It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:58 pm

Free Newsletter

Woolworths Drought help (if your interested)

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Woolworths Drought help (if your interested)

Postby BubblyMac » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:21 pm

Hey Everyone,

This has nothing to do with weight loss but thought it was something I might try to help spread around, as the more help we can get and the more people that know about this, the better.

I know Queensland is struggling badly with a drought, and it's hitting the farmers here pretty bad, I don't know how the other states are going? I guess most of Australia must be struggling with the drought as well.

But i've just found out a simple way we can all help, just by shopping at Woolworths.

Check out the website for further details: http://www.woolworths.com.au/woolworths ... eflief.asp

On Tuesday 23rd January, Woolworths will donate its entire supermarkets profits from all Australian Woolworths & safeway supermarkets, for the day to the Country Women's Association and research into sustainable farming practices.

I know there are so many great charities that people help donate to and everyone is asked all the time for donations for the many charities, and lots of people aren't always able to help out.

But I thought this was great to help spread around so you can just do your normal grocery shop that day at Woolworths, it would all help out. And if you usually shop somewhere else, maybe just for that day, you can shop at Woolworths and feel good that your help is appreciated. :)

So mark it in your diaries and tell all your friends, family and workmates, if you're interested in helping out. :) :wink: If people aren't interested, that's ok, just thought some people might like to know about it.

Thanks for listening :D

Larrissa :) :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wksPHQO/]
[/url]
BubblyMac

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:42 pm

we always shop at woolworths larrissa :) we love it hehe.

one comment about what i saw on the news tonight was one of the farmers wives with her kids on the news saying that going out to dinner and to the movies is a luxury and i thought' im not even a farmer and its a luxury for us too! we are on one income and cant afford to go out. our monthly shopping trip is a exciting day out for us!' but ti is sad that they cant afford school stuff for the kids and so on, but i felt like yelling out "just because we dont live on farms doesnt mean we are rich and can afford movies and dinner out!" lol
kate_turner2000

Postby Dee » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:47 pm

I know, Kate, how frustrating is how many of us are living like that every day. Living from one paycheck to the next. grrrr

Still, I am keen to help out a bit. On a side note, if there's anyone who knows of any fire support fundraising going on, let us know.

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby BubblyMac » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:07 pm

I do know what you mean. :) I live from paycheck to paycheck.

And sometimes it's irritating when people that have money, whinge they don't have money yet are driving really nice cars and wearing designer clothes/shoes and always buying what they want in life/when they want. ( I work for these sorta people. :roll: :( )

But I think if you have a good family, friends and work, they suprise you and get you through. Tough times certainly do make you appreciate the good ones.

Cross fingers we all win gold lotto one day! :wink: :D

Cya
Larrissa :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wksPHQO/]
[/url]
BubblyMac

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:51 am

lol i dont think we have gold lotto here in nsw but we have lotto and thats good enough for me! lol. we only put it on if its the big massive draws. :P

its funny you see these people with nice cars and so on BM, but i suppos elife isnt always greener on the other side and im sure they have their own issues to deal with like each and every one of us. but it would be nice to have a car that isnt from 1985!
kate_turner2000

Return to Just Chatting