It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:45 pm

Free Newsletter

roll on winter

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

roll on winter

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:15 pm

I gotta just say I am so over summer already...we've had a hot & humid one this year and even though it's officially over this week we've got predicted 40 degree temperatures into March...very unhelpful for poor people trying to lose weight...if I could afford gym fees or pool fees I'd be ok but really I've only got walking at this stage and I just haven't been able to do as much as I've wanted due to the weather

I guess it's given me more motivation to lose the weight though...next time around I will have much less insulation :lol:
Cheers, Mary

If I could find a ticker for measurements it would say I'm on the way from a waist measurement of 134cm to one of 70cm (currently at 129cm)
mary_in_adelaide

Postby Justjudy » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:03 pm

Oh Mary I really feel for you.

I am in the same predicament - gym and pool fees (not to mention a lack of transport at the moment) are out of my reach, so it is walking all the way. Fortunately it has not been as hot as usual here, so I have been able to keep going (with lots of sweating) for my walks.

Less insulation makes all the difference - so next year bring on the heat I say. :lol:

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Lolly » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:10 pm

I loooooooooove winter, you can go walking at any time of the day and it isn't too hot :lol:
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:44 pm

oh mary the heat is really knocking you about this year isnt it. we had a hot one here today as well. and ive been to africa so i know hot! i cant wait for fluffy slippers, flanelette pjs, dressing gowns, and trackies!
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:54 pm

Yeah the weather in Adelaide is hopeless at the moment... When I was out today the radio said it was 28degrees but it felt about 35?!?! Dunno what happened there but it's just been constantly horrible weather lately.. it's supposed to be back up to 40 by Friday. GRRR!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:07 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:ive been to africa so i know hot!

Ditto Kate. I can do dry heat forever. I've been right through the Middle East and Africa...both were hot as hades but no humidity.

There's a reason I don't travel to tropical areas and don't live in Far North Queensland...I HATE HUMIDITY

*walks away mumbling about going to live in the desert*

:lol:
Cheers, Mary

If I could find a ticker for measurements it would say I'm on the way from a waist measurement of 134cm to one of 70cm (currently at 129cm)
mary_in_adelaide

Postby Dee » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:20 pm

I am with you all the way - bring on the RAIN!

I figure you can always put on more clothes, but there are only so many clothes you can take off without being arrested!

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby milkyway » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:07 pm

This is the first time in my life that I've actually been over summer. Bring on Autumn, I say... and I'm sooo over summer clothes... is there anything out there to buy that at least has sleeves and isn't see through :shock:
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Chelle » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:17 am

I feel for you mary!!!!! Try & exercise inside to try & beat the heat this summer... I can't remember what the humidity is like for a while coz I live on the mid north coast & we don't get the humidity up here but I know when I visit family in sydney I get knocked around with the heat... Just do what you can do at the moment & try & focus your weight loss in the cooler months goodluck :!:
Chelle

Postby Ally » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:50 am

Oh Mary it sounds like you have scored Rocky temps and humidity this summer......glad to have passed it on, but it could have gone somewhere else :P . I hope things ease for you soon!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:02 am

mary_in_adelaide wrote:
kate_turner2000 wrote:ive been to africa so i know hot!

Ditto Kate. I can do dry heat forever. I've been right through the Middle East and Africa...both were hot as hades but no humidity.

yeah some parts were dry heat but up in cameroon and equatorial guinea it was humid heat. so muggy especially on the mountain. its so strange to think of adelaide as getting hot, i thought it would be a cooler place to live - but i guess everywhere has its own certain heat- be it tropical or dry. chin up mary nearly over with!
kate_turner2000

Postby Fairie » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:05 pm

I agree Mary our temp here at the moment is driving me mad :twisted: :twisted: I would so love a few days at 20, winter is my fav season.

I have bad knees (damaged in 2 seperate car accidents), my right one has no kneecap and I have never been in this much pain as I have been this summer. :(

sounds like you have scored Rocky temps and humidity this summer......glad to have passed it on

Thanks Ally :roll:
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Ally » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:19 pm

hehehe sorry Fay, normally we are up here sweating bars of rock, but we have had quite a pleasant summer all up with just a few of the horrible days you guys are having down there...I feel for you all, but it is nice to have a break!! :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Return to Just Chatting