It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Free Newsletter

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!!!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!!!

Postby Aquagirl » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:12 am

Hi everyone,

Happy Australia Day to all. And fly that flag with pride!

What is everyone's plans today? I have spent the morning down the beach with bub and partner. Then we plan to go to the local bowlo, spend the afternoon playing barefoot bowls and being with friends.

Hence todays weighloss pledge: I will not have an alcoholic beverage (very unAustralian I know, but I have Australia Day next year when I am so slender and reached my goal! :D ).

Have a great day everyone! :D
Aquagirl

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:35 am

And to you Aquagirl

Today is the annual Australia Day / Hottest 100 Party at my place.

I'm quite proud of myself as I planned everything so that I did my exercise this morning knowing that I wouldn't feel like it this evening and I've got lots of healthy food on hand for the BBQ and for snacks. I've worked hard all week especially so that I can treat myself to a couple of glasses of wine today to go with my marinated prawns (sooooo healthy and tasty) and pita crisps and yummy low fat dips (thanks to Annette Sym).

Happy Australia Day to everyone
Cheers, Mary

If I could find a ticker for measurements it would say I'm on the way from a waist measurement of 134cm to one of 70cm (currently at 129cm)
mary_in_adelaide

Postby lollilova » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:46 am

Tony is working so I am spending the day like everyother day... with our two boys and trying to motivate myself to get on the tredmill. Sad isn't it? :wink:

On a brighter note we are having a BBQ tomorrow at a friends place so I will enjoy it then!

Have a great day everyone :P
Bianca x

lollilova

Postby Lolly » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:51 am

I am going for a swim with friends in the river and taking our dog too - that is the only thing on the agenda so far for the day......

Might have to have a BBQ tonight to celebrate and watch the fireworks from the front yard with the kids :D

Don't worry about not having any alcohol, I am not having any either :D
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:32 am

It's like any other day to me too, apart from not having to work, feels like a Sunday!.. I went for a bike ride and mum is going to dye my hair for me later... my sister is coming over later too I thinks. Nothing spesh!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby KimE » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:13 pm

Slept in a little, played computer games, went for a mammoth walk. Having a BBQ tonight, chicken and salad and a few delicious wines.

Happy Australia Day to you all. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby yummymummy » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:51 pm

I spent the morning at the beach now having a lazy afternoon and will take the kids to the fireworks tonight
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:15 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot I'm going out to dinner :P To some Vietnamese place... hope they've got something I'd eat :S I'm not a huge fan of Asian food!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Sassygirl » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:56 pm

This morning went down to Hillary's Boat Harbour (Perthites will know this one) and the kiddies had Hard Rock icecream (this is where they mix in anything you like into your choice of icecream and the possibilities are endless - then they mix it on an icey cold slab!) which I did not indulge in (yeah me!!!). My husband and the girls have just gone off in the boat with some friends (I opted to stay here because there was not going to be enough room on the boat for another adult - and I am sooo glad because apparently it is around 41.3 degrees over here!!). My bestest buddie is coming over here at around 7ish and we are going to meet out husbands and kids down by the water to have dinner (salads and chicken) and watch the fireworks. We are then off to Busselton tomorrow to camp for the rest of the weekend. So be proud to be Australian, fly you flag and hold your heads high - cause I reakon AUSTRALIA is the most fantastic place to live and raise your children. Aussie, aussie, aussie - oi, oi, oi!!!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Lolly » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:09 pm

I had the best time at the river today.

We floated on noodles for about an hour - fighting the incoming tide the whole time so I got a good relaxing sort of workout and stayed cool too :D

The kids ate chips - I declined and had some water.

Then, I came home and had a nanna nap :oops: I was just so exhausted that I flaked out. I woke up about 4.30 though so it was only really an hours sleep that included quiet reading time as well.

When I got up, Bob took me on a motorbike ride :D :D :D

I loooooooooooooove going on the back of the bike and snuggling into him :lol:

[/url]
Lolly

Postby Aquagirl » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:43 am

Hey sassygirl, I live in NSW but have been to WA and loved it. I went Hard Rock ice cream at Hillary's. Hillary's is really nice and Hard Rock is awesome. I am glad we don't have one here :lol:

Sounds like we had lovely days. Hey Lolly, wish my partner had a bike I could jump on with him, we have a postie bike :shock:
Aquagirl

Postby Lolly » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:59 am

Postie bikes can be heaps of fun darl

We have a Kwaka 750 that is a bit old but we have heaps of fun on it :D

[/url]
Lolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:51 am

over on the eastern states its called cold rock ice cream. it is yum :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Jisgone » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:17 am

I live in kingsley (about 5 mins from hillarys) so im tempted by it very often hehe, im pretty sure the one at hillarys is called cold rock too because they use those frozen rock things to smash the chocolate of lollies into the ice cream :)
I had an awesome oz day, i went out with some friends and we swam and played water volleyball and had a bbq, i broke my pledge and has alcohol but my friends said it would be unaustralian not to hehe all in all a really good day :)
Jisgone

Postby Aquagirl » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:28 pm

It is a fun little bike, just not for the two of us to travel on for a romantic ride, IYKWIM. :lol:

Hey Kate, I wasn't aware that we had that ice cream place over here. I joked about starting a franchise with them while I was there, not a bad idea though.
Aquagirl

Next

Return to Just Chatting