It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:10 pm

Free Newsletter

suggestions on loosing weight

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

suggestions on loosing weight

Postby Angel79 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:54 am

Hi guys i am new to this forum just wanted to know i use to weigh 104kgs and now i am down to 94kgs just seen some of the pics of people who have lost all that weight is there any suggestions on how i could loose some more my goal weight i want to get to is 60kgs.

i just also want to know what sort of diet is people doing and what else are they doing to loose the weight so quick..

thanks sem :)
Angel79

Postby electrongirl » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:18 am

Hi Sem and welcome!!

I am doing Weight watchers. I have had great success with it in the past, I just fall off the wagon too much!!

But I am determined to stick with it this time!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Angel79 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:36 am

thanks for ur reply the strange thing is i lost 12kgs without being on any diet but i drink alot of water and am busy around the house and stuff which i think i get my exercise from there but i want to beable to do a diet that will be a garanttee that i will loose the weight.

Angel79

Postby Lolly » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:41 am

Hey there.

I have been counting calories with http://www.calorieking.com.au which works for me - I need a stop point in the day otherwise I will overeat even if it is healthy stuff lol
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby Ally » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:20 am

I use a balance of carbs, protein, fruit and veg, dairy, fats and treats......
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Jisgone » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:45 am

i use calorie king and go to the gym 5-6 days a week, but when i first started losing i just made better food choices and went for walks every day! the most important thing is finding what works for u
Jisgone

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:45 pm

i just limit my carbs and eat lots of unprocessed fresh produce and drink lots of water to flush out the toxins :)
kate_turner2000

Postby bluebox451 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:48 pm

Hey Sem, if you have hit a plateau then your body has become accustomed to whatever you have been doing. You probably need to increase your exercise time or intensity and see what happens. If a person's diet already looks pretty good, I never tell them to decrease their consumption because if they keep doing that every time they plateau then slowly their metabolism will decrease due to not enough calories. If you think your diet is spot on then just change your exercise. If you think your diet could do with some help then tweak that a bit and see what happens. My weight loss stopped often and I just had to change something (usually my diet was to blame) for it to start moving again. Hope that helps.
Liz :D
bluebox451

Postby Angel79 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:22 pm

thanks guys for the reply.

yeah i normally watch what i eat and i normally drink alot of water which i think that is where i have lost most of my weight from with the foods i eat what i do wrong is not having breakfast or lunch and just having dinner as only one meal a deal which also doesnt help loosing the weight..

Angel79

Postby Lolly » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:18 am

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day Sem. Training yourself to eat it will be a challenge but your body will thank you for it in the long run.

As a former "nobrekkie-ee" I can attest to the difference it has made to me. I usually have brekky as my biggest meal now and enjoy them immensely :D
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby Angel79 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:09 am

thanks guys for the replys i think i just have to get my self motivated and to stick to a diet that will be good for me and go with that and i must make a effort to start eating breakfast.

Angel79

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:43 pm

I think differnet things work for differnent people for different reasons. You will need to find what works best for you but the general rule of thumb is more excersise and better eating.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Angel79 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:57 pm

thanks guys i will keep that in mind.
the most concern on my body to loose the weight is from waist down and trying to loose it is taking a long time and the worse part is when i fall off track and then start putting th weight back on.

Angel79

Return to Just Chatting