could not achieve what I wanted to do. I chose belief in spite of them. They were the circumstances of my life - not reasons for not achieving.

Here is a final proposition that is modest.
Maybe it is something that you can belief that you can do and achieve.
    Proposition 4: Could you lose just 2 or 3 GRAMS a day?
If you have belief that you can do this last proposition, I have good news for you.
If you can do this - you can achieve the other three propositions that I've made.
My daily weight loss average was just 0.20714286 kg - that is closer to 2 grams a day than three grams! All you have to do is that for 420 days.

As we approach the New Year...isn't it time for you to step up and have belief?
Believe that you can - and you can!

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Re: Belief

Postby DD Diva » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:52 am

Blitz wrote:I think the biggest reason why people don't succeed in weight loss is a lack of belief.
As the late Howard Hendricks put it "Those that think they can't - can't and those that think that they can - can...and both of them are right!"

Here are some propositions. How many of them do you believe are possible for you?
    Proposition 1: Could you lose 87 kilos in 14 months?
    Proposition 2: Could you lose 6.21kilos in a month?
    Proposition 3: Could you lose 1.45 kilos in a week?

If you answered "no" to these propositions maybe it shows lack of belief in yourself.

Believe that you can - and you can!

Kim

Proposition 5: Could you lose a mere 500 grams (half a kilo) a week?

Still saying "no"?????????? Then maybe you need to be realistic because a 500g loss is more than achievable to the average person; it can be as little as giving up just one weekly indulgence e.g. sacrificing that blueberry muffin with your daily morning coffee (x 2); that's right, instead of having that muffin 5 (working) days each week just have it 3 times and you'll see a loss of 500g!! I know, I did it.........and so can you!!!

As Kim says it's about "believing that you can" .........BELIEVE AND ACHIEVE!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Re: Belief

Postby Blitz » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:23 am

A fair enough proposition Josie! 8)
I was in a bit of a hurry losing my weight (not as fast as I had hoped)...being convinced that it is a life or death matter will do that to you! :lol:

The structure of my propositions was to lure people away from unbelief and see that what they believe to be impossible for them can actually be achievable. That is why they are laid out as they are. Rejecting Proposition 1 to 3 seems sensible and accepting Proposition 4 by comparison is reasonable - but Proposition 4 is exactly the same as the other three. It is only belief that makes the difference.

Belief is so important - it is the gateway to success! :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Just Chatting