It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:25 am

Free Newsletter

day out

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

day out

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:56 pm

kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:42 pm

550kg! I didn't realise that would even be possible :shock:
SarahC

Postby Sassygirl » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:51 pm

I am totally speechless .... :(
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby grugwashere » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:56 pm

oh my god.....
wow... good on him for losing the wieght though and without surgery!!!

but what im wondering is how you get to be 550KG befroe doing something about
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby milkyway » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:09 pm

And what about those who enabled him? If he wasn't leaving the house, how was he getting all the food?
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Dee » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:02 pm

That's what I wonder when you read these stories about people who never get off their beds - where does all the food come from?

It really puts the battle I have ahead of me into perspective - you'd wonder how you'd ever get motivated to do anything at 550kgs.

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby Justjudy » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:18 am

milkyway wrote:And what about those who enabled him? If he wasn't leaving the house, how was he getting all the food?

I have to echo you Milkyway. I can't work out for the life of me why someone would enable a person they loved to get to the point in their lives where they were so overweight that they couldn't even leave their bed.

Good on him though for losing the weight without surgery. If his story stops 1 person from getting to the stage he was or inspires just 1 person that is bedridden to try to lose the weight that is keeping them there, his journey is worth double.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:42 am

yeah it was also on the channel ten news at 5 too wth footage and all these people in the street rejoicing.
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:10 pm

There was a half tonne man on Amazing Medical Stories last night. He weighed over 1000 pounds. His wife was overweight, but not obese. He and his wife had never consumated their relationship. It was physically impossible.

He could only lie on his stomach because if he laid on his back, his weight crushed his lungs and he couldn't breathe. They had to cut down a wall of his house to get him out and into a special ambulance.

His skin was stretched to the point of capacity - so stretched he was losing fluid thorugh his skin. He lost about 200kg in about 4 months!

He solely blamed genetics for his condition. He reduced the quantity of what he was eating, but he was still eating KFC ("good protein" :roll:) and potato chips etc. He swore black and blue that he ate no more than an average person, but the doctor swore that he had to have been eating 15000 calories a day to maintain that weight.

Another obese person on the show made the point comparing his addiction to food, to alcoholics and drug addicts -- at least recovering alcoholics and drug addicts aren't forced to have a little bit of heroin or alcohol every day, whereas he has to have a little bit of food everyday. I could see his point.

Anyway, the half tonne man was such a loud, rude, pushy thing, that you could only imagine how much of a bully he would have been to his wife, if she didn't bring him his favourite foods, and plenty of 'em. She seemed really timid and he would talk over her all the time. So no doubt she had some serious self-confidence issues and if he was her only source of love, she'd probably do anything to cling to it, even if it meant not-so-slowly killing her husband. :cry:

So I guess it gave me a bit of insight into how people might enable someone to become so deathly ill. The interviewer did ask the wife, but of course he talked over the top of her while she looked nervous and he basically said what a tyrant he could be if he didn't get his own way.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Green_Butterfly » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:45 pm

I saw that show too milkyway- how horrible was that man. His wife was being interviewed, and he must have been out of camera shot and he let out this massive burp, totally interupter her and laughed. He is not doing much for the stigma surrounding seriously obese thats for sure.

I have to give it to the man in the article for not getting surgery and having faith in him self to lose the weight..I know that if i were in his situation i would probably opt for the fastest solution.

**Bec**
Life's a garden, dig it!!!
Green_Butterfly

Postby Ally » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:25 am

I missed that show last night!! However with the 454kg man in question.......what could he do to his wife if she refused to bring him food...what could he get up and chase her down or something?? I think not as if he is too fat and lazy to get his own food, then he ain't gonna be a phsical threat to her!! Sorry if that sounds harsh as it sure sounds like this lady has been conditioned over time to believe the crap he has dished out...maybe someone should point that out to her!! It is feral pigs like this man, that give obese people a bad name and then we are tended to be all lumped in the same category!! GGRRRRRR ...yes yes I am going to the Cranky Corner right now! :x
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Chelle » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:12 am

wow good on him for lossing all that weight, with out an opp
Chelle

Return to Just Chatting