It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:25 pm

Free Newsletter

Singlet tops

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Singlet tops

Postby zoeh » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:06 pm

Ok this might seem a bit mundane but does anyone know where I can buy singlet tops with thin straps where the straps do not stretch?

I have bought so many singlet tops from Body (which is a beautiful shop) and all of them have stretched... its really annoying because they have nice simple designs and nice colours and are not low cut

I have a few singlet tops from Bonds but they are soooo ragged and stretched and they are a bit lower cut

and I have a singlet top from Berlei which has a great inbuilt bra thing but again it is a bit low cut for my liking...

Just simple plain thin strap singlets with a nice cut to them and are longish... (not midriff or sort of finish before the top of my pants)

Any recommendations?
zoeh

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:18 pm

hmmm they dont make good quality clothes these days do they! i like crossroads for clothes. i have a singlet top from there and it has lasted me years.
kate_turner2000

Postby zoeh » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:56 pm

crossroads, i'll check it out

these days particularly with dance class, i find myself wrapping my singlet straps around my bra strap so my singlet doesnt fall down, it can be a bit uncomfortable..
zoeh

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:59 pm

i can see what u mean. have u tried tank tops? the tops are thicker and stay in place better.
kate_turner2000

Postby zoeh » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:25 pm

Yeah i have a couple but I like the look of thin strap ones

To be honest most of the time I wear a thin strap singlet then a tank top over the top. Normally that way the thin strap singlet shows up at the bottom because generally they are longer... so the thin strap one covers the bottom part more and the tank covers the top part - where the thin strap one moves...

does that make sense?

it would be nice if i could just find one singlet that fits nice and doesnt go out of shape

I also sort of find that the tank tops enhance the bust a bit more, maybe its because the thinner strap singlets bring more attention to the shoulder area, which is where I would prefer attention to be on...
zoeh

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:18 am

ah ok so its more for aesthetic reasons as opposed to comfort. have u tried those belly belts- theyre these tube things that you wear around ur waist. a lot of dancers are wearing them these days
kate_turner2000

Postby Lolly » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:30 am

Try Rivers Zoeh - they have great quality clothing in there - and it is relatively cheap in the way of pricing for what you get.
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby Chelle » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:46 am

I don't think crossroads would have much in stock as they are getting there winter clothing it might be hard to find much at this time of year but if I see any around I will let you know
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:27 pm

usually they have them on the racks to go under certain tops. i also found that best and less have some as well that are long in length in their sports wear section
kate_turner2000

Return to Just Chatting