It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:26 am

Free Newsletter

Bad Week

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Bad Week

Postby garn » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:01 am

Hi Everyone,
I am having a really bad week...I had a 'disagreement' with my husband who now hasnt spoken to me since Friday night. He made me a handmade Valentines Day card which now has gone 'missing'. I feel like things are slipping away quite quickly and dont know how approach this. Weve been married for 9 years and it seems its going down the gurgler over a stupid argument over buying a house...i took a conservative approach where he wants to go all out and buy with whatever the bank says we can borrow...i dont know what i did that was so wrong apart from being cautious. I know he thinks i tell him what he 'can and can't' have but it is what i believe in...really i would rather buy a house than a $60000 car wouldnt you?. I feel sad, frustrated and angry and i just needed to let that out. So thanks for listening and hope i have depressed you all too much. Anita

Mini Goal 100
garn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:28 am

Image anita

we all have arguements with our partners- its part of being in a relationship i think. i dont really know what to advise you to do, i can definately see your point of view and i too, am cautious with spending. all i can say is i hope you feel better soon and everything works out. keep us updated mate
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:37 pm

Yep i agree Kate! I hope everything resolves itself for you mate.....let us know how things pan out, but I am sure you both just need time to sort things through in your own minds....there is nothing wrong with being cautious, particularly when spending large amounts of money like that....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby lollilova » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:48 pm

You can never be too cautious with money.

I hope that you and your husband can work things out. It is horrible when you can't be civil living under the same roof.

Perhaps cook him a nice dinner, buy him some flowers and try to have a talk. (Men like the guesture of flowers more than we think!) When the voices start to raise, agree to disagree, and continue to TALK about it later. You can't get anywhere when you are arguing.

Let us know how you go, you are in our thoughts.

Big hugs xxx

Bianca
Bianca x

lollilova

Postby Justjudy » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:26 pm

Anita, my heart goes out to you. It is not easy to come to an agreement when you both have opposite ideas in mind. I hope that the problem resolves itself and the two of you come to a decision together. Just know that we are all here for you. Let us know how things are going.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Return to Just Chatting