It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:54 am

Free Newsletter

Kids....

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby corolla_chick » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:24 pm

Chunkster wrote:Man...reading that is scary... :shock: I don't have kids...I do have 2 kittens though and they are driving me crazy. It frightens me to think about how kids can do your head in so much. I think I'll stick to the kittens for the moment and leave the serious stuff to all you brave ladies!!! :lol:

i have 2 cats as well. one of them peed in my handbag this week :( :( :(
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:31 pm

makes perfect sense to me - if at first you don't succeed, try try try again - on mum's couch. :lol:

As hard as it may be, during this 'trouble period' try focusing doubly hard on his good behaviour (stop laughing, I'm sure there is SOME) and rewarding him for that and be firm and direct with telling off for bad behaviour so that it is clear to him 1) what he is in trouble for and 2) why what he did was wrong. That way he learns 1) what is good and what you would like him to do and 2) what is unacceptable and why this is so and what will happen when he does the wrong thing.

I speak of course with NO experience in child care, just grounding in Psych so feel free to pooh pooh me anyone and everyone :oops:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby lollilova » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:04 am

Im sorry Dee,

But I was actually laughing when I read your post... he cut your couch!?!?! :shock: I know it seems funny to me and I am sure it isn't. I also know that if it happened to me I would be going out of my mind... but he cut your couch!!! He is obviously a cleaver kid because of the excuse he came up with.

I'm sorry but I don't have any tips for you. Mine are 2 (nearly) and 4.5 months so I guess I have all this to look forward to! And because I was laughing at you it is bound to happen to me in a few years time.

Is you son hanging around new friends? Could they be influencing him?

Good luck!

Bianca
Bianca x

lollilova

Postby Justjudy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:32 am

Dee wrote:My son is DRIVING ME MAD at the moment :evil:

He's normally a REALLY good kid - energetic, but polite, helpful and really sensitive to other kids, etc. But lately he's been doing really naughty things.
Today I hear that last week at after school sports he copied a couple of other boys and mooned his teammates.
A few days ago he tried to cut a straight line in my couch. (When I asked him what he was thinking he said to me " I can't cut a straight line on paper, so I tried something else." GGRRRRR

Dee

That was a good excuse Dee, just shows how intelligent he really is. I have had 3 good excuse makers - everything from "I am allergic to grey meat" when one didn't want to eat his pork chop, to "I am doing a scientific experiment, and seeing how long it takes for the lawn to hit ankle height" when the lawn was left unmowed. Take heart, he may become a barrister when he grows up. :lol:

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby yummymummy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:34 am

Oh Dee you poor love hang in there!! Ive got no advise at all Im at a loss with my own darling boy :? maybe we can swap !!!
I get the focus on the positives in stressful times and it really helps those naughty situations I think sometimes I need to stand back for a bit and put the situation in perspective I get a little caught up in how naughty he is and forget the good bits too!
Is very quiet today he is at kindy so I can think!!
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Iwillbefit » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:20 pm

Oh man, just sit tight and hang in there its like a little cyclone and when it blows over it'll be all allright hopefully.

Reminded me of the times I had with my daughter :x Boy, she was driving me mental - no joke, she was one of those who would throw herself on the ground in the middle of the shopping centre. Poor girl, we've only just found that she's got a speech problem, and throwing a tantrum was her only way of expressing her frustration!!

Just hang in there, and try to count to ten before you react:)
I cracked the 90kg mark for the first time in two years, I'm happy!!
Iwillbefit

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:44 pm

hey iwillbefit, my 14 month old daughter does that. in the middle of carparks and shops etc it is really embarrassing. at home when she does it i just walk away. but u cant when there are immediate dangers like carparks etc. god help me when the terrible twos start!
kate_turner2000

Postby Dee » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:38 pm

Dane came home from school today and said
"Mummy, I'm sorry for being very naughty." It took me half a second to realise he wasn't telling me he'd done something else, but actually trying to repent.

But you're all right, I'm sure in a couple of months I'll be able to laugh at all this - in fact at the moment I find myself laughing about it, I have to try so hard to stay stern... avoid hysterical giggles. hehehe

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:23 pm

That's great the message is getting through - at least he knows that he has been naughty, now he just needs the good alternatives to fill in the gap.

I was at the supermarket once and a dad was pushing round the trolly with little misses 2yo and 5yo approx. The 2yo was screaming like a trooper for something and to this guy's credit he was calmly pushing along the aisle saying, "nope, you'll have to scream louder than that". The whole of his trip. was fantastic
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Previous

Return to Just Chatting