It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:04 am

Free Newsletter

Tinkerbella....

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Tinkerbella....

Postby tinkerbella » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:26 pm

Hope everybody is well and doing the best they can.Ive been well and fit and im so close I can smell it...
Attachments
11046695_973083372704508_8475054583227230083_n[1].jpg
11046695_973083372704508_8475054583227230083_n[1].jpg (38.39 KiB) Viewed 793 times
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Re: Tinkerbella....

Postby Blitz » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:53 am

Looking good there Natasha! 8)

When you don't hear from people for a while you start to fear the worse...glad to see that you are staying the course. :D

So how close are you to goal? Can you give out some numbers?
...but any way you slice it - you have done very well. :)

Good work - well done!
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:18 am

Hello Kim and friends,
Well as I said im close,im that close I can smell it..Im happy healthy and just feeling dangerous .. As for how far have I got too go well im probably where I want to be,if we look at numbers im about 4kgs away from "THE NUMBER" but I now go week too week and my head space is at the space where as I just don't want too put on.If I stay here im where I want to be,i don't want too put on and trying to maintain...
Im in a size 12 easy and that's what I wanted..
Ive just been plodding along at my own pace still counting my points and I still believe for me that is the only way to go,i LOVE the point system and find it works for me.
Being able too eat what I want when I want is a winner,im still having my bacon eggs mushrooms and tomatoes with one slice of toast for breakfast and still looking forward too getting out of bed every morning.
I now believe that diet is 85% and exercise is 15%,and Saturday nights is bonus nights and we go out for dinner and I have what ever I want as long as its within reason...lol or another way too put it I have what ever I want as long as the calories arnt too high...I look at how many calories is in what I feel like and find something within what im willing too spend,my husband and I then share dessert.
Shane was up to 100 kgs at Christmas and had a fright at the Drs so hes come on board with me and I am giving him what hes aloud too eat and hes now down to 92 kgs,hes looking better and feeling better...
Im enjoying the ease I have with feeding the family as its now Shane does what I tell him too do and if the kids don't like it they can work themselves out...Too easy...
Ive away loved myself and always loved the person I am but I really love how ive worked hard and now I love being as healthy as I am...
Hope everybody is as lucky as me and feels as good as I feel,its all about the head heart and soul...xx
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:06 am

Sounds like you have found your way and made a lifestyle that works for you. 8)
There definitely seems to be a more relaxed and natural approach to your weight loss than when I first met you here that's for sure. :)

Glad to hear that Shane has joined you too.
Nothing like a death rattle shaken by a Doctor to get your attention about getting healthy! :lol:
It is so much easier when you and your partner are on the same page...the mutual support and encouragement is gold. :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:05 pm

funny thing I went too the Drs and found out im 3 cms taller than what I had always thought so I was cheating myself of the numbers too where I wanted too get down too,last time I had measured myself was when I was about 18 and thought I had stopped growing so never did it again.i went too a new Dr and he weighed me and checked my height and I was shocked I was a lot taller than I had thought...:-)
my boys are both way over 6 foot with getting my long legs and my husbands long body,we even found out Shane was 4cms taller..
this morning I weighed in and was down into the next lot of numbers its so exciting too be down a little each week...
so happy too have done so well and now just happy to be the weight im at...

its a long journey and hard work but having your health is the most important thing too have..
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:13 am

Absolutely right about that...losing weight for vanity's sake is one thing but losing it for health reasons makes it a life or death matter. :)

One's height can change daily.
You are actually are taller when you get up in the morning than when you go to bed.
It's got something to do with your spine getting compressed during the day.
Also those who lose a good deal of weight may experience a height increase.
Having less weight to carry around lessens the spinal compression and your general posture is more erect.
I noticed a gain of 2cms in height when I lost weight - and I'm only a short fella! :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:01 pm

We went out for a lovely dinner tonight and I had something which I just love,they always ask me if I want extras,chicken,salmon,avocado ect ect ect but I just enjoy it without extras as I find it tasty enough..I get a candy walnut,feta,beetroot salad and its sooooo nice and only about 8 points,tonight was the first time I had my own dessert as I had been good all week,good all day and wanted to pick my own as Shanes been picking the desserts since I had been watching..Im a real sweet tooth was so nice too have picked my dessert of choice.Having apple pie and staying with in my points for the week..
This morning I was still in the number I wanted too get too this week and hope that tomorrow morning I will still be there,fingers will be crossed..
My weigh in days are a Tuesday,and that's when weight is noted..
Oh isn't it interesting this weight topic...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:25 am

I love the confident way you approached the whole thing. Great to see the sure hand of experience in action. 8)
Looking forward to see how you go next weigh in. Glad it is on track. :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:22 am

I enjoy it because im eating heaps,i know pretty much what im eating everyday and enjoying what im eating..it makes a great difference when your getting enough food..
On my bench I have 4 snacks placed out every morning and their what I can snack on during the day,they always get eaten..I take a snack or two down for my morning coffee down at the beach and have my walk around..
Knowing what one is doing is so much better..
Saying that im finding having the proper amount of foods in the right sizes so much easier,and now Shane and I are both doing it I don't buy anything we don't need as in junk....
With still having a few bits and pieces in my kitchen once they are gone they wont find there way back,eg cake mixes,and the likes...I haven't used them for some time now but I do make a nice cake for birthdays in saying that im just as well too buy one from a bakery,so much easier and im all for ease..
off for a shower then we off for a walk as we are headed for rain,with luck we might get two walks in today if the weather stays away,...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:44 am

I remember some pictures you posted of the area around your coffee shop...it looked very idyllic. I'm very envious! 8)

The good thing about making your own cake is that at least you know what is in it...no surprises calorie wise. :)

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:20 am

Monday 20/04/15
well its raining and raining hard here at the moment,so not the same coffee shopee today,my girlfriend is bringing me some beautiful photos today too look at as im going too get them framed for my house,shes such a beautiful photographer and I can take my pick.Just hope I can find the frames too make them something special.
I went pretty well over the weekend and did a lot of walking as we knew this bad weather was on the way and it doesn't look like we will be able too walk till the end of the week..
Its like winter is here..
Going too have my nails done later today and just chilling for the rest of today,enjoy your time as we never know when there will b no more time too enjoy...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby admin » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:15 pm

Welcome back, great to read your update....Bloody cold in Melbourne, we have hit the winter here.
Cheers
admin
Site Admin

Postby tinkerbella » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:06 pm

My daughter now lives in Melbourne,im missing her so much...:-(
Will be visiting her in a couple of months and she comes home when ever she can which is very nice...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby tinkerbella » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:53 pm

The last month I haven't gone hard at all ive just enjoyed the ride,with getting down too only the 5 kgs too go your head starts telling you if you go hard you can be where you want too be in a month,but im happy just too do my best from week too week and not rush anything and not be too hard on myself.
Tomorrow is weigh in day and I haven't got any idea how im going too go,ive stayed with in my points for the week so it should be a loss,but you never really know until you hop on them sclaes..
Im finding even if I eat too many vegies my weight can be up the next morning and I had a lot of pumpkin tonight,so we will see and the way the weather is there wont be that early morning walk..
The last month I lost
31.3.15 1.9
07.04.15 .4
14.04.15 .1

if I had too guess I would think about a .4 loss tomorrow... I don't think ive put on....

loving the change this time around as im having my 30 points a day with 49 extras a week...I find im eating all my points each and every week...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:42 am

I won't tell you about the great weather we are having at the moment... :wink:
...and it looks like winter isn't coming around these parts any time soon either.
Pity actually - could do with the rain.

As for walking and rain...I enjoy walking when it is raining! It's very invigorating! :shock:

Hope your weigh in is a good one Natasha. :)

Kim
Blitz

Next

Return to Just Chatting