It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:13 am

Free Newsletter

I am doing speed dating on Saturday!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

I am doing speed dating on Saturday!

Postby zoeh » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:48 pm

I am sick of being single, its been two long years I need to break it!!!

Where are all the good men?!?!
zoeh

Postby evilwomaniamshe » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:17 pm

You go girl, hey is out there, sometimes you just had to weed thru a bunch of men to find HIM though. Good luck to you in finding your Mr. Right.
I have a male friend who met his wife speed dating about 4 years ago here in the USA and I am happy to report they are married with kids now, so it worked for them the whole speed dating thing...
evilwomaniamshe
evilwomaniamshe

Postby CrimsonThunder » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:14 am

Speed dating is funny in the 40 year old virgin! :D

Good luck.
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby Sassygirl » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:35 pm

My girlfriend tried it - but did not meet anyone through that. She then logged on to a site called RSVP and is currently dating someone whom she met through that site. :lol: Good luck to you!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:35 pm

good on ya zoeh- at least you are out there trying new things. let us know how it goes- looks like fun!
kate_turner2000

Postby Flame » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:13 pm

Ive dated a few blokes i met online. I definately recommend it! good fun :-)
101 here i come!!!!Image
Flame

Postby tiffanyp » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:18 am

A friend of mine met a guy using a dating agency. They are getting married this year!!!!
They are perfectly suited. It took her a few goes with different men, she was open to meet everyone for just a coffee or a chat... but she was finally successful!

You go girl! Better than sitting home feeling sorry for yourself!!

Tiffany :D
tiffanyp

Postby tinker » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:47 pm

When it came to finding true love online you couldn't find someone that was more sceptical than me.....that was so not for me. Now I have to EAT MY WORDS.....I met my partner online after deciding to check out a chat room for the first time (not even a love/dating one). Funny thing is that neither of us was really looking for love at the time. We have now been together for nearly four years & couldn't be happier.

As to where all the good men are....mine was 20,000km away!

Good luck!
tinker

Postby ZelmaWA » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:26 pm

Tinker - My story is SO similar to yours! I met my hubby online over 8 years ago now, in a chatroom that was 'just' for chatting. (I really enjoyed getting to know people from all over the world.) Well... after Private Messages, emails, letters, photos, packages, and phone calls (VERY expensive ones) we decided that it would be cheaper for him to come over here from Canada for a holiday. We haven't been apart since. We've been married 6 and a half years.

So, they are out there, but sometimes you find them in interesting places. I truly feel that I wouldn't have found someone as compatible in the 'bar' scenes, but then again I wasn't looking, so I wouldn't really know.

Good luck with the speed dating Zoeh.

Zelma
Losing weight has given me a "Freedom" that I had never previously experienced as an adult... and I am LOVING it!!!

160kg (2004)... 73kg (2006)... Working on maintaining.

See my photos at: http://www.zelma.neilknobbe.com
ZelmaWA

Postby electrongirl » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:29 pm

I met my husband online too!

On a computer game website of all places. he was in the US and me in Perth.

We have now been married for almost 1 year and he is currently going through the whole immigration process.

I would never thought in a million years I would have met someone on the net!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby ZelmaWA » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:54 pm

Nikki,

I hope you have more luck with the immigration process than we did. My hubby's allocated 'person' left, or went on holiday or some such thing, and his paperwork wasn't looked at for almost 12 months! It took a few 'abrupt' phone calls to find out why it was all taking so long. By the time he got his Bridging Visa, it was only two weeks later that he got his Permanent Residency. It's amazing how fast they can work when they actually LOOK at the paperwork.

Hubby is now an Australian citizen, which makes it MUCH easier for travelling overseas, but I'm glad he could also keep his Canadian citizenship.

Zelma
Losing weight has given me a "Freedom" that I had never previously experienced as an adult... and I am LOVING it!!!

160kg (2004)... 73kg (2006)... Working on maintaining.

See my photos at: http://www.zelma.neilknobbe.com
ZelmaWA

Postby electrongirl » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:04 pm

Zelma,

My hubby got a bridging visa as soon as we lodged our papers (12 months ago) and was given permission to work in July last year.

We have just been told we now need to get a Federal police clearance for him because he has been here for more than 12 months.

Its definately not a quick process!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Lolly » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:38 am

I just thought I would tell you all how I met my hubby - in real life no less lol

I was moving into a new house - I had previously been living at my parents place - when I was 5 months pregnant with Nathan (not with his father but that is a WHOLEY different story) and these people were there mowing the lawn.

Seeing me, I offered them a cold drink and a chat - and got quite friendly with them. They continued to mow my lawn for months and the woman started just dropping in for coffee.

One day, I went up to their place to visit and pay for a lawn mowing job and met her big brother. He was cute and we "clicked". I had a new baby at that stage and wasn't looking for anyone at all - in fact my head was in a mess so I didn't need anyone else to be involved with.

As the months went by, we had more and more coffees and became quite good friends.

Then, one day, one of my friends ex-hubbies showed up. This guy is a sleaze and had previously tried to crack onto other friends as well and I didn't want him to be alone with me.

Anyway, I rang my friend and she wasn't there but Bob answered the phone. I explained the situation to him (this guy had invited himself for dinner and a DVD) and he said he would come down and play "the third wheel". When he arrived the other guy played politely and left. Bob didn't - we chatted until dawn :shock:

He hasn't left my house since :lol:

We are coming up to the 10th anniversary of that day the week after Valentines day and I am still blessed.
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby zoeh » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:02 pm

Oh thanks for everyone's stories, they were really interesting and motivating!!!

Just got back from speed dating and didnt meet anyone who caught my eye

Where are the good men!?!?!

So now I am sitting on here thinking my ex and just ruined my "detox" by having two glasses of wine and a freddo frog.

Surely, there must be a guy out there somewhere...

anyone want to set me up ;)
zoeh

Postby milo » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:09 am

Thats a shame you didnt meet anyone :? But did you have a good time anyway?

Maybe try and talk to guys on the net? LOl I met my dh on here
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Next

Return to Just Chatting