It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:04 am

Free Newsletter

Saving Babies

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby hushpuppy » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:23 pm

You guys have guts there is no way could i watch that i get all teary when the add comes on with the mum and baby (me thinks its a nappy add or something) u guys would have heard me howl all da way on the mainland . Im the worlds biggest sook
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:43 am

lol thats ok jules all of us were howling together!
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:43 pm

There was not a dry eye in the house. Me & hubby cried through the whole episode....

It brought back memories with my 2nd child he got stuck behind my pelvic bone & the cord was wrapped around his neck, they were slamming into my stomach to get him out when they finally got braydon out he went into cardiatric arrest could't breath for a while had about 20 doctors in the room his face was so swallon balck & blue for a week he looked like one of them rolly dog of how swallon his face was he could't even open up his eyes thats how swallon he was. But he pulled through thanks to the nurses & doctors of there quick thinking. & now a healthy & happy 2 1/2 half year old boy
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:21 am

wow how scary for you chelle :(
kate_turner2000

Postby Lolly » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:32 am

Both my boys were premmie - 4 weeks early and with premature lung disease.

They had to be flown out of Grafton and Goof went to Camperdown, Nathan to Sydney Childrens Hospital at Randwick.

It was a very stressful time. Watching your baby be intubated is not pretty and seeing them in those cribs is awful. The worst part was that I was not there with Goof - they only take one parent and his father went - so I wasn't there at all and was stuck in a maternity ward with all these new bubs for a week.

When Nathan was born, we knew he would have problems so I was more prepared but it was still awful. I took pics as the equipment came off each day - it was like an unveiling. Then when I got home, the film didn't work - that was the end of me, I had held up until that stage :lol:

I did watch the shows and they brought back so many memories that I sat there and cried along with the rest of Australia.
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby Ally » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:42 am

bugger it I missed it again!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:06 am

no you didnt miss it ally! its on thursdays :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:39 am

hahhaha :oops: well that is good then
[/url]
Ally

Postby I Can Do It » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:48 am

I haven't seen this yet, but do plan to watch it. I enjoyed "From Here To Maternity" on Foxtel recently.

My pregnancies (all 4) were difficult. One healthy baby followed by two miscarriages, then another healthy baby. I had dreadful blood pressure during my pregnancies and I am pretty sure it was the reason for my miscarriages (I am Factor V deficient).

With both my daughters, I was hospitalised from 32 weeks until delivery because of blood pressure. They were both induced at 37 weeks and although a bit small, they were fine. My placenta with Indy (second child) wasn't too good at all.
I will get there by the last day of 2007!!!
I Can Do It

Postby lollilova » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:06 am

Oh Lolly, that must have been soooooo hard for you. I can't even imagine that sort of pain. I am assuming they are both healthy now?

I have been very luck with my two boys, born on due dates with natural births. Hearing all these stories makes me realise just how lucky I am! Although as I am writing this Devil Child is trying to get my attention to tell me that he has just painted his table and chairs and carpet with yoghurt. I really don't want to turn around and deal with it this early in the morning!

I have seen the previews for Saving Babies but I don't think I would be able to watch it. Too heart wrenching for my liking!

Bianca
Bianca x

lollilova

Postby Lolly » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:24 am

Darl you find the strength within you to cope - don't know where it came from but it was there - that and family support helped me through.
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby Dee » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:54 pm

I had completely horrible pregnancies - I also had the horride blood pressure problems, and several miscarriages in between two gorgeous children, and by the time they delivered Dane by emergency c- section my placenta was just a black gritty mess. There is no more gut wrenching moment than lying there on the operating table, knowing that they have your bub is sight and hearing someone say 'We have a problem here - where's the paediatrician?" Thank God both my kids coped with only a few days of Special Care Nursery - it was heartwrenching enough just to be told I couldn't hold my baby for the first day.

My prayers go out to all those parents whose kids have to fight for life.

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby Ally » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:23 am

Yeah I hear ya Dee.....It took a little while for my little fella to realise he was in the outside world and had to breathe on his own!! It was horrible as they were still getting his twin sister out and we were all waiting to hear him cry and all we could here was come on little fella you can do it, come on mate and then do you want me to page.....he started to cry and I think there was just this huge collective sigh in the room. They were in special care nursery for a few days, but other than that they were fine....I can only imagine the heartache of having something wrong with bub from the minute they are born! I admire the parents who battle through and have the strength to go on......

I watched the episode the other night and just sat there and bawled my way through it...I know that they say every story has a happy ending, but it is the parents raw emotion that strikes me in the heart everytime and to see those little tiny babies laying there, it just hurts!!
[/url]
Ally

Previous

Return to Just Chatting