It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:05 pm

Free Newsletter

Any tips for the weekends?

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Any tips for the weekends?

Postby BubblyMac » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:40 pm

I was just wondering if anyone has any tips for surviving the weekends ?

I find that during the week, I stick to a good eating regime, drink all my 2L of water which is great. :P

But come the weekend, because i'm not in the office routine of eating, could go out to the shops or visiting friends/family etc... which puts me out of whack that I don't drink my full 2L of water and eat more crap and have more cravings.

Does anyone have a similar problem or any solutions to help make the best of a weekend rather than working hard to my goal weight 5 days a week then 2 days a week, not so great :?: :cry:

This weekend is my first to get through this year, so I am more determined than i have been last year so I hope to stick to my guns but as i'm starting out, i'd just love some advice.

Thanks
BM
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wksPHQO/]
[/url]
BubblyMac

Postby Groovychic » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:25 pm

Well I would suggest that when you get up in the morning, try to drink at least 2 glasses before you have breakfast or anything. Then another 2 before you leave the house. And take a bottle of water with you. I always have a 750ml bottle of water in the car and then when I get out it gets shoved into my handbag. Sticks out and I cant shut my handbag but I don't care. I just sip away at it whilst at the shops or whatever. I find if I don't drink enough while shopping then I get a headache. Then when you get home drink another glass or 2 of water. You will find you drink it that way if you have it with you at all times. Take it in with you to your friens/family homes etc. Hope this has helped.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Lolly » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:51 am

Carry the water with you - or at least a bottle.

I have a 600ml bottle I take EVERYWHERE with me, even on weekends and I also have an empty spare one in the car in case I forget. I find drinking at least 3 bottlefuls a day is easy and it stops you snacking while out shopping as well.
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby Lolly » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:53 am

Oh I forgot to say..........

Plan all your meals for the weekend BEFORE you get up and go wandering around the shops. There are some mighty fine smells there at shopping centres that tempt you but if you have plans you are less likely to eat the bad stuff - also, don't go out on an empty stomach.

[/url]
Lolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:37 am

a couple of members here have a treat meal once a week. so you could make it on a saturday for instance so it wouldnt feel like you were missing out on what everyone else was having. you can still enjoy yourself on weekends just make healthier options whilst out and about. keep some chewing gum or extra drops in your handbag.
kate_turner2000

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:20 pm

Yup saturday nights is my good meal deal . As long as i have exercised at least 3 times drank my water and not blown out i get a free meal pass which is of my choosing lol it makes me look forward to sat knowing i get a treat n the weekend
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby KimE » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:23 pm

Planning is the key BM. Why not make the same sort of food at the weekend that you have during the week. It doesn't need to be any different unless eating out, then try to make healthier choices if you can.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Pepper » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:55 pm

Hey BM,

As others have said "planning" is definitely the key. But what is also important is acceptance that things may be more uncontrollable because your routine will be affected by others around you, ie. family, friends and so on. And if you take this into account, you shouldn't be face with an surprises.

Plan as much as you can, and what you can't plan, make the most of!!! :)

You can plan your meals, and your water consumption by taking stuff with you. But if you find yourself at a restaurant or someone's home, you don't have to deny yourself EVERYTHING, make healthy choices as much as possible, and if you can't, eat smaller portions (so not to offend hosts).

All the best with the first weekend!! I'm sure you will do just fine!! :wink:
Strong people don't walk away from the truth, only the excuses others try to sell them.
Pepper

Postby BubblyMac » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:02 pm

Thanks for your tips! :)

I will be out tomorrow so I wil make sure I don't leave the house without my water bottle. I might even freeze it a bit so it stays cold for me for a while.

I suppose water really is the key to successful weight loss. :idea: :)

I have been in and out today and I have been a bit bad with food. I had some chocolate and pepsi max and I started to feel so full but the full feeling is lasting for ages. It feels awful. I feel clogged up a little to be honest.

But this week, I realised when I drink heaps of water, I feel full and sometimes a little bloated but it goes away after a while. So I definately want to drink more water after today.

Thank you so much. You girls are all so wonderfuly helpful, with all your tips and ideas everytime I jump online! :P :D

I hope I can soon help others too with my successful tips. No, I Know I will - I can do it. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wksPHQO/]
[/url]
BubblyMac

Postby Lolly » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:08 pm

BM with the frozen water bottle, I freeze a third of the bottle and top it up for hours - I get cold water all the time that way.

Because I work as a telemarketer, I have found a drink on hand all the time is great but the ice in the bottle is a nice treat.

My sister said to me today that if the water is getting boring, add a dash of fresh lemon juice to it to give it some spice :D

[/url]
Lolly

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:36 pm

Kate - I can't have more than about 2 of those extra drops cos they give me violent stomach cramps and a, er, 'laxative effect'.. Same with those Jols!! Must be the type of sweetener.
zeedeveelgirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:20 pm

Image hey em, ally can direct you to the post about the sweetner in it and the effects of it :shock: its pretty shocking! im pretty much ok with them- but the double d lollies make me ill!

hey larrissa, my tip is that water does really help with the weightloss. there are a few posts about the wonder of water around the forum, you should check them out. i swear by water.
kate_turner2000

Postby Groovychic » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:05 pm

You know what. With all the water that I do drink I have never thought about freezing a bottle. I always drink my bottle and end up buying one that is cold cos if you leave one in the car its gonna get damn hot and it tastes like crap. But I think I might freeze a 2nd pump bottle for future. I always think geez I should take a 2nd one and put it in the car fridge, yep have a waeco sitting in the back if I am off grocery shopping, but I have never actually done it.....how stupid is that!!! I think freezing one is the better idea tho. Something I am more likely to remember to do and if there is no fridge in the car cos I'm not grocery shopping it will just defrost nicely by the time I have finished the first!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Ally » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:55 am

Hey Rochelle if you are going to freeze your water bottle and put it in your handbag...make sure you put wrap a tea towel around it and secure it with a rubber band otherwise everything in your bag will get soaked....... :P

Geez Kate you expect me to remember where I put that post???? LOL :lol: ...Speaking of artificial sweetener....I have probably missed it but there was an artical on A Current Affair or Today Tonight about how artificial sweeteners can make you fatter...(This was one of the points in the original article I posted) I will have to check and see if it has been on already!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Return to Just Chatting