It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:17 am

Free Newsletter

Just need to vent!!! :( :(

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Just need to vent!!! :( :(

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:19 pm

Grrr, I just need to vent at the moment! Am so annoyed!!! Here is the story...

I did my Cert IV in Fitness and my Cert IV in Massage at the Australian Institute last year.. I always planned on doing my Diploma in Massage through the AI as well, and I was told at the end of my Cert IV in Massage that because I'd done that and my Fitness course with them, I'd get a whopping $1500 off the price of $6150 for the Diploma course, and then another $500 off that price if I paid up front, bringing the total of the course down to $4150.

So since October I've been saving my BUTT OFF, living extremely poorly and struggling because I barely am getting paid enough to survive, let alone save money, and I am still paying off my Cert IV in Massage on my payment plan. I have saved $3750 (already had a bit of money in the bank), and Mum kindly offered to lend me the $350 so I could pay for it up front and save $2000.

I rang up today to book in to see the chick who takes care of enrolments, and asked how much it would be so I could bring in a bank cheque. She informed me that if I paid up front it would be $5550. I asked her about the special deal that I mentioned above, she said that was for people who had done the Cert IV in Fitness course who were enrolling in the Cert IV in Massage course.
GRR!!!! There is no way I could have gotten my wires crossed that much!!!! I spoke to a few people about it there a few months back, and all this time I was under the impression that I'd get it at the $4150 price! It makes much more sense to give people that had already spent $10,000 on 2 courses the bigger discount, right!?

So now, I can't do it. I was due to start it in February part time. I feel so incredibly p***ed off and let down that I was given the wrong information and had my hopes up all this time.

All is not lost, because I've reinvestigated another massage school that I had forgotten about and I think what they are offering is actually cheaper and better for me, as far as the timetable goes. Massage schools are few and far between in Adelaide, especially if you don't want to wind up doing 200+ Student Clinic hours for free. Basically the school will make $25 an hour off you for that and you get none of it.

I've also been screwed around by another massage school, the Natural Health Academy of Australia. I was told that I couldn't do my Diploma there merely because I had done 2 subjects there in the past, and then gone elsewhere to finish off my Cert IV in Massage.

I'm at my wits end with this!!!! I'm going to see this other massage school when they reopen next week, and I'm crossing my fingers that this will be the one for me!!!!! Wish me luck!!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent!
Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Pinkie » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:23 pm

Hi Em

I'm so sorry to hear what you've just been through. It sux big time!! But remember, these things probably happen for a reason and I truly believe you'll get there. Good on you for not giving up I say. :D

Good luck with the other massage school next week!
Pinkie xx

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBH58xg/]
[/url]
Pinkie

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:28 pm

Thanks heaps Pinkie :) :) It's been very discouraging, but you're right that things happen for a reason!! This other massage school is Mon & Tues 9:30-5 over 4 months (a month of that is home study too), whereas the other course would be Tues & Thurs nights 6-9 and Sundays (UGH!!!) 9-4 over 28 weeks.
Maybe that's why this happened, to force me to see there was a better way of doing it!!!!!

Thanks very much for your support :):):)
Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:34 pm

Image Hi Em
never mind! i was reading your post and thought ''hmmm maybe there is somewhere else she can do it?" so i hope it all turns out well for you. :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Chinta » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:35 pm

How frustrating after all your scrimping and saving......... and the stupidity of that other place not allowing you do your diploma with them. :evil:

Nowdays you have to have Everything in writing, or they try and stooge you.

I hope the school that opens next week works out Ok for youImage
ImageImage
Chinta

Postby Ally » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:31 pm

I am with the girls Em...hopefully this other place will be perfect and you will be able to complete your studies!! Hang in there matey a solution is just around the corner! Oh and feel free to vent any time you like!!! :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby yummymummy » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:56 pm

Ag how frustrating for you! I hope it all works out for the best in the end for you. Those courses sound very intresing what sort of stuff does that allow you to do once qualified?
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Groovychic » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:33 am

I am sure that it will work out for the better mate! Its just so annoying when things dont go to plan. But think of Earl Hickey and say "Karma"!!! :lol: :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:05 pm

Hiya Guys

Thanks for all your support and comments :) I sure hope the other school works out too!!!

Jody - the Cert IV in Fitness allows you to be a Personal trainer, the Cert IV in Massage allows you to be a Massage Therapist (however you can't get all of your providers numbers which you need for clients to be able to get private health rebates), and Diploma in Massage allows you to be a Remedial Massage Therapist, so you can do a lot more rehab and work on specific injuries and you get all your provider numbers :)

I'll keep you all posted!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby KimE » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:24 pm

Emma, no wonder you were so pissed off. I don't blame you at all especially as you are working this out for your career and then to be stuffed around so much like this. I hope it all works out for you and trying this other school may be the ticket. Best of luck and let us know how you go.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:43 pm

Yeah, especially since I'd already spent $10,000+ on my other courses through these guys, Kim, so I thought they might look after me a bit better! Ah well, they won't get my money now! They've lost my business and I won't recommend them to anyone.
Funny thing is, they want me to fill out this questionnaire and come in and take photos of me at work for their "Successful Past Students" thing.. I'm not sure if I should let them!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Groovychic » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:20 pm

Nup I would tell them to get stuffed! Its only promoting their business and they have proven they won't look after you so why should you look after them. Just don't do anything until you have enrolled in the other school!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:35 am

hey em i remember where i did my child care diploma and that cost me $8000 and that was suppose to include resources and so on. we
received jack all off them the entire course. at the end when we had to fill out a questionaire i told them straight in not very nice words about what i thought of their course and the way they broke their half of the contract!
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:22 am

did you ever get any feedback Kate???
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:11 pm

Yeah you're so right Rochelle.. Why should I help them!? I also spoke to one of the lecturers there today (she works out at my work) and she said that it was total [email protected] and that she'd speak to them on Monday... I don't care if they offer me the cheaper price, I'm so totally turned off the idea of studying there now!!!

Far out Kate, that's awful!!! Yeah did you ever get any feedback!??! That's shocking. When you pay that much for a course you EXPECT decent service and everything included!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Next

Return to Just Chatting