It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:27 pm

Free Newsletter

The funny yet embarrasing things that children do ....

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

The funny yet embarrasing things that children do ....

Postby Sassygirl » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:52 pm

Just starting a new topic .....

my eldest daughter, who was 5 at the time, came shopping with me (on TTOM) when I had to buy period pads. Wanting to know what they were used for, I tried to explain to her in terms that she would understand. SO I told her that they were nappies that mummys have to wear sometimes.

About a couple of months later, much to my embarrassment we were going down that aisle and at the top of her lungs she screams out "mummy do you need your nappies today?"

It didn't help that the aisle was full or mainly male shoppers. Needless to say I was red!!!! :oops:
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:02 pm

LOL ah the things kids come out with. that gave me a good giggle michelle thanks!

mick (my fiance) has come out with a few different funnies.

my favourite is calling neopoliton ice cream- napolean
kate_turner2000

Postby hushpuppy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:20 pm

LOL .
When my daughter was about 5 we were shopping . In the store was a lady pregnant (bout 8 mths) . My daughter at the top of her lungs yells " mummy i know what she has been doing" ..... She been making babies . My SIL was pregnant at the time so thats how it came about
I was very :oops:
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Chelle » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:13 pm

Same sort of story my neice had show & tell & could't think of anything to say or bring in so she thought of an idea when she got to school she got up in front of her Kindy class & told the children my mum was wearing wee wee bandaids this morning because there was blood everywhere where mum does wee's much to my sister inlaw embarassment when the teacher who was a male told her when she picked up her children in the afternoon
Chelle

Postby yummymummy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:16 pm

Ive got one too-
After teaching my then 3 yr old what the difference was between a girl and a boy I took her shopping and she proudly announced to the shop assistant that "YOU HAVE A VAGINA!!" the poor girl didnt know what to say
The joys of them :D
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Ally » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:32 am

hehehehehehe.......we were walking around the farm and came across a cigarette butt on the ground....we all tut tutted as it meant that my sister had dropped the butt on the ground instead of the ashtray...we were discussing that our brother wouldn't have done it as he uses an empty tin when we sat outside and my son pipes up and says "oh Uncle Paul left a whole packet of smokes in Nana's toilet" we all looked at each other in wonder and so we quizzed him a bit more and he was adamant that his uncle had left a whole packet in the loo....I went in and had a look and it was a packet of tampons that I had left there "just in case" I explained to him that they were for mummies and that it was for when I had my periods.....he raced outside and yelled out "it is ok uncle Kevin and dad they weren't smokes...they are for mummy when she gets her periods!!!" Needless to say I walked out very :oops: !!

When I had the twins my eldest daughter was all but 3 and 1/2 and she was watching the twins have their first bath in the hospital. They did Abigail first and that was ok, she sat there no worries and watched quite happily.....when they were bathing Christopher she looked with a strange look on her face and then got off the stool to have a closer inspection....she looked up at her dad (as she had only ever seen girls in her travels) and said quite matter of factly...." well that is not a proper wingle dad....it is an up and down one" Scott, my mum and the sister bathing Chris just collapsed with laughter!!! WE are set to remind her of this on her wedding day!!! :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:16 am

oh theyre classics!!!
kate_turner2000

Postby electrongirl » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:56 am

Kids are sometimes the best source of entertainment!

And embarrassment!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:06 am

well sometimes it's not just kids....

I was doing my shopping and the bloke was with me. I'm a cheapskate and it was in a pinch so I got homebrand pads also labeled as "sanitary napkins". We got to the counter, after the bloke having looked puzled for most of the shop, and having placed the offending item on the counter he said

"Why do we need napkins??"

the check out chick and I passed knowing and highly amused glances as I told him "I'll tell you later". Once in the car I couldn't stop laughing.

Also, same store, different check out chick, the bloke noticied "bikini" written on her hand. He said

"Are you going swimming this weekend then?"

She looked puzzled and said "no, why". he pointed it out and she went red and said "ah, no, that's a reminder for...ah...something..." I explained to him later that he had probably just asked her about her impending bikini wax appointment and HE couldn't stop laughing.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:08 pm

HAHAH that's fantastic, Tegan!! Those stories are priceless :P Yes, males can say the funniest things :P

Although.. when I was about 16/17 getting a lift into town with my dad and brother, I saw one of those big CSR mixing truck thingies, and I was like "why are they mixing sugar, Dad?!?!"
My brother and dad thought it was the funniest thing!! :oops:
zeedeveelgirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:15 pm

oh tegan im sure your bloke brings a lot of happiness into your life!
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:22 pm

hahahaha Tegan!! Gotta love the male "innocence" at times!!! they were both good ones!!

REminds me of the time I sent Scott off to get some Physical Milk...he came back puzzled and said they didn't have any...the lady at the checkout asked what he was looking for and he replied..."oh the missus wants some fizzy cow milk and I can't find it....needless to say we still laugh when we are around the milk department!! LOL :P
[/url]
Ally

Postby Dee » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:55 pm

My kids never fail to do things to make me laugh.

My baby boy started school this year - so I guess now that he's all grown up we won't hear quite so many of these little comments, but I live in hope that Lydia will entertain me for a few years yet!

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby milkyway » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:58 am

yummymummy wrote:Ive got one too-
After teaching my then 3 yr old what the difference was between a girl and a boy I took her shopping and she proudly announced to the shop assistant that "YOU HAVE A VAGINA!!" the poor girl didnt know what to say
The joys of them :D

I read this last night and I find myself still chuckling this morning whenever I think of it. It's going to be my 'happy thought' for the rest of the week :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Ally » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:46 am

OH Dee don't think that because they are at school, you won't hear ABOUT what they say!!! LOL :P
[/url]
Ally

Return to Just Chatting