It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:33 am

Free Newsletter

Emotional Eating

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Emotional Eating

Postby Ally » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:25 pm

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby grugwashere » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:41 pm

i once read an interesting article about comfort food, that asked why do we use food as a comfort? does it keep us warm at night?(i know my fat does lol jokes), does it tell us it loves us? etc... its very odd to use food as a comfort but nearly everyone does and i think its to do with childhood

what mother hasnt at least once given your child a lolly or similar when they fall over or they are upset?

i love the idea of sometimes and everyday food...it brings everything into a much more positive light.
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:55 pm

hey ally
excellent read. i especially tend to call certain foods naughty or bad and have to cut out saying that! its just the category i put them in without thinking of a more appropriate name.
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:14 pm

You are so right right Joanna!! Even as a mum I used to do the same thing!! I am much more aware now after sorting out my own eating habits to just watch from a distance in my children!! If they are have hurt themselves..I let them cry it out while giving them a big hug!! Before I used to reach for something to help them stop crying!! I don't think we realise the (un-intentional) damage we do by offering them sweets or fizzy drinks to help them "get over it"!! Well said mate!

I have looked at foods in this way this time too....as everyday and occasional foods and it has helped me tremendously!! I don't feel like I am missing out as I have one day a week to have something like a choc bar or something...however if there is an occasion through the week where I have a dessert or something....that is ok too as it is not happening everytime I open the fridge!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Return to Just Chatting