It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:59 am

Free Newsletter

Shocker of a Day

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Shocker of a Day

Postby Blitz » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:07 am

Yep...had a shocker of a day yesterday.

Loaded up the car and the family (rabbit included) for an job in the country with a promised overnight stay in free accommodation.
An hour down the Freeway the car's motor gives up the ghost big time (real ugly sounds coming from under the bonnet...this is going to cost me serious money! :shock: :roll: ).
Had to be towed all the way home...caught in Friday peak traffic.
So much for a little family holiday break...got home and had to unload the gear from the car - including the bathroom scales...
maintenance doesn't take a holiday. :lol:

The icing on the cake is that while waiting on the breakdown service (and the tow truck after that) I couldn't check this Forum because apparently my mobile phone is banned from this site! :shock: :lol:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Re: Shocker of a Day

Postby Divalicious » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:13 am

Blitz wrote: The icing on the cake is that while waiting on the breakdown service (and the tow truck after that) I couldn't check this Forum because apparently my mobile phone is banned from this site! :shock: :lol:

Maybe because your phone is set to track your steps (whilst your running) not checking/posting on a weight loss forum!!! :lol:

Nevertheless, you appear to have coped well Kim, I'd have spat it like a baby, and devoured (not just the icing, but) the whole cake!!! :shock: :oops:
136.0kg - Heaviest weight (1/1/12)
126.6kg - Starting weight (1/1/13)
60.0kg - Goal weight
63.3kg - Current weight

Divalicious

Postby Blitz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:34 am

The phone is back to normal now...the ghost in the machine has gone away. :lol:

As for coping...no choice - it is what it is.
I will admit that when I pulled over the car to the emergency lane an expletive did leave my lips for which I apologise for straight away to my wife and daughter...the rabbit didn't care at all. :shock: :lol:

As for eating cake etc...that is part of the process of making a success healthy lifestyle.
Learning that events in your life (whether good, bad, happy, sad, excited or bored) have nothing to do with the choices of your eating habits.
In the end, eating in these situation is poor habit and an excuse for bad (immature) behaviour choices.

Kim
Blitz

Postby Divalicious » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:39 am

Cussin' Kim....that would have been both a shocker and a cracker!!! :lol:
Sorry, I just can't picture you dropping any clangers Kim....not you!! :oops:
Anyway.....
Good on you for staying strong!!! :D
You're absolutely right, "comfort" eating whether for good or bad is not the way to go....it promotes and encourages negative thoughts that lead to bad habits, that ultimately lead to old unhealthy choices!!! It is hard to break the habit of not reaching for food when in need of some comfort, but I'm certainly doing much better at it these days!! :wink:
136.0kg - Heaviest weight (1/1/12)
126.6kg - Starting weight (1/1/13)
60.0kg - Goal weight
63.3kg - Current weight

Divalicious

Postby Blitz » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:06 am

It is all wrapped up in developing a healthy lifestyle by changing your character (who you are when no one is looking).
In developing integrity of character what happens instead of walking away from problems by diverting your attention with food (or other things) - you take responsibility for your life.
There is definitely a transfer of skills.
Get your eating right and you will find that you step up in other areas of your life that you have been falling down on.

I wasn't proud of the swear word... :oops:
The problem with swear words is that it devalues the currency of your day to day words.
To make a forceful point you have to resort to using more and more those words to make an impact on those around you.
The rare utterance the other day was only more memorable because of it's rarity.
Hopefully, I can get to the stage where I say "darn it"...and be just as memorable! :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:38 pm

sorry but im having a giggle.....
not giggling for any other reason than I can see you wanting too bop the car and seeing you swearing I just couldn't imagine it... :lol: :lol:
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:57 am

Glad to be able to provide a laugh. :)

Rest assured I wasn't doing much laughing at the time! :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:22 am

Oh I can imagine,i know when you get too the point of letting out a "WORD" nobody knows what too say and they are better off sitting their saying nothing....
I wonder what the "WORD" was I hope it wasn't too bad.....
Im sure everythings all fixed now and you look back months later and go well that is history and a memory...
Memories are something that we can look back on and laugh and something that at 21s they come out as something that dad did...And years too come I bet you think about it and you may have gritted teeth but its still a memory..
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:12 am

You're not wrong about that...after I said that my wife started to say something but thought better of it!
I apologised quickly so I didn't give her a chance to gather herself and give me the sermon! :lol:

As for my daughter's 21st...I'm pretty sure that I've supplied her with juicier topics to exploit when the time comes! :shock: :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Return to Just Chatting