It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:39 pm

Free Newsletter

Weightloss and an IVF cycle

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Weightloss and an IVF cycle

Postby Draco » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:42 am

I said in the other thread that I would start a seperate thread so kate and others can follow along with my IVF cycle..
Even my doc couldn't predict how it would effect my weightloss, so I'm very curious to see what happens.

I started the cycle yesterday and I'm in what's known as 'down regulation'.. I use a sniffed drug called Synarel to suppress my own production of the hormones that control egg development and ovulation. Then, when my system is dormant (the end of next week or the beginning of the week after) , I will take a synthetic hormone to overstimulate development.

It's too early to tell if it's had an effect on my weight or not yet.. But I'll keep y'all posted :)
~die of nothing but a rage to live~

Draco

Postby Sassygirl » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:34 pm

Ohhh I hated taking that Synarel drug - I swear I could taste it at the back of my throat! Best wishes for the cycle! :D
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:48 pm

eww my sister told me about that spray. i guess its all worth it in the end if you have a little bubba! cant wait to read more best wishes for this cycle mate!
kate_turner2000

Postby Draco » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:40 am

Blech.. You're not wrong - the Synarel spray is yuck. You sniff and then a few minutes later you can taste it dripping out of your sinus. On the scale of gross things, that stuff rates right up there.

The daily needles are a piece of cake compared to Synarel.
~die of nothing but a rage to live~

Draco

Postby Ally » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:45 am

All the best Draco......this is actually quite interesting to me as I never thought it was such an involved process...thanks for sharing it with us mate!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Sassygirl » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:01 pm

I agree with you Draco - the needles where ok, the internal ultrasound to count your eggies is ok - but that horrible, yuckie, disgusting sniffer drug - was the absolute pits - but I would do it again in a heartbeat!!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Return to Just Chatting