It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:49 pm

Free Newsletter

Feeling Low ......

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Feeling Low ......

Postby Sassygirl » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:41 pm

every had a day where you feel like nothing is ever going to go right, where you feel sooo low, where even the smallest thing makes you so mad --- well today is one of those days for me. I just feel like hiding under my covers and not coming out. Don't want to see anyone, talk to anyone or care about anything. Oh well ..... I have had these days before and I know I will have them again ..... just feel soooooo low at the moment. Thanks for listening :cry:
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:58 pm

Big Hug ((((((Sassygirl))))))

Sometimes it's ok to wallow in a bit of self-pity. Not forever but for a while it's OK to say "I've had a crap day/week/whatever and I'm pissed off about it". It's more honest than pretending everything is Ok when it isn't.

Until very recently I used to deal with these kind of days by eating huge amounts of food.

Now that isn't an option I still indulge...but choose something a little healthier such as

* rent/dig out a funny movie and make some air-popped popcorn
* indulge in a bit of retail therapy that won't blow your budget the budget (a book or CD or something)
* ring up a girlfriend who will understand your gripes and will know when to agree with you that your life sucks and when to tell you to get over yourself

Hope you feel better soon
Cheers, Mary

If I could find a ticker for measurements it would say I'm on the way from a waist measurement of 134cm to one of 70cm (currently at 129cm)
mary_in_adelaide

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:37 pm

hell yes sassy! i have days like that but with a 14 month old daughter i cant stay in bed any day of the week because there is too much to do and i have a little person relying on me. i always feel better after a bit of exercise and healthy eating and water drinking. cheer up soon mate and if u need anything let us know xoxox
kate_turner2000

Postby Justjudy » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:06 pm

I know exactly how you are feeling Sassy. I have had a similar day - even the whole week. It is easy to let it get on top of you - I know that I have this week and my whole eating plan went out the window :oops: - though I am lucky, I have two very boisterous boys to keep me in check.

Go back to bed if you can, and have a good nights sleep so that tommorrow you can get up and start a new day. If that doesn't work, just take little baby steps with things until you start feeling better.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby electrongirl » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:58 pm

Oh man!! I only just read this!!

I hope your feeling better! Drop me a line if you need to talk ok!

We should meet up and have coffee one day!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Sassygirl » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:38 pm

Ohh thanks guys (rather teary at this point). You just feel so lost when you are feeling like this - like no one understands - but now I know that I am not alone. It is just a horrible feeling to have - but I did go to my kids Bush Dance at their school and sat with some good friends, laughed a little and felt a bit better (after 1/2 glass of wine!).

I just wish my darling husband would understand a little better then he does - but he is trying (very trying sometimes).

THanks Nikki - will have to do that :)

Sassygirl

Postby milkyway » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:45 pm

Hi Sassygirlglad to hear you're feeling at least a little bit better. Good on you for getting out of the house -- I'm pretty sure I can guess how much of an effort that was. Take care and enjoy your Sunday.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby SarahC » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:24 am

Glad you are feeling a little better Sassygirl! It is a horrible feeling... know it very well. Getting out and being with friends always helps :)
SarahC

Postby Ally » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:52 am

Hey Sassy we understand!!! We all have days like these and nothing anyone says can make you feel better so I won't throw advice at you....I will give you one of these instead.......ImageHope you feel better soon!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Sassygirl » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:14 pm

Hay a huge thank you to everyone who listened and gave me some advice - It was a really low weekend for me (haven't been that low for a long time). Anyway - gave myself a good swift kick up the butt and am feeling better thismorning. So big hugs to everyone :lol:

Sassygirl

Postby Ally » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:27 pm

Right back at ya Sassy....there is nothing better than a self-arse kick to really boot you back to reality!! Glad you are feeling better again mate!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby slimmindown » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:55 am

just read your thread sassy girl, glad you are feeling better, the forum members are fantastic arent they and always there for you, i love this site. Hope you have a good week and stay feeling better :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Return to Just Chatting