It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:20 am

Free Newsletter

Back pain

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Back pain

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:25 pm

hey guys

the past few weeks my back has been killing me. i have to go to the dr's next month for a number of reasons so i will get him to check it out then however i was wondering if anyone has any stretches or exercises they know if that i can do to ease the pain? i feel 42 weeks pregnant again with this back pain! (no im not up the duff!) and if anyone can help please do!!
thanks in advance guys!
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:51 pm

Oh Kate I can sympothise with you over back pain ... I get it constantly around TTOM - although this time it has continued - so I am off to the Dr's as well (also get pelvic pain and pains down my legs). I can blame mine on age ........... :cry:

Hopefully someone will come to your aid!!!! :D
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:00 pm

mine is still the same whether its ttotm or not though :( i always get to thinking more sinister things too. i have also started getting bad headaches and still worrying about that lesion they found on my cervix last december- even though the pap smear came back fine. so i have to go and get my script for my pill again next month so im just going to see what the dr's say. really wish they would give me a scan to check theres nothing sinister- im a real worrier :(
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:17 pm

Hay you are not alone. I had lumps checked out in my breasts - which turned out to be hormonal - but it doesn't stop you from worrying. In regards to my pains - my doctor seems to think that it may be Endometriosis - so I have to get a referral and head off to a gyno!!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Fairie » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:15 pm

I could not servive without my 3 monthly visit to the chiropractor. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Chelle » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:50 am

You can try some of the pilates stretches like the cat stretch or using the fit ball but you are best to go to the chiropractor. When I ever have a sore back I put hot packs on to get the blood warmed up put some deep heat & try & massage it in or get my hubby to deep tissue massage it hurts at the time but it does help. Hope your back gets better
Chelle

Postby Ally » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:12 am

Hi Kate when I buggered my sciatica nerve the doc gave me some back exercises I will dig them out and email them to you matey!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:17 pm

thanks everyone for their suggestions- if you think of any more let me know! as for the response to dee's post which seems to have disappeared! i know what you mean, i know my body better than anyone and if my dr shrugs it off then i will ask him to do some tests or get a second opinion. thanks everyone!
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:49 pm

Hi Kate,

I always find that a trip to the Osteopath always sorts me out. I am always amazed how I'll go in there with a sore leg and discover that I've actually injured a hip!

My other favourite alternative therapy I swear by is acupuncture - but generally I need a few sessions to get the benefit (so can be quite expensive) whereas I usually just need one trip to the osteo and I feel 250% better immediately.

I hope your back continues to improve.

And even if you have any concerns about your health at all, by all means get it checked and double and even triple checked. Don't worry if the doctor thinks you're worrying unnecessarily - do you what you need to do to get peace of mind.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Fairie » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:07 pm

I will dig them out and email them to you matey!!

Me to please Ally :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Ally » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:18 pm

Ok Fay I will go and hunt for them tonight and send them to you!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Return to Just Chatting