It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:00 pm

Free Newsletter

smokers, non smokers, used to be smoker???? a lil help!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby electrongirl » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:39 am

Yep, I met him on a website called Red vs Blue.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would first meet someone on the internet and secondly fly all the way to the US to meet them!!

Now we are very happily married!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:29 am

good on ya nikki :) its nice to hear stories like that
kate_turner2000

Postby Green_Butterfly » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:21 pm

hi Grant,
I was a smoker- and on the day I quit- I signed up to this forum. The best advice I can give is don't look at is as quitting smoking- because that is a horrible thing, because if you are anything like I was- cigarettes are your friend. They calm you down, they are a treat when you finish something, a pick me up when you feel down, a social thing to do with a friend, and by focusing on simply quitting, well thats where i went wrong. But I really went for it this time by being committed to my health. I knew i needed to drop a few excess kilos, and really made the whole quitting thing part of my new life. I focused my energy on excercise and healthy eating. I must say the hardest times for me were on the weekends- when I'm out having a drink with friends.

I wish you luck- IT'S NOT EASY! Don't listen to anyone who says it is! But it IS 100 times more rewarding than being a smoker. And it is achievable. You can do it!

**Bec**
Life's a garden, dig it!!!
Green_Butterfly

Postby aramat1980 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:10 pm

i gave up cold turkey. i stopped during both pregnancies and while breastfeeding but in Feb last year realised my older son (now 4) was noticing people smoking and i decided that i wasn't going to have him thinking it was alright to smoke etc. it was for my kids and now for me. Good luck!
aramat1980

Previous

Return to Just Chatting