It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:17 am

Free Newsletter

Valentine's Day

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:35 pm

AW SINGLE LIFE DOES HAVE ITS PERKS!
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:59 pm

Hay Kate - flowers and not having to "put out" - I say, does it get any better then that....LOL :lol:
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Dee » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:40 pm

How depressing that it ttom for so many of us on Valentine's Day!

We don't really celebrate it either, actually, but we do make a point of spending a special day together at some point in January - as sort of a start to the New Year thing. Hubby's last day of annual leave today - so an early night for him and I'm spending Valentine's eve with you lovely folk. :)

Love and happy thoughts to all of you

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby Jisgone » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:24 am

i was a bit bored tonight and my ex (i saw him for about 4 weeks just before i started this weight loss) was messaging me seeing how i was so we decided to catch up for some dvd's. i went over there and all night he didnt stop going on about how good i look, but my favourite bit was him saying 'i always thought u were pretty but now your awesome' maybe its just me, but i found this kind of insulting! and now he wants me to go see him again tomorrow, im trying to find the polite words for bugger off jerk hehe its like suddenly im good enough now or something
Jisgone

Postby Lolly » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:47 am

I got some really sweet text messages last night from Bob :D

Yesterday I was chatting with a fella on the phone (as I do all day at work) and I asked if he was doing anything for Valentines Day. this is what he said to me

"I don't need a special day to spoil my wife and show her how much I love her"

It was just beautiful and made me get a bit warm and fuzzy :lol:
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:24 am

hey jewles cant believe you met up with the tosser! lol. i think he mustve been trying to rekindle something there! i wouldve been insulted too. it shouldnt matter what he thinks you look like now or before. just tell him you aint interested- you deserve better!

hey lolly i often read the opinion section on smh.com.au and all these people were writing the same thing. i just think in the world today some people dont stop and think of things like loved ones enough. mick tells me every day that he loves me and does some sweet gestures, but it doesnt hurt him or myself to have a special day that we share with everyone in the world of express our love for one another. i know we all shouldnt need a day to share with everyone and the past few years we havent made a big deal about it, but this year i put my foot down! it doesnt hurt everyone on the 14th february every year to show the one they love just how much they love them be it with tangible or non tangible ways :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Jisgone » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:16 am

I think he suddenly wanted to rekindle things once he saw me again! but im definately not going there, im still the same person just looking a little different so if i wasnt good enough then im not good enough now! after i got home last night he sent me an sms saying 'oh my god u look so hot at the moment ive been missing out' so for the past over 6 months that i havent seen him he hasnt been missing out but suddenly now hes seen me again im worthy of being missed! grr stupid male pig :P
Jisgone

Postby Ally » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:45 am

Hey Jules....great going mate, enjoy your low fat feast and your books!!!

Jewels....I am with Kate, can't believe you met up with him, but in a way I guess you get to see WHY you broke up!!! Good on you for not being sucked in by his empty words!!

Lolly....my hubbie is the most loving and affectionate man on the planet, we tell each other we love each other every day and often he will pop home with something "special" for me, but he loves Valentine's Day and sees it as something "extra" that he can do for me on a designated day of the year...a lot of fellas say that to get out of it!! LOL. I was explaining to my daughter as she got a note from a "special" friend yesterday that that handwritten note was worth more than an expensive card or flowers etc as it came from his heart. A lot of people receive "empty" gifts of expensive flowers cards etc. (she then told me that she already new this and said that she will treasure it forever! :roll: ) Geez I feel so ripped off sometimes that she is so savvy!!

And on a final note (what I received for Valentines Day is in the Confessional section!!) My TOM stopped in time for the day!!! Needless to say it was quite a good day yesterday!!! LOL
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:49 am

well....

i am glad someone got some lovin' on valentines day ally!!! hahaha whoohoo

hey jewles... sorry but he seems like a jerk to me. you are right you are the same person you were before but now you know that you can do better than him for a boyfriend!! you go girlfriend~!
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:01 am

hehehehehe I am glad too Kate!!! 8)
[/url]
Ally

Postby Justjudy » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:54 am

Hey Jewels, don't go there. Sounds like a right tosser to me. What is on the inside is far more important than what is on the outside, so if he is looking at the outside he is pretty shallow.
It sounds like Valentines day was reasonably good all round. Even I got spoilt - a lovely text message and two lovely roses from interstate. And I am not even attached. :lol:
Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Ally » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:42 pm

oooh I sense goss there Judy!! LOL :P
[/url]
Ally

Postby Green_Butterfly » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:45 pm

me and my boyfriend always make each other cards, instead of buying them........and this yr there was some friendly competition as to whos valentines day card would be better. (mine kicked his ass last yr :D)

anyway, we were both on the floor laughing for a long time when we exchanged cards, and to out suprise we had both made each other a card using the joke from the simpsons where ralph gives lisa a card with a train on it and writes "i choo choo choose you". We pretty much made IDENTICAL cards.

I think we spend to much time together :)

hope you all had a lovely day

**Bec**
Life's a garden, dig it!!!
Green_Butterfly

Postby Jisgone » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:00 pm

we broke up because he worked night shifts and i worked days so it was all very civil, but cause we were only together a month i dont think i saw his jerky side until last night!
Jisgone

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:58 pm

aw green butterfly thats so cute! and very creative :)
kate_turner2000

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting