It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:34 pm

Free Newsletter

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!!!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:36 am

they make an absolute mint i can imagine. on the coast here they have 2 and they are close to the beaches so they make a lot of money with tourists as well as locals. i wouldnt be able to franchise one- id eat all the ice cream haha
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:19 pm

Yes you are right guys it is called COLD ROCK over here (guess my mind was scrambled because of all the yummies that were in front of me at the time!!!!)
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby ZelmaWA » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:49 pm

WELL, THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!! I have NEVER heard of this icecream joint at Hillarys and now that will be all I can think of. NOT FAIR!!!!!! I love icecream, and do have some on a regular basis, but just the low-fat kind that comes in a tub. Oh... and sometimes the low-fat softserve icecream or yoghurt. But that Cold Rock... whatever it's called... sounds divine!

We spent Australia Day driving down to Mandurah/Pinjarra (about an hour and a half south of Perth for those 'out-of-towners') to visit my Mum. We spent the night there and then went down to Donnybrook (another hour and a half south) to visit more family and to go to a family reunion on my mum's side. It was strange to get out and about without my Dad (he passed away earlier this month) but it was great to catch up with family and I know Dad would have loved us to have a good time.

I read that the fireworks didn't quite work out as they should have on the Swan River. Anyone experience that first hand?

I hope you are enjoying the rest of the long weekend. This is the last day of my school holidays. We go back tomorrow and the kids return on Wednesday. I just hope I can finish getting organised by then. Things have been VERY hectic over the holidays with Dad passing away and I just don't quite feel 'ready'.

Take care,

Zelma
Losing weight has given me a "Freedom" that I had never previously experienced as an adult... and I am LOVING it!!!

160kg (2004)... 73kg (2006)... Working on maintaining.

See my photos at: http://www.zelma.neilknobbe.com
ZelmaWA

Postby Nikki_1983 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:16 pm

mmmm Cold rock ice-cream... i had never even heard of it till i moved up to the central coast last year ... it is the best ice-cream tho... lol
Australia day for me and my family was basically like any other day... tho we did have chops and prawns on the bbq and watched the cricket.... even tho we didnt get up to much it was still a great day
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSoJmIs/]
[/url]
Nikki_1983

Postby Ally » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:22 am

I have never tried it, but it sounds yummy. The kiddos keep asking to go there I guess one day I will have to take them :? .

Hey Zelma have you tried the easy yo ice cream??? It is lovely and really great for the waistline!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Sassygirl » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:44 am

Hay Zelma I watched from Como but also heard that a few fires were started and even after the show had finished there were still some fireworks being sent up. Anyway I enjoyed Mother Nature's firework show better then the actual show!!!! :D
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Fairie » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:56 pm

I went to Peterborough with my cousin to visit her brother and his family for the weekend, I hadn't seen him for about 30 years and it was so good catching up.
:D :D

Hey Zelma have you tried the easy yo ice cream??? It is lovely and really great for the waistline!!

Hi Ally, what is easy yo Icecream? :?
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Previous

Return to Just Chatting