It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:59 am

Free Newsletter

Krispy Kremes

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Krispy Kremes

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:00 am

kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:11 am

We've got a Krispy Kreme fundraiser going around work at the moment. It's for a really good cause - I want to give some money, but don't want the donuts. I wonder if that's possible lol...

I'm doing the Relay for Life in a couple of weeks time. Much better! I get to raise money for cancer and get some excercise at the same time. And don't have to eat donuts or chocolate :D
SarahC

Postby Donk » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:38 am

Great work on the relay for life there, that's something I'd love to do, this is the 14km one isn't it? I'd like to set some sort of goal to run the full thing or something similar one day. currently pushing 5km in 30 mins without stopping, and love to be able to go the full distance insome event like this.

As for Krispy Kremes, it's like fat in a box.
Donk

Postby Ally » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:01 am

Sheesh can they ban the chocolate drives as well????

This little section bothered me.......A motion to ban selling unhealthy foods at fundraisers was resoundingly defeated at the NSW Federation of Parents and Citizens Associations' annual general meeting last year. :shock: Why would they not ban it?? it is a mystery to me...they say they want to make the school ground a better place, but the P&C didn't go for it?? Got me scratching my head!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Julz » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:06 am

Unfortunately its all about the money Ally, my daughters school does this each year and makes thousands from it, but they also had a fundraising thing where they were selling boxes of fresh fruit and vegies, they made less than $100 from that. I think just about all the food related fundraising at my daughters school is just junk food, pizza days, ice-cream and spider days and any time they have an event at the school theres cakes, lollies, chips, soft drinks and slurpees on sale.
Julz

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:30 am

hey sarah how about you buy a box for a friend who eats them? or if you have a good work colleague offer to buy a box for them. that way you are paying for them but not eating them? theres even a little part on each box where it says To: and From:
kate_turner2000

Postby yummymummy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:38 am

Im not sure if its just my childrens school or all schools in WA but there is a ban on using junk food for fundraising because of the healthy food policy that was formed some time back, my girls school now fundraises with a yearly mulch selling drive and last year everyone submitted a recipe and the kids drew pictures and the school made a cook book which they sold for $10 each, comp programs, raffles and other stuff has also been used, I think if the school gets behind i and you get a little creative you can raise money for school without resorting to the use of CRAP!!
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:43 am

hey jody the recipe book is a great idea. my brother brought one through his work who brought a whole heap from a local primary school. it was about 2 inches thick and even some celebrities contributed recipes like belinda emmett and rove (as belinda went to the primary school when she was little) the prime minister, radio station personalities, the wiggles etc as well as teachers and students and the students family. i think they had to pay something little to contribute their recipe and then you had to pay for them when they were made into a book.

i think its a wonderful idea and my brother ended up giving the book to me unused because he doesnt cook! hehe
kate_turner2000

Postby yummymummy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:47 am

that sounds cool !!! ours wasnt that flash but the kids were so proud to see their pics in a book
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Dee » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:31 pm

I co-ordinated the creche recipe book fundraiser a couple of years abck and we're looking at doing the same thing at the P.S. this year. They're actually really easy to do and raise tons of cash.

On junk food fundraisers - school who are accredited for Healthy Foods will have to really pull back, becuase to be accredited you are only allowed to sell a certain percentage of crap throught the school - so canteen/ tuckshop, choclate drives, pizza day, everything has to be counted... Hopefully these fundraising companies will come up with new ingenious big buck raising ideas.

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby Ally » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:45 pm

Yeah they are only allowed once a term.....but that is still 4 per year and having been involved with the p&c there are ways around it all...so it doesn't really have much effect!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby hushpuppy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:57 pm

I agree with the banning the chocie drives Ally . We usuely get one with school then one with cubs then one with soccer all in one hit so at times there is three boxes of frogs (chockie)calling me .... i like the idea of the cook book though
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Return to Just Chatting