It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:22 am

Free Newsletter

Stinkin' Sticky Hot Melting Heat + Flood Warning!!!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Stinkin' Sticky Hot Melting Heat + Flood Warning!!!

Postby Ally » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:54 am

Oh well hands up all those who are completely over this stinkin' hot weather..........ooooh pick me Miss!!!........finally after watching the local news we have an answer as to why we are all suffering down here in Rocky and watching storms build up and then nick off!! Oh yes there is a low in the gulf and also one of the coast of Cairns oooh and if that was not enough there is one brewing in the Coral Sea!!! Flood warnings issued for anywhere north of Bowen to Cairns and there is a possibility that the rains will move down here...great news for sure, however we live smack bang in flood territory and well to be completely frank...I am shitting myself!! But anyway we have lived here for 3 years with no sign of a flood so I guess it was bound to happen, the last big flood was in 1991. We have 5 rivers that flow into our huge catchment and 3 of them are in a warning zone!!! AAAARRRGGHHH to top it off we already have flood water heading down, which is expected not to cause local flooding, but we shall see.

Anyway I guess this is an advanced warning that if I suddenly disappear offline you know that I am surrounded by flood water with no possible way of connecting to the net as we will have no power!!! LOL I guess for exercise I could tie that resistance band around my ankle and swim in the flood water with all the snakes and crocs (ah yes that is the other thing.....when it floods in Rocky all the crocs manage to escape the lagoon at the botanical gardens and swim this way.....Oh the joy!!)

To the heat.....it finally took its toll on me yesterday....I went to sit on the bed after Scott came home from work and he was having a nap (around 1.30pm) I thought I would just lay down with him for a bit as it was just so hot....next thing I woke up at 3.20pm with the kids due home at 3.30pm.....I nearly died!!! I never sleep through the day unless I am really crook!! So I guess 6 days of continual humidity finally beat me!!

Anyroad up that would be the end of my rant!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:31 am

LOL you make me laugh ally especially about the resistance bands. haha. ill keep my fingers crossed that you all dont get washed away and i agree- i am over this heat too. its overcast here today but soooo hot :( have a great day and a little nap never hurt anyone ;) hehe
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:42 am

hahahahaaha thanks Kate!!! However it wasn't just a nap :shock: nearly 2 hours!!! Blimey, but I tell ya what I slept like a log last night!!!! We had 27 over night Monday night and then it was only 25 last night so I guess that is why I slept better :P
[/url]
Ally

Postby evilwomaniamshe » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:22 am

HEY ALLY,
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT IT BEING HOTTER THAN HELLLLLLLOOOO & NOW FLOODING TO BOOT. AYE YI YI, I FEEL FOR YA GIRL. GEESH THAT MUST BE VERY SCARY THE HIGH WATERS. I VOTE NOT TO SWIM WITH THE CROCS, YIKES! IF IT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER IT IS COLDER THAN HECK HERE, ALL THIS WEEK THE TEMPERATURES WILL BE -25 BELOW ZERO, TO SUM IT UP THAT IS DARN COLD!!!!! SO WHILE YOU'S ARE HOT, I AM A FROZEN TURD! HOPE HEARING THAT HELPS SOME.... ATLEAST IF IT WAS COLD THERE, YOU COULD ATLEAST WALK ON WATER. THAT IS WHAT WE DO BECAUSE OUR LAKES MAKE ICE SO THICK, IT IS ABOUT 18 INCHES OF ICE NOW ON OUR LAKES, WE CAN LITERALLY DRIVE OUR VEHICLES ON ALL THE LAKES & GO ICE FISHING.... TRUE STORY.
evilwomaniamshe
evilwomaniamshe

Postby Ally » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:57 am

oh that just sounds divine!!!! I am sure that I still have England flowing through my veins.......(all my family were born over there and it was only my brother and me that were born here) I would love to live in a cold climate!!

Now to just get that frozen turd image out of my head.......
[/url]
Ally

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:42 am

HAHAH Ally :P I too had trouble getting the image out of my head of a frozen turd.... :wink: :twisted:

Good luck hun, I hope you don't get washed away and I hope it cools down for you so that you can feel better!!! Poor thing :( :(
zeedeveelgirl

Postby SarahC » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:41 pm

Far out, that sounds terrible :shock: Hopefully it will clear up soon! I saw it on the news the other day about the crocs in Rockhampton... apparently one was quite close to town.
SarahC

Postby Ally » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:25 pm

He was close alright Sarah!! He (4m) and his lovely partner (2.8m) and their babies swim between the 2 bridges in the city heart!!! I will try and get a pic of the 2 bridges and post it....they have the river walk right by the river bank....buggered if I will do that walk again at high tide!!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby slimmindown » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:12 pm

hope that flood water stays away Ally, and the heat subsides soon. sounds like you needed that nap, i bet it was a shock when you woke up and looked at the clock 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby hushpuppy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:52 pm

HOpe u guys ok up there Ally
oh by the way we are having 23 days and 5 degree nites and it snowed on the mtns in hobart 3 days ago lol just thought i would tell ya
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Flame » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:57 pm

Thats it

Im movin to Tassie
101 here i come!!!!Image
Flame

Postby Ally » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:23 am

Me too!! Oh Jules that sounds sublime!!! Tassie here I come!

Yeah Deb I nearly choked when I got up and looked at the clock!!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby hushpuppy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:34 am

LOL i'll make up the spare room for u hehe
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Ally » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:37 am

Thanks Jules!!! :P
[/url]
Ally

Postby Simmy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:28 pm

At least its cooler today for you Ally! How are the rivers holding up - not near flood I hope! I laughed out loud at your swimming with resistance bands in the flood water and my bf asked me what's so funny! LOL
Simmy

Next

Return to Just Chatting