It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:27 pm

Free Newsletter

What is happening????

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

What is happening????

Postby The Blimp! » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:35 pm

We are not yet two weeks into the new year and two close friends' marriages have broken up - both couples have two kids under ten!!! Is there something going on I don't know about? And both, allegedly, because of the guys having affairs (both couples have been together for many years). Is it just me, or can anyone else not understand how sleeping with a different girl could be THAT different?
The Blimp!

Postby grugwashere » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:16 pm

i suppose they feel as if they are missing out on something that in actual fact they probably arent. shheessh i dont get cheating either
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby tiffanyp » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:34 pm

I watched this great show on SBS the other day. It was all about the family nuclear in todays society.
One woman who had been married for 15 years had a husband and three kids, both her and her husband were both quite successful in thier careers.
Anyway, the husband was encouraged by his employer to do the Friday night drinks with work colleagues all team building bullshit etc and low and behold, he ended up having an affair, which I might add was quite accepted by the men from the office where he worked!
However, the antics of the husband were not accepted by his wife and she took him to the cleaners!

I have a friend who lives in Melbourne and her husband is always being invited by his superior work colleagues to go for drinks after work etc.

I too had a partner once that was always doing that. He had an affair on me too.

I could rave on forever on this topic! But I wont! No one will want to read my long winded post if I do!LOL :P

Tiffany :D
tiffanyp

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:46 pm

temptation i think. wanting something you know you arent allowed to have. and a lot of people in relationships that dont communicate with their partners or work on their marriages.
kate_turner2000

Postby Dee » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:46 pm

Several of my friends are having real trouble in their marriages at the moment, one couple have seprated since Christmas and another look like they will any day now. My best friends' fiance has also just started beating her - WHY THE HELL DO WOMEN TOLERATE THIS??!!?? I swear misery must be going around! I too have wondered if there is some kind of divorce bug going around - it all seems to be happening at once.

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby Sassygirl » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:17 pm

I heard on the radio that January is the busiest month for divorces - they must all make it a New Years Resolution!!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby tiffanyp » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:10 pm

My wise mother always said.
Happy Couples mix with other Happy Couples.
It is awful, but if friends are having problems or someone goes through a divorce I try and stay out of it so it doesnt rub off on me!

I support the person, but just head them into the direction for professional guidance, I am no counsellor....

Does that sound selfish? I hope not.

Tiffany :D
tiffanyp

Postby Dee » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:48 pm

Nah, makes perfect sense..
After all we have our own issues to battle with, without getting bogged down in everyone elses.

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby tiffanyp » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:02 pm

Another tip my mum says is...
"If you look hard enough you will find a drama in your life".. :roll:
tiffanyp

Postby Bella214 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:10 pm

lol sassy ... new years resolution!

it baffles me why people cheat ... u'd think if there was a problem, the sensible thing to do would be to talk about it ... not drag a third party into it ...

:?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wX3QzRl/]
[/url]
Bella214

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:44 am

tiffanyp wrote:Another tip my mum says is...
"If you look hard enough you will find a drama in your life".. :roll:

Your mum is a smart lady tiffany...that one is sooooo true

as for the cheating thing...I guess I understand the temptation to do something you know is wrong...I've been slowly killing myself with food I didn't need to eat for the past 20 years. Like my life will somehow be better if I have that bag of potato chips. I have a feeling that, at least for some people, the temptation to cheat is somewhat similar to the temptation to over-eat.

I'm not condoning cheating mind you...I'm just saying I don't think I'm in a place where I can judge someone for doing something stupid, something they know they shouldn't do, something that will hurt them and their loved ones, something that won't feel so good when they've done it. I've been doing that with food all these years. And, just like the 'blokes at the office' supporting their colleague in his behaviour, some of my friends have even supported me in mine (they've eaten burgers with me, bought me food I didn't need, said nothing while I ate crap I didn't need).
Cheers, Mary

If I could find a ticker for measurements it would say I'm on the way from a waist measurement of 134cm to one of 70cm (currently at 129cm)
mary_in_adelaide

Return to Just Chatting