It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:09 am

Free Newsletter

Work Problem.. Just venting again

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby bluebox451 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:23 pm

If I didnt have a daughter and husband and house to look after I probably would but I think the two part-time jobs are enough for now. I'm hardly ever home rushing from one place to another. I also allocate a bit of time to myself in the mornings to work out coz I still need to lose a lot of weight (about 10kilos). I'm really embarrassed to admit that (since trainers are meant to be people to aspire to) u know what I mean? I have a couple clients who are smaller than me and its a feels a bit awkward telling what to do when I cant even do it myself. Sorry to be a whinger, I'll get there soon, hopefully :oops: :oops:
ANyway, its good to hear that you enjoy your job so much. I admire you being able to do massage - its so tiring! My boss does all the massages and he's also a stick figure which makes the above problem stand out even more!
Woops, there I go again!
:roll: :roll:

R u planning on going to Filex in SYdney in April? Apparently, you can get 15 CEC's over the one weekend. I'm starting to save from now!

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:11 pm

Oh yeah, I can imagine you'd be heaps busy! When I had my full time office admin job and my first gym instructor job I was running from one to the other a couple of nights a week and that was tough!!!

Hey I know exactly how you feel about the pressure of being a stick figure as a PT! I'm not "big" (I've lost about 17kg as you can see by my ticker, which is what inspired me to become a PT), but I'd still like to lose about 8kg and I train heaps of clients smaller than me!!!
We'll get there hey :) :) People don't think any less of you for still needing to lose a bit more weight. In fact, I was talking to one of my bosses about it today and we both agreed that the fact that I had lost weight and wanted to lose more and that I wasn't athlete-fit made it so much easier for me to relate to my clients!
On another note, I did a fitness assessment on a lady this morning who asked if I was an athlete. :oops: :oops: :oops: I was like ah, no.

Massage can be soooooooooo tiring! There have been days when I've just gotten home from work and just not been able to do anything but SIT.

Nah, I can't afford to go to Filex :( :( Are you going? I think it would be so fun to go!!!

Postby bluebox451 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:23 am

Hi Em,

We are in the same boat then. I lost approximately 40 kilos a few years ago and that's also what inspired me to want to help others in the same situation. The studio I work at now is where I went to train when I was bigger and the trainer (who is now my boss) said I would be an inspiration to other women who wanted to lose a lot of weight so he said do the course and I'll give you a job. :D
At the start of last year I was only a few kilos away from my goal weight but I unfortunately put on about 4 or 5 kilos during the year :( :x :cry: I wasnt being careful and I got into a comfort zone. Damn me! :evil: NOw I'm in the process of getting back to where I was and hopefully even less - April is my goal month. CHeck out my blog if you want to see a horrible pic which will put you off eating for a while - hey, I might be able to help you lose those last few kilos! I recently posted a before picture of me when I was big - Oh the horror! :shock: :shock:
I will be on holidays for the next couple weeks so hopefully I will get to check in here from sunny QLD. Keep going, you're going really well! :D :D Fingers crossed I will be a bit smaller when I get back 8) :lol:
Liz :D

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:32 am

Heya Liz :)

Definitely sounds like we both went into the industry for the same reasons!! How great that your boss offered you a job, that's awesome!!!
Isn't it sooo easy for the weight to just slip back on when you get comfortable. My 6kg came back on without me even realising, and then I thought "hmm I wonder how my weight's going, I am feeling a little blobby lately" one day, and hopped on the scales and got the shock of my life!!!
Your blog is fantastic!!! You've done a fantastic job in losing all that weight, you should be very proud :)
Have fun in QLD, good luck for losing more weight while you're there!
Em :)

Return to Just Chatting